DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Remember that Capture called Claustrophobia, that some people think has a spawn trap in it? I did it with me against two guys, and they really really wanted to spawn trap me. Fifteen minutes, first one to deliver seven bags wins. I won 5 deliveries to zero. 41 kills, 18 deaths.

It would have been over faster, but I abandoned my usual run & gun style to camp instead. And because they were basically camping as well, it turned into a bit of a Mexican standoff. Even though 2 vs 1, they should have been trying to flank me at every opportunity, instead of pumping bullets into something I'm stood behind.

And then I didn't get my Daily Objective, because that one's a Raid and I needed a Hold. So I did Bloody Gulch against some AFK guy, who left when I got bored of just capturing and delivering bags and went to see what his base looked like ;) Now all I need to do is call a Mugger on someone. Last time I had that, I spawned in a public up at Sandy Shores air field. There were a few guys in the lobby, one level 230-odd and a bunch of 50s and 30s. The side of the screen kept saying this:

230 guy killed level 32 jobber.

230 guy killed level 53 jobber.

230 guy killed level 17 jobber.

230 guy killed level 32 jobber.

I looked at the map and he seemed to be on the roof of the Ammu-Nation near Bahama Mamas. So I sent the mugger after him, because why not. And the side of the screen said this:

230 guy killed level 17 jobber.

230 guy was mugged for $10,000.

Level 32 jobber killed 230 guy.

The Mugger sent by you was killed.

Level 53 jobber killed 230 guy.

Level 32 jobber killed 230 guy.

Level 17 jobber killed 230 guy.

So not only does he lose his $10,000 which obviously someone else picked up (with him being dead at the time the mugger was killed), but it looks like they also took his camping spot. And some people, camping spots is all they've got. Those guys should have thought of sending a Mugger themselves. You'd think one of them would have thanked me or something.

• Like 2

Those dots were terrible last night.  I don't think we ran into a single one that was really any kind of threat.  I somehow managed to unlock two tints last night.  Been a while since I did that.

I think my headset is only working about half the time, because I couldn't hear some of what you were saying, and vice versa.  Couldn't hear the second 1:1 guy at all for some reason.  That's part of the reason I'm not talking that much.

The guys I could hear (Zentorno boy and one of the guys on the beach) were annoying enough for me to mute em eventually.  I couldn't figure out what they had to brag about.  One guy kept bragging about being in passive.  The other about how much he didn't care about getting his car blown up a bunch of times.

I forgot about the names and the back stories. I thought it was impossible for something to be both funny and oddly creepy at the same time, but there it was.

We'd be just ass-deep in a gigantic scrum of dots, and I'd look over and Dragon would be across the street punching NPCs. That's dedication to your craft, right there.

You only get so many times you can master something. That is one of mine.

• Like 2

Those dots were terrible last night.  I don't think we ran into a single one that was really any kind of threat.  I somehow managed to unlock two tints last night.  Been a while since I did that.

I think my headset is only working about half the time, because I couldn't hear some of what you were saying, and vice versa.  Couldn't hear the second 1:1 guy at all for some reason.  That's part of the reason I'm not talking that much.

The guys I could hear (Zentorno boy and one of the guys on the beach) were annoying enough for me to mute em eventually.  I couldn't figure out what they had to brag about.  One guy kept bragging about being in passive.  The other about how much he didn't care about getting his car blown up a bunch of times.

The second 1:1 guy didn't really say much. He begged for mercy twice and left. I should've pondered the possibility of getting bad rep. I've been on the inside, man, and I ain't goin' back. They'll never take me alive!

The guy bragging about being in passive was an odd one. I got a car and got ready to run him over when he got into a car. I stepped out of my car and tried to shotgun him, but the police took care of me fast. He got the hell out of Dodge, abandoning his buddy on the beach with two sharks. His buddy left soon after. Never say "you can't get me" when you're in passive. It isn't necessarily easy to "get you," but we're an oddly determined bunch.

I kept accidentally wandering into Robert's line of RPG carnage last night, and Zentorno boy was laughing at how stupid we were after Robert chain-reaction RPG'd my car. Problem is, we were laughing as hard as he was. Sometimes when you're shoving a foot up a guy's ass, it's easy to stumble.

Driving along yesterday in my Massacro, I started to get bumped and chased by two in two cars.

Cycle through the weapons... OOOH... Proximity mines.

Driving along the road, getting bumped, throw the mine ahead of me.  

Got em both with the same mine.  I was very proud of myself.   They were... nonplussed. 

• Like 2

You hardly ever hear people say "good show, old chap" after you kill them. We were fairly congratulatory when someone popped us last night.

But come to think of it, with the two proximity mine kills, I think Robert accidentally killed me more than the rest of the room killed me on purpose.

I hate those guys who bitch about every single time they get killed. One guy was getting his head kicked in and calling everyone who killed him a "faggot," and I should've jumped on the game chat and said "you're in the gay side of town, then, because EVERYONE IS KILLING YOU."

