DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

If the new map is the one on the Kett base that looks like it is located on Habitat 7, then I got sucked into doing a Bronze APEX strike that someone else hosted.

Adepts and Kineticists have an obscene advantage on that map.  All you have to do is a hard Pull (hold your bumper button), point yourself towards the open sky and Throw enemies off into the horizon.  It is an automatic kill.

The match stip is pretty interesting:  everyone gets 800% ammo and power cells, but ammo chests do not provide reloads.

I have reached the point of no return in the main story so I will finish tomorrow (Watching the Rangers and draft the rest of the night)

My MP participation will increase greatly this weekend.

I figure I will futz around and maybe finish some random tasks this weekend and then start the 2nd playthrough on Monday

The rally with Robert was even more furious than the one with J.T., because there were two of us instead of 3, and we were in a very open section of the map.

It was like a dudes with miniguns convention. I'd revive myself, heal Robert, promptly die, Robert would heal me, etc. I wore out health packs and revives.

Robert, I told you wrong, I didn't get the ultra-rare Krogan, I got the rare one.

I did an APEX mission on a new map with randoms, and we just got our teeth kicked in on round 3. We had a hack in a big open area in the center of the map, and we just got swarmed.

11 minutes ago, jstout said:

I did an APEX mission on a new map with randoms, and we just got our teeth kicked in on round 3. We had a hack in a big open area in the center of the map, and we just got swarmed.

The Kett map on Habitat 7? 

Yeah, there are a couple of problematic spots on that board.  The LZ is open to flanking on two sides and there is high ground that gives enemies line of sight over cover. 

If you try to dig in on Wave 7 and wait for the shuttle, it will get messy.

Your best bet on Extraction is to run the rooftops of the Kett facility and avoid Ascendants and Fiends like the plague unless your squad is also shooting at them and then haul ass to the LZ when the clock gets down to 20 or 30 seconds.

I should also mention that I am/was so paranoid about spoilers that I didn't even look at the achievement list

Still haven't

So I have a feeling some achievement hunting might be in my future - depending on how close I am to some things

Finished

Well technically not as I had to stop right at the start of the epilogue but I will finish that as soon as my wife gets back from walking the dog

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Finished

Well technically not as I had to stop right at the start of the epilogue but I will finish that as soon as my wife gets back from walking the dog

Where are you on the ending fight? 

Assuming you meant what I thought of it... it would have been weirder without he warnings from folks in this thread

I feel comfortable in saying though that JT finally got his fight

• Like 1

The mission is wonderful. The final fight is not good.

Spoiler

Its just an architect fight with extra enemies, even worse really since you didn't get to kill the Archon-Architect properly like you do the architects. Honestly, I was really hoping the Archon was going to be some sort of super Ascendant fight. Would have made a lot more sense.

Yeah I was talking in total

The final final part was like how I spent a lot of other battles. Throw out my turret to distract and then run around like a loon

Honestly none of the ME finales have had great final fights considering the first two had fights that would last two seconds if you had the right weapon/skill and then there was 3

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My game now crashes anytime I try to get the status report of any strike team mission

Guess I am just using the app for that

I went through a phase of that. Going back to the main menu should clear it up.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Have you tried checking it on the nexus, not just on the tempest? 

Yup - same thing happened

You have to go all the way back to the XBONE main menu, quit the game and then restart it

So I am just gonna use the app for assigning teams. I am still able to cash in my crates though (at least for now)

I beat the game and wrapped the epilogue yesterday.  Nothing left but a bunch of scavenger hunt tasks I may never get to, I believe.

Agreed in loving the premise of the final mission.  Also (minor spoilers):

Spoiler

it wasn't until then that I realized that with the loss of the power wheel, the two squadmate system is just kind of arbitrary now.  It was pretty cool to be in a middle of a fight and realize oh hey I didn't bring them along that's cool and also what's up Sloane Kelly.

I did honestly feel like I was just pushing through towards the end there; once I hit level 61 and felt the wrath of the tier VIII glitch, the wind was pretty much out of my sails.  There's still a lot of good "Mass Effect"-ness to be had, but the thing is so riddled with basic, incomprehensible bugs and ill-conceived systems it is very disheartening overall.  Also, throughout my playthrough, I couldn't help but think about how much the game leaned on tropes exhausted by the first trilogy; I honestly had it in the back of my mind that at some point things could go full MGS2 and Ryder would be revealed as just a pawn in a Commander Shepard Simulator program.

On the bright side, I keep reminding myself how much of a flawed, beautiful mess ME1 was, and the strong possibility that the inevitable sequel will be paired down, streamlined, and fleshed out in the style of ME2.  Also, with how responsive Bioware was with the ME3 Extended Cut (and even the first major patch for this title), I'm also hopeful that Andromeda will be a very different, overall better experience in the next few months to a year, and will reward another playthrough down the line.

Only needed one body for Naming the Dead so I finished that

I can grab a couple more achievements that are fairly simple too.

Not sure I am going to do all the various ones that require floating enemies

Well shit i just loaded into a room but was in the arms of a fiend before i could even move. When the screen loaded I was already grabbed, picked up and getting my ribs turned into dust. Fuckin awesome!!

• Like 1

Is it me, or do the APEX missions you do in multiplayer seem much harder than joining or creating a random match?

I know there's stipulations like pistol fire doing more damage than other fire, etc., but I just think they're harder overall.

I think my computer teams have a better chance of finishing them, so I may just send those. Stipulations are fun, though.

Should be prowling around sometime around midnight tonight if anyone wants to carry me.