DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

That one gold match vs. outlaws last night was weird.  They just mauled us on every round.  I don't think we even got to round six.  It felt an order of magnitude harder than the four or five gold matches we ran against them where we got full extraction.

did enough single player today to get to level 70 and get my level IX black widow, and PAW. that was pretty much doing the vault on EOS, fighting the Architect and finding the Fiend at SIte 2.

I've yet to really formulate a strategy for higher levels like silver and gold. The Asari Adept is a melee machine the way it's built, but when there's four tough enemies around you, you can't punch them all at once. I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares about the gold and silver Krogan.

I thought you could punch four people at once if you jumped in the air first?

I felt the same way on my first run-in. I dropped it and came back to it when I felt better about my weaponry.

Mass Effect: Assholia for today is fhis random hell-bent on playing his Level 3 character in Silver. None of us could get anything going for having to revive his sorry ass.

• Like 1

We had a guy running to get into the LZ and dying, costing us a full extraction.

i didnt mind since i was just trying to inch over the line to get my Salarian up to level 9.

just got the maligned Zalkin for first time. I have a level V Avenger, so thats what i am using until i get a higher tiered assaulr rifle. At least my Viper is up to level IV. 

2 hours ago, jstout said:

I felt the same way on my first run-in. I dropped it and came back to it when I felt better about my weaponry.

Mass Effect: Assholia for today is fhis random hell-bent on playing his Level 3 character in Silver. None of us could get anything going for having to revive his sorry ass.

Melraz and I ran into a level 10 or 11 last night.  His name was Thurnderfunk, but he quickly got renamed Thunderfuck.  Ran two silvers with us.  Died about 8 duodecillion times.  We decided he was a one ball man, because he clearly had his pecker in his hand.

• Like 1

I ran into a guy who clearly had 'Everyone who's never revived me' on his no revive list. Refused to revive me when I was the only one hacking. Wouldn't revive me when he was standing on my corpse during extraction. But as soon as he died and I bought him back, suddenly he'd run all the way across the map to pick me up.

It was glitching out this morning and wouldn't let me start any matches. But technically I shouldn't be within ten foot of an online server, so I'm not in any position to be angry about that. I'll see if it's still keeping me out later tonight.

Did my first silver match today.

Wasnt as bad as I thought - a little dicey in the middle as someone my squishy Human Female Adapt became the only one doing devices

I make up for my suckyness by being the medic as I think I had a half a dozen revives on that one match

I got all the devices in one silver match today.

I understand people wanting to play Silvers because they pay better, but just bring a decent character to the party. Every time I died, I popped, because I didn't want anyone sticking their necks out for me.

New source of fun (for me): Bronze APEX matches. I'd been leaving them to my NPCs as a way to farm mission points, but they're pretty fun. They're harder than a random Bronze match (I think), and I love the stipulations.

One I played today was no revives. Once you died in a round, you stayed dead for that round. Upped the ante a bit.

I was thinking about it and if I had to pick I would say my 10 Favorite original Mass Effect series callbacks in Andromeda

Spoiler

1) The first Human baby being named after Captain Anderson

2) Liara

3) The women who was adopted by Quarians so her name is Darla vas Hyperion (this one is loose in terms of a callback but I am such a Quarian mark that I freaked the fuck out)

4) Garrus' Dad

5) Garrus' codex entry

6) Conrad's crazy ass sister

7) Avitus Rix's mentor being Saren

8) Kandros and Nyreen being related

9) Zaeed's son

10) Space Hamster~!

I missed half of those.  Shows how much attention I was paying at times.

After last night I will officially stop bitching about getting Zalkin drops.  Not because I've suddenly decided it's a good gun or something, but because it's now at level 10, so no more drops to worry about.

One thing I've noticed is that the RNG they use to decide what you get from packs is heavily weighted in terms of what it gives you, something like characters > weapons >> weapon mods

I'm buying advanced packs to clear out the uncommons now.  I've got two characters at 9, and the rest at 10.  For weapons I have a few at 9 or 10, and all of them at least at 5.  For uncommon weapon mods, I don't have any higher than 1, and there are 2 or 3 that I don't even have yet.  I've had more rare character drops than uncommon mod drops via advanced packs.

It does feel nice to start getting back into my MP habits

Especially the systematic grind of getting everything in the game

I definitely need to start playing more APEX missions instead of sending my team out since I saw how many challenges are attached to them

Kett on Silver are no joke.

Got all my common characters up to X today. Should I keep buying basic packs until I level up my common guns, or move to advanced packs to start working on my uncommon characters?

21 minutes ago, jstout said:

Kett on Silver are no joke.

Got all my common characters up to X today. Should I keep buying basic packs until I level up my common guns, or move to advanced packs to start working on my uncommon characters?

I'm not sure it really matters either way. I bought em till I had all the weapons and mods up to 10, then moved to advanced packs.

Supposedly the most efficient way is this:

basics till all commons at 10

advanced packs till all uncommons at 10

Whatever the 100K packs are called from then on out.

I just got a level 1 Phalanx, and it feels more effective than my level 6 Charger. I also got a Widow, but I haven't got an Infiltrator I'm playing yet (I'm just using the Human Engineer and the Asari Adept for now), and it's too heavy to use as a second gun when you're a Powers first-type character.

I wanted to get a take on what I should be using character points on for my single-player character. I've been pretty much sticking with the Vanguard profile, and my basic plan of attack for most enemies has been Charge/Nova/shoot (generally with a shotgun)/melee for most of the early game here so far. I've completed everything on Voeld except for the Vault and finding the science crew (as it stands right now).

Here's how I've got my points distributed. Any advice would be welcomed.

Level 21 (Currently have 12 points sitting in reserve)

Combat

Omni Grenade - 1
Barricade - 1
Pistols - 2
Shotguns - 5
Combat Fitness - 3

Biotics

Charge - 6
Nova - 6
Offensive Biotics - 4

Tech

Remnant VI - 1