DVDVR Message Board

The Wong Fei-hung Kung Fu Movie Review pre-thread

Execproducer

Work will stop kicking my ass this week and then I have nothing but watching multiple movies at work time.

So yeah - I am not getting to anything until this Memorial Day weekend

We've got the Risk Management Framework inspection today so I will be lucky to breathe, much less eat lunch.

I will have some downtime tomorrow and Wednesday to finish up the special thing.

• Like 1

The special thing is done and I have PMed it.

Now it's time for me to get a haircut and control my rage while the RMF people conduct the physical security audit.

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

Work is squeezing my eyeballs out and I need more time.  I can have it in by Saturday night for reals.

Which brings us to the latest update.

Reviews: Curt, driver, J.T., AxB , jae, odessa

Bonus: J.H., AxB (2), J.T. 

These things usually begin before all of the reviews are in, but there are a few too many outstanding, even with the bonus stuff I have so far. So, one last extension to Sunday and then we begin. 

I would suggest Monday just because of the 3 day weekend for most. (Board traffic tends to be down on weekends and holidays)

My hope is to watch my movie at work tomorrow and then write something this weekend.

It will definitely be done this weekend though

So the deadline's today, yeah? Obviously I got my stuff in early, but there was another bonus I was planning on. Haven't actually watched it yet. I did watch The Raid 2 last week, but it blew my mind so much my review would be just, like, "Watch this, it's awesome!", and I don't think anyone's really interested in a four word review.

Good news, everyone! My pc appears to be in its death throes. I’m not even attempting this on my phone and I don’t go back to work until Thursday. Deadline extended! I believe there are still four or five of you that I’m still waiting on.

God this is like the worst day to have writer's block

I am so in my early DVDVR days right now. And my mid-DVDVR days. And my current DVDVR days.

My review so far might as well be just "He card. Read good."

I was 1/2 way done with mine 2 weeks ago and then the baby broke my train of thought. I keep looking at what I wrote and I'm like" Who tthe fuck wrote this? What is this even about?". Can't you just repost my Shaft review from February?

James

Basically what I got so far is passive aggressively attacking people for double standards all while making a Ric Flair joke.

So... yeah... this review is going to be a wild ride.

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Basically what I got so far is passive aggressively attacking people for double standards all while making a Ric Flair joke.

So... yeah... this review is going to be a wild ride.

Probably better than my current "People do Kung Fu good!" review so far.

My daughter is in minor surgery now, so I'm trying to write to take my mind off it, but it isn't working.

Edited by Raziel

Hope you’re reviewing the right film! Because I’d be baffled that anyone would hate on the one you got.                                                            Anyway there isn’t a huge rush. Not being a rich man, it is going to take me a minute to replace my pc.

Edited by Execproducer

34 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

Hope you’re reviewing the right film! Because I’d be baffled that anyone would hate on the one you got.                                                            Anyway there isn’t a huge rush. Not being a rich man, it is going to take me a minute to replace my pc.

No no - I said it because of one very specific scene in my movie

My movie is batshit crazy

However - I really wish we had a counter of how much actual Kung Fu was in all the movies selected

56 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

Had I known that this project would have been extended this far I would have played, I was just crushed with work  when the original deadline was announced. If it's okay I will try and find something in the collection that's worth talking about even if someone else is covering it. I'll be looking for either a one-armed person who hates the Japanese with a rabidity that's hard to imagine; or, something with breasts, beasts and every type of kung-fu known to man along with weird weapons that don't really exist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Ooof... it is a good thing you aren't watching my movie then

Not huge, she was getting a broken toe set and pinned.  she's all good, so I'll probably be doing the review in the 4 day weekend I have to take care of her now.