DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/27/18

*Taped for Xplosion: Freelance, Iron Kid, & Astrolux def. Belial, Impulso, & Fly Metalik

Impact Wrestling - Airing September 27, 2018 from Mexico City, Mexico

*Tessa Blanchard(c) def. Faby Apache to retain the knockouts championship. After the match, Tessa cuts a promo about being the best. Taya Valkyrie appears on the screen to challenge Tessa for Bound for Glory.

*Brian Cage def. Jake Crist (w/ Dave Crist & Sami Callihan). After the match, oVe attack Cage until the lights go out and when they come back on, Pentagon Jr. & Fenix appear on the screen having abducted and tied up Dave Crist, allowing Cage to take out Jake & Sami.

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) def. The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Gursinder Singh w/ The Great Gama Singh). After the match, King & The OGz appear on the screen with old photos of Konnan. King talks about how Konnan lost his mask years ago and they end up burning a Konnan mask.

*Allie & Kiera Hogan def. Su Yung & The Undead Maid of Honor

*Moose & Killer Kross (w/ Austin Aries) def. Eddie Edwards & Johnny Impact when Moose pinned Eddie after Aries interfered.

Faby/Tessa was a hell of a sprint. Fast, stiff, lots of close kickouts. Faby's reverse figure four after baseball sliding under Tessa was baller. Tessa needs to work on those faces though, that freak-out look when she didn't get the pinfall was really goofy. 

Not like this is news but it looks like Cage has injected every single "performance enhancer" in the whole of both the United States and Mexico. He looked SO huge in his entrance that it just bears repeating. "No amount of weight training and dieting can protect your groin" says Callis, yeah well having nuts the size of M&Ms from steroid abuse might.

Aries calling el Texano "the Texan" with the "the" part of his name not left out while speaking to him directly is amusing.

Wait... I know I wasn't paying attention the whole time, but: No La Parka?! No fair.

• Like 3

Really dug Tessa/Faby even if it was a bit short, they packed a lot into those 5 mins. Loved Faby's smooth reversal sequences. Tessa/Taya seems kind of random/thrown together for BFG, but should be a good match. LAX/DHS was pretty fun too, fast paced and chaotic at times. Weird for Su to be taking the fall in the tag match but I guess it sets up next week's match. Very solid main event tag.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Really dug Tessa/Faby even if it was a bit short, they packed a lot into those 5 mins. Loved Faby's smooth reversal sequences. LAX/DHS was pretty fun too, fast paced and chaotic at times. Weird for Su to be taking the fall in the tag match but I guess it sets up next week's match. Very solid main event tag.

Solid show overall. Su shouldn't be dropping falls unless she is on the losing end of a title match against Tessa, especially when her partner is one of the unnamed Undead Bridesmaids. It kills some of Su's aura. It would have been like Taker dropping falls during his early Western mortician persona, when he didn't lose on tv, only on house shows to Warrior and ppv to Hogan.

• Like 3

Tessa/Faby was nice I wonder what they could do with more time. I don't mind Tessa's expressions since I think it fits with her character of "young star with all of the physical tools but doesn't always have the mental game going." It stuff like that that can leave her open for flash pins and other quick losses.

Does anyone know who the bridesmaid was? It is usually a different person each time?

• Like 1

Let's go a little further with that; can somebody just explain Su Yung? I'm coming in cold on this. I've heard of Rosemary and know she's injured and that's why they apparently did this out with her being burned alive in a coffin (boy TNA has a thing with killing people) but I've no idea who Su Yung is at all. Is she supposed to be a schoolgirl onryo or something?

On 9/27/2018 at 11:35 PM, Ramo2653 said:

Tessa/Faby was nice I wonder what they could do with more time. I don't mind Tessa's expressions since I think it fits with her character of "young star with all of the physical tools but doesn't always have the mental game going." It stuff like that that can leave her open for flash pins and other quick losses.

Does anyone know who the bridesmaid was? It is usually a different person each time?

It does depend on the location so I'm not sure who the bridesmaid was here, but KC Spinelli played the role while they were in Canada.

On 9/28/2018 at 1:25 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Let's go a little further with that; can somebody just explain Su Yung? I'm coming in cold on this. I've heard of Rosemary and know she's injured and that's why they apparently did this out with her being burned alive in a coffin (boy TNA has a thing with killing people) but I've no idea who Su Yung is at all. Is she supposed to be a schoolgirl onryo or something?

Swap out schoolgirl for bride and you've pretty much got it. She comes to the ring accompanied by the Undead Bridesmaids.

...and she's Rich Swann's wife

I like the pairing of Moose and Kross.  I am sorta hoping they keep their sights high and don't decide to go after the tag belts because OGz vs. LAX is the hallmark of the mid card right now.

• Like 1