DVDVR Message Board

Fight Kits, USADA, & Courtroom Chaos (Pat Lundvall is a Spiteful Witch Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

14 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I don't venture here much, but I love his show with Bryan on Figure 4 Daily.  While in the WO article he says no comment, I wonder on next week's show if he says anything.  Considering his girlfriend gave birth this week that's bad timing for the guy.

I don't really listen to F4D shows, but I didn't know he was out due to injury. I just kinda figured he was taking time off due to his first kid being born or they couldn't find him a fight.

On 11/4/2016 at 11:56 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

I don't really listen to F4D shows, but I didn't know he was out due to injury. I just kinda figured he was taking time off due to his first kid being born or they couldn't find him a fight.

Yeah, he had the injury but no fights were coming up for him after that.  He's been covering Smackdown and Impact and recently has a tournament he's running.  Seems like a pretty decent guy, not sure how this is going to play out for him.

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Interesting strategy...

Uh...uh...give us as much time as possible to pull an excuse out of our asses!

Except for Diaz. Wait, is the Diaz thing about his CBD vape pen?

I believe Jon's team is waiting for USADA to make their ruling before he goes in front of the commission.

Lesnar is still having his foot cream tested or whatever.

Nate has to go in front of the commission due to the water bottle thing from the 202 pre fight presser. The vape pen thing was over weeks ago.

30 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So I guess he is getting a title shot about a week after the suspension.   

He was going to get one regardless. Whoever wins at 206 is probably fighting one more time in between time in probably March or April and probably the winner of Bader/Minotoro II if Bader wins.  That's the end of the line in terms of light heavyweights unless we really believe the Cirkunov/Krylov winner is worthy of one. The division isn't exactly replete with challengers, and that's a division the UFC looks toward to headline shows.

In addition, the UFC hasn't really ever done supplemental punishment or discipline. That's not really their M.O. outside cutting people and Joe Silva doing stuff for his own bemusement. If they didn't do it for people that did cheat, they're not doing that when the regulatory body they use openly stated said person didn't cheat. Moreover, that's definitely not going down when they need all hands on deck. 

6 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:
Gotta stay away from the bootleg dick pills, fellas.

12 months from the test failure, so he's back in July 2017. And he got the PED from a 'sexual performance' pill? He doesn't seem the type of guy to be insecure about his shagging abilities. Unless he's done loads of steroids for years and they've made his nuts shrivel up and dry.

This is likely a meaningless concern in the grand scheme of things... but he's stripped of the interim title at some point, right?  I though it was rather pointless to begin with, but if he's suspended for a year and the actual champ (I know I know, but he has the real belt) fights multiple times then I don't really see an argument for it to continue to be a thing.

13 minutes ago, username said:

This is likely a meaningless concern in the grand scheme of things... but he's stripped of the interim title at some point, right?  I though it was rather pointless to begin with, but if he's suspended for a year and the actual champ (I know I know, but he has the real belt) fights multiple times then I don't really see an argument for it to continue to be a thing.

The argument is that it is Jon Jones.

• Like 1

If fighting multiple times is the bar, then Aldo would be stripped since Conor would have fought multiple times since Aldo won his belt.

If he wasn't stripped when he was declared to have a possible violation, I doubt Jon would stripped when USADA stated basically "well he didn't cheat but just sit out five more months".