DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
5 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I personally wasn't too concerned about them being able to fill cards, hell even SEAdLINNNG manages to pull that off, its more that they are very heavy on younger/inexperienced wrestlers and a little low on wrestlers with name recognition. From skimming their roster, once Tsukushi retires it is basically just Fujimoto and Hoshi that are respected vets, with the next most experienced wrestlers being those that are solid mid-card hands but not considered future leaders of the promotion (Totoro and Maika). Course they still use Maya and Ram which helps too.

Its not the end of the world and at least they do have a bunch of solid young wrestlers, but probably (ideally) in the next year they'd like one of them to rise up almost to a "Super Rookie" type status and hopefully start determining who is Ace material and who isn't. Its do-able, they've just lost a lot of gatekeepers/upper midcarders in the last six months.

Just a prediction here, but I think you'll probably see that out of Kaho Matsushita. In terms of spots, she's already broken out of Tsukka's gokurakugatame, which shows she's progressing past the rookie stage already in terms of booking. She also just went 12 minutes today in a singles match with Makoto at Shin-Kiba, which seems like it's a step to show further progress. Ibuki Hoshi's also been positioned to be right on the edge of a breakout before all the departures, and now Asahi is starting to reach that level too.

I think my point about "filling the card" was more to your concern about those gatekeepers and upper midcarders. It would have been nice to have Akane Fujita and Mochi Miyagi to get these younger folks in positions, but they're not around anymore, so instead the freelancers are stepping in, really. I'll never complain about having Ram Kaichow or Rina Yamashita around as often as possible!

Things will probably be shaky for a while, but I think there's a lot of good steps being taken.

Kero Tanaka will be a special ring announcer for one or two games at Sumo hall for TJPW on the 19th. He was the ring announcer for NJPW from 1980 to 2006. Minami Momochi (桃知みなみ) the world's first animated idol and the first ring announcer of TJPW below will return and announce for one or two games on the same show.

%E6%A1%83%E7%9F%A5%E3%81%BF%E3%81%AA%E3%

Edited by Blue Dragon

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, DEAN said:

GLEAT is so fun.

FNUoppOaAAIjbNH?format=jpg&name=large

We need 100% more Madeline in our lives.

Oh my GOD, who is so filled with hatred for the human race that they would book a match with both Arisa Nakajima and Yurika Oka in it.  Oka isn't going to make it to 19.

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Oh my GOD, who is so filled with hatred for the human race that they would book a match with both Arisa Nakajima and Yurika Oka in it.  Oka isn't going to make it to 19.

I got around to watching Arisa Nakajima vs. Hanako Nakamori last week and it just reminded me how awesome Arisa still is. She doesn't wrestle as much these days (understandable, she has had a long career of hard hits) but when she does she certainly doesn't hold back. Still one of the best.

• Like 2