DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

It's funny that the toughest competition is always at the very end of a session.

Nate was on for a while, but then his stuff shit the bed for no reason (his deal is so puzzling - how does it work fine for hours, then stop working?), so it was me and Robert. We'd start to pick on one dude, then here'd come about seven or eight more, it seemed, and we''d beat them back, find a dude, here'd come seven or eight more, etc.

At the end of the night, we had someone with a chick name that apparently Robert and I had klled about 60 times total at some point. She'd hulked up and was whipping my ass at every opportunity. Robert did fine against her, but she had my number. Then while I was dealing with anothe dot, some guy comes out of that Del Perro apartment and just proceeds to start whooping my ass. It was sad. Took me forever to get a double kill on him. When he left, I decided I was tired of my eyes crossing and called it a night.

There was somebody before that who was taking me on using only an RPG. He was tough. Those three were it. The rest were a mix of a couple of bad ones and a lot of OK ones, but I had no real trouble untl those last few. We made some poor clod's life just miserable at one point.

Allah was not on our side last night - I'd Allah Akbar straight at dudes standing and their cars and still not blow them up. Ones that were like "how did he not die?" In one, I had the bombs on the hood and drove up to a car so that my hood was literally touching the back of his car and STILL didn't blow it up. We took out a tank or two with off-the-radar ones. I need to test sticky bomb placement and how many I need. I blew up so many Zentornos last night. What else do you do when they're coming at you with that backward stuff?

We ran into a guy with a dunce cap and I had to check with Robert to make sure they weren't cellmates or something before I started killing him. I shouldn't joke, I'm next. Guaranteed.

We don't "team tactic" well. First off, I'm getting killed constantly and respawning away from Robert. Sometimes in those scrums I'm distracted because I respawn near a dot and I have immediate problems. Plus, I get distracted by a shiny dot and go after it. The few times I'd be online with Valcourt before he traitorously joined the other side, we'd be together 10 seconds, get separated and I'd be on the other side of a map chasing a dot while going "I really have to stop doing this." He'd get fed up with me and go do a mission. If someone gets near me, I have to take a swipe at them. I guess that's from playing alone.

Then when I do get with Robert, I'll start rushing from the same direction he is going while thinking "I really need to come at him from the other side." So I apologize to Robert for being a bad teammate.

But we both got several kills where someone was so focused on me or him that he was easy pickings for the other. Robert could've snuck behind one guy and shanked him it was so bad. He wanted me bad and didn't even see the reaper sneaking behind him.

We did team up on this useless dot who was giving Melraz a hard time. He issued the call to arms and we ran over and proceeded to stick a foot up that guy's ass untl he hid in a glitch I've never seen before. We tried to coax him out of it but eventually tired of his shit and kicked him. Fucking glitcher. He had no crew in the room with him and kept sending us messages that said "crew vs. crew?" I kept sending him messages that said "you have no crew. get out of that glitch, you pansy. Be a man." If you're gonna die, die with your boots on.

• Like 1

Online? Would you even get into a room and then couldn't stay in it, or would you stay in the "clouds" and then get kicked back to single-player? We always start unplugging routers and cussing life.

Single-player? Never really had a problem with that.

The bastards of rockstar dont let me live life to the fullest. But still had fun while it lasted. The lil glitcher tank boy pissed me off. Really wish i coulda got in the glitch with a sticky bomb on my back but the lil shit kept shootin em off.

Glad we got to put the band back together last night, even if it was only for a little while before technical shit started rearing its ugly head.  Had a lot of good laughs.  Plus, the return of ba-ding!

Melraz would've loved that last room we got stuck in.  It was a sniper's paradise for most of the time.  People that had no business trying to snipe kept giving it a go, and paying the price.  One guy in particular got killed from the westside Ammunation, all the way up into the hills north of town, then back down to Chinatown.  Poor guy had no situational awareness.  About halfway through, I was sitting up on a hill waiting for him to respawn after Stout sniped him out of a car.  I saw him start running toward a parked car, and I was thinking to myself "surely he's not gonna try that".  Of course, he did, and he paid the price.  I had the shot lined up on the back window of the car for at least 10 seconds before he got in the car.  Poor bastard.

Blew up more personal vehicles than I probably should've, but I really couldn't help it.  Suckers kept trying that backwards Zentorno/Entity shit, and they needed to be taught a lesson.  Still sad I didn't manage to allah akbar that one guy while I was driving his purple Superbird, though. 

One of my old crew from Cell Block 10 was in that one room.  I wanted to tell him to take that damn dunce cap off.  Us ex cons gotta keep our heads down and try to blend in.  I might have to bring my female character out of mothballs to see if she's still wearing that thing.

It was one of those nights where somebody new would kill me and the game would tell me I was up 12-2 on them.  That type of shit just kept happening over and over.  chevygirl got me after I had killed her one time, and the game told me I was up about 45 to 5 on her.  How the hell do I not remember that?

Ran into a bunch of tanks for some reason, but none of them were much of a danger.  Got one guy to accidentally blow up his own tank once, then drove a sticky bomb laden car under him after he went and got another.  No jets to speak of.  I only remember one, and that guy crashed into a palm tree right in front of us.

Got a good laugh at the expense of one dumbass that thought they were in passive and walked up to me doing the air thrusting shit.  Shotgun to the face sorted that out for them.

And, yeah we've always been shitty at team tactics.  We drove JT crazy.  He'd be trying to form us into a cohesive fighting unit, and we'd all get distracted by something shiny and chase halfway across the map after it.  I'm probably the worst at it.  I see 8 dots in a group, and I can't help it.  I gotta go say hello in the traditional nite shift way.

• Like 2

Well Chris and I are the kings of what Mis calls "want to give something a hug"

We are the Bayleys of the GTA crew

CSC? He's fierce. I've seen him wrecking some fools in Freemode.

You, on the other hand, need to embrace your inner asshole. Join the dark side. You have no problem repeatedly killing me in a deathmatch (believe me), but you have a problem killing some dude named WeedMan420? Ask yourself in any situation "how can I be the biggest dick possible here?"

And I'd forgotten about Robert trying to Allah Akbar dude with dude's own car. That's the biggest dick move possible here.

Mis Allah Akbars up his freakin' Adder. He don't care.

We'll ride together in a car wired with sticky bombs knowing both of us are gonna die. Don't care.

I think that reckless disregard for our own lives gives us an edge over quite a few players. We don't team tactic well, much to the General's chagrin, but we do "smother" well. Somebody's always coming at the victim in some form. I'm in close quarters 'cause I like the shotgun to the face, while Mel and Robert are setting up for sniper shots and RUkered's driving the explosive car.

It's satisfying to come out of my garage when playing solo, knowing there's a three-person fight going on right outside my door, and 15 minutes later, I'm like "where'd everybody go?"

I'm easily the worst for chasing shiny. Someone crosses my path, they're going down. And I don't let the fact that they're in a Zentorno and I'm in a stolen Futo stop me. Don't quite like plunging in with eight dots like Robert does, but if he does, I'm there. It was satisfying one night to make three pretty good guys working together tap out and go start picking on someone else. You may kill us (me, mainly) a thousand times, but we're not quitting.

The vast majority of the rooms we land in, though, do not want to fight. We kill them once, they quit or run. FIGHT WITH HONOR! FIGHT WITH VALOR!

Oh I found my inner asshole in Destiny. JT can attest to that

It is amazing to me that on some levels - the folks running around GTA Online are more mature than folks in a Bungie online game

And I'd forgotten about Robert trying to Allah Akbar dude with dude's own car. That's the biggest dick move possible here.

To add more cherry to the top of the asshole sundae, don't forget that all of that was during my one-on-one deathmatch with the guy.

I had just joined and caught up with the pack, when I see the dude and kill him. I don't know why he sent me the deathmatch invite, because y'all were already whipping his ass. But all I know is I barely finish saying,

"Haha, this dude just sent me a one-"

In unison: "ACCEPT IT!!!"

It's the only deathmatch I know that's ended 0-0 because I spent the whole time running around keeping the guy busy while the other three just blew him to smithereens repeatedly.

The kid got lucky and shot Robert out of his personal vehicle, so Robert couldn't see it on the map when he respawned. I just happened to spot it, and was on my way to get in it and deliver it to Robert for attempt number two, when it went up in flames.

Cue Robert - Shit...I just blew it up, didn't I?

It deserved to be blown up anyway. Ugly purple ass big spoiler having thing. It looked like a poor man's version of Richard Petty's blue Super Bee.

Edit: Just remembered I took a picture of it for posterity.

0_0_zps6b4f668a.jpg

• Like 3

That wasn't even the only personal vehicle I blew up accidentally.  I was trying to get the guy with a sticky bomb, and forgot I