DVDVR Message Board

Oscars 2019.

The Natural

Black Panther won best costumes, best production design and best original soundtrack. Seems about right.

If there had been a best cast category (for casting directors, like) it would have been in with a shout there too.

At least @The Natural will be happy with the Best Animated feature winner when he wakes up. It's 4am in England.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxB said:

Black Panther won best costumes, best production design and best original soundtrack. Seems about right.

If there had been a best cast category (for casting directors, like) it would have been in with a shout there too,

I've been saying for years there should be a best ensemble award

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

You're not wrong, but this was a not great movie by Oscar bait standards.

I thought it was merely ok. Like, it wasn't a waste of time, but it's not that good of a movie. 

But the fucking academy loves themselves a biopic about musicians. 

Seriously, what a poor choice. 

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

So next year this time Elton?

Personally I cant wait til we get to Be Bop Deluxe.  Ellar Coltrane will play Bill Nelson.

At least Taron is singing the fucking songs in the movie. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I thought it was merely ok. Like, it wasn't a waste of time, but it's not that good of a movie. 

But the fucking academy loves themselves a biopic about musicians. 

Seriously, what a poor choice. 

I didn't hate it or anything (although that editing award is fucking incomprehensible. It was notably poorly edited at points) but four awards with a shot still at the big one? Eesh

• Thanks 1

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

I didn't hate it or anything (although that editing award is fucking incomprehensible. It was notably poorly edited at points) but four awards with a shot still at the big one? Eesh

YES, holy shit is the editing bad. Then again, we watched both it and Vice yesterday and Vice was awesome. Scary too.

Olivia's speech was great. 

• Like 1