DVDVR Message Board

Fight Kits, USADA, & Courtroom Chaos (Pat Lundvall is a Spiteful Witch Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

If Nate, Brock, and JBJ are on the same docket for the next meeting, that will be entertaining as well as seven hours long. They legit spent 30 minutes on the logistics of someone doing a PSA and the production quality.

• Like 1

In bigger news though, JBJ's attorney Howard Jacobs says that they found that Jones' supplements did have banned substances and were contaminated. 

Jon's three person arbitration panel will cost $55,000.

Wonder what GAT Nutrition is going to say now.  Once again, exhibit A.  Jon Jones' GAT Nutrition teammate, Sadik Hadzovic.

IMHO nothing ever smells right about any of these supplement excuses IMHO.  If it's always tainted supplements that are causing false tests, why do fighters continue to use them?  It makes no sense to me if you are an elite fighter and you are making good money why you would roll the dice on your career like that if you are genuinely not trying to cheat intentionally.

The true test is whenever someone tests positive for a banned substance for the second time if they got off light on the first go round. I don't see how that doesn't end up an automatic two year sanction.

22 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Well, that's what happened to Chael Sonnen arguably.

Josh Barnett got off pretty easy though.

All those failures were pre-USADA though. If USADA gives you a two year suspension, the commissions have no choice to but to recognize that suspension. 

If Jon gets a six month or nine months suspension, the worst he is probably getting from the NAC is a dressing down, a similar or same discipline retroactive to the fail date, and possibly a fine. That's it. It's much different when commissions are saying they are going to go along with the drug testing organization. However, again, it goes both ways. If the USADA doesn't accept the tainted supplement thing twice, chances are Pat Lundvall is about to break out her broom when you get in front of that commission.

Jones' lawyer says it's definitely a tainted supplement.... well, if Jones told him in private "I was doing shitloads of steroids lol", his lawyer would still call a press conference and say it was definitely a tainted supplement. It's his job to say that.

Ultimately, an athlete is responsible for what he puts into his body. And if he buys supplements (or is given them by a sponsor) that turn out to be tainted, at the end of the day he's still getting a competitive advantage from an illegal substance. And whether he took them knowingly or unknowingly, the rules are there to be applied to everyone equally. If steroids are legal to anyone who takes them by accident... they're legal to everyone.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Jones' lawyer says it's definitely a tainted supplement.... well, if Jones told him in private "I was doing shitloads of steroids lol", his lawyer would still call a press conference and say it was definitely a tainted supplement. It's his job to say that.

Except he isn't holding a presser for this. This is in regards to the arbitration in ten days time. If it was their plan to walk in and just say what they feel happened, then there would be no purpose in having arbitration. If you feel that you have evidence of no clear intentional wrongdoing, then take your shot.

Brock's case, on the other hand, is not going so well as his supplements came back from testing and were all negative for any banned substances. I believe Lesnar's team is holding on to the possibility that he tested positive for some contaminated product he "forgot" to disclose on his prefight questionnaire. I don't see that one getting through.