I had plans to put him through the spin cycle just to listen to him whine, but when I'm by myself in a room, I tend to get distracted by stupid-sounding user-created races. "MAX LOOPZ AND JUMPZ" usually will draw my interest from battling dots when I'm by myself.

Anyone else noticed that they added all these things to do in Freemode like blow up the airplane and blow up the car and distract the cops and they hardly ever pop up? Even Simeon cars hardly ever pop up. Kill Target happens occasionally.

I've noticed that too. For a bit there, they'd pop up quite frequently, now, not so much. Not that it matters too much, as I'm hardly ever around freemode anymore. I basically only do that when Ax or Cris are on. Most of the time I'm in heists with friends or in the crew's case, Volk.

The only new thing I've done is distract the cops because I'm late to the party when they finally show up.

I really want to destroy a smuggler's plane, but somebody always seems to already be in a jet by the time I notice it.

On another note, I tried out a new-to-me tactic, but messed up the timing. There was a dot on the beach, but he was so close to the water that I couldn't see him. I knew he was trained on me, and there was no cover for me to advance. (I feel like J.T. right now.)

I decided to call a mugger on him and kill his ass while he was laying on the sand. I waited too long and he got back up and shot me. Now I really want to pull it off. Anybody done it?

• Like 1

You hardly ever hear people say "good show, old chap" after you kill them. 

I think I've had that happen exactly twice.  One was a guy that melraz and I were fighting maybe a year ago.  The other was, of all people, the guy in the dunce cap that RUkered and were fighting a few days ago.

RUkered, you've never had someone have you mugged and then kill you while you're knocked down? That's happened to me a bunch.

Usually it's when I'm in a really tight standoff with someone where we're really close together. I tend not to try to use grenades or stickys up close because I'm horribly bad at it, so I generally wait for people to get impatient and rush me, then blast them with the ol' automatic shotgun.

Instead, some people will have me mugged, then when I'm knocked down, round the corner and shoot me. I don't know why it ticks me off, but it generally makes me furious.

Last night's adventures in chatland:

I get into a room and strike up a conversation with a kid, maybe 16 or so, seemed nice enough. He's going on about how mean ol' people are killing him. I run into him on the highway and he says "uh, do you know you have sticky bombs on the front of your car?"

"Yeah, I know. I put them there."

"Wouldn't want you to accidentally set them off."

"No, I'm gonna intentionally set them off."

He got in the car at one point. I tried to tell him ... "Uh, dude, you might wanna get out of the car." (closing in on armored car dot) "Uh, dude, you might wanna get out of the car now." (closing in on dot) "Uh, dude, you REALLY might wanna get out of the car." BOOM! (took out armored car, three dudes in it, me and the guy I was chatting with). "Uh, dude, I tried to tell you to get out of the car."

At one point, he asks for a ride, one of those "are you shitting me?" GTA moves. I check his level and it's something like a 216 or so. I'm like "dude, you're a 216 and you're THIS lost in freemode? You gotta buck up, soldier."

But I still traveled down to the beach at one point when he said he was hemmed in and needed help. I get down there and one guy disappears, I run another one off with some snipin', and I'm handling the last one when I look over and there's a tank sitting on the beach. I'm like "dude, someone's called in a tank, we gotta get out of here."

"Yeah, I know, I called in the tank."

"What the fuck for? We've got this, you're bringing a bazooka to a duck hunt." ... BOOM! Dude accidentally kills me with the tank - both me and the guy I was killing were red dots and he got us confused. He apologized, I respawned, declared that I was too old for this shit, and left.

Then got into another room, where several dudes were yelling at each other about how they were gonna kick each other's asses - always my favorite. One dude said if the other would give him his address, he'd come to his house, kill him, cut him up and make him into soup. Find new session.

• Like 3

I think I'm doing game chat wrong. Mine is set to everyone, but I never hear shit when I'm by myself. I want to hear some of these shenanigans that Stout hears all the time.

Well...shenanigans - threatened homicide - whichever.

• Like 1

It may also depend if they too have it set to "everyone". I'm not entirely sure though, as I always have it set to "crew + friends". However, I do hear the killshot sound byte regardless of settings.

Hey guys I found Stout's polar opposite on another forum just now.

This is in response to a picture of a real life chromed out Zentorno looking car.

I'd say it looks like one of those cars in GTA that I stay away from because I know whoever is behind the wheel is more dedicated to the game than I am and could probably kill me with ease. Plus it's not like you can blow it up, you know that thing is insured and let's face it, between the hookers and ammo, I don't have ten grand laying around.
  • Like 2

Missions with Randoms: The Los Santos Connection. So this one guy is of the opinion that the way to win in every combat mission is to drive round in his Kuruma running over all the enemies.  But he's actually quite shit at driving it, and consequently also spends a lot of time running over his teammates. Who then die, because he's knocked them out of cover and they're lying on the floor getting shot by people. I've never wanted someone I was doing a mission with to fail so much.

Bloody idiot doesn't even shoot out of the car.

I don't play Los Santos Connection with randoms. I hate doing it with crew.

The guy I finished a heist setup with (stealing the fancy motorcycles in the last heist) who used a Kuruma would stop in front of whoever while he and I shot them, then move to the next people. He knocked some people over, but it was kinda if it was handy as opposed to it being his primary thing to do.

I think being in the car shooting people is a good tactic, but just running over everyone like an idiot won't do.

I still love blowing up Zentornos. I always will. Juvie will never take that out of me. You know whoever's riding in one thinks they're Billy Bob Badass, when suddenly out of nowhere comes a loon in a grandma sedan and BOOM! It pisses me off to no end that I get punished for defending myself when I blow up one of those assholes backing up and shooting me in one.

I got on last night to check my daily objectives and did two of them. I then headed to a public room to see what was going on and came in with a $7,000 bounty. I was kinda crusing around in Del Perro when someone decides to step up, so I Allah Akbar him out of his PV. So far, so good. He then proceeds to stick a foot DEEPLY up my ass, eventually getting me on the beach and continuing the torture with some good ol' spawn sniping. I check his level and he's something like a 410.

I think "there's absolutely no way I'm turning this around at this point," so when I spawned near one of those canals by the beach, I swam in, threw it in passive, wrote him a message that said "white flag" and left the session. I'm not ashamed to admit when I'm beat.

So I land in a bit more hospitable session, and I've got the kill or be killed taken out of me. Lately, I've been kinda turning into Freemode's Uncle Stout, looking to help the young folk. Some Level 7 wanted a bicycle and was talking about buying one, and I'm like "what! Never buy what you can steal," and got him a BMX bike at the bike park over by the gazebo and brought it to him.

I tried to get a mission going to do with him, but couldn't get one started (been having a shitload of connection problems lately). I think someone eventually invited him to a mission after I was like "someone invite this 7 to a mission and carry him, please, he needs some money."

• Like 1

I weed my prospects out in game chat first. The Level 7 dude was a bit older, maybe 18-20ish.

That's one of my favorite memories of the game: "Imma gonna invite him to the party to thank him"

"Don't do it, you'll regret it .."

Other players are 12 until proven otherwise.

• Like 2

We didn't take any pictures, thank God, but I came out of the thing reeking of gasoline. That's what happens when you let drunken pyromaniacs tend fires. Now I'm gonna have to take a shower today and it isn't even shower day. What the fuck?

Was good to have three of the Horsemen together. We should've drug an XBox out to the back yard to see if Robert was on so we could've chatted with him. Good to meet RUkered, feel like I've known the dude forever at this point.

You guys are gonna find this hard to believe, but Melraz was about four sheets to the wind. I got to meet the actual Melraz, Nate's wife, who is a freakin' saint for puttin' up with his shit.

• Like 4

I'm glad you came out. We live in a strange time when you can see someone for the first time and not have to do the usual "hi my name is...I'm from...I do this for a living" intros because you have already talked for damn near two years.

On the same note, I kept thinking "Robert should be here."

We should have made Mel load up the game so we could study his ways and find out how he snipes people from nine miles away.

Anyway, I'm not sure what fire you're referring to, Stout. I didn't see anything and know nothing...

• Like 4

Had to do Tennis again for a Daily Objective. The random who joined was one of those laggy guys, which really hurts when you're playing Tennis, because you hit a ball, it goes past him, hits the back wall stops, everyone stands around for a second, and then it says Point lost. It was odd because he was clean the first two sets (which I won) and suddenly started lagging in the third, so the score went 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, then he got it to 3-3. So I gave him four straight Aces on my service game and he rage quit.

DVDR Crew: Our Skills > other people's cheating.

• Like 2

Did you still get the objective if he quit?

If I need to play tennis with someone for a daily objective and I can con someone into doing it, I'm gonna see how fast a match can be thrown.

I had to do a Capture as a daily objective yesterday and I actually had two people join my started capture. The guy on the other team started shooting at me and I was like "dood, let's get this shit over with and move on with our lives."

Captures are pretty quick.  The two of you have to do something like get in a vehicle, then one can quit and it counts.

Tennis... I've had someone quit during the first game and it didn't count... but then another guy rage quit 3 games in, and it counted.  

Dan helped me with my "capture a bounty" objective today (14 day bonus too, boom!).  That's roughly the only thing that went right today.  Between the annoying level 50 guy who was complaining whenever he died, or the level 60 idiot in a jet who kept blowing Dan and I up whenever we went for a chopper...  Oooh, and the fact that we apparently hit the military base on FUCKING TANK PARADE DAY....  

Yeah, that sucked. 

• Like 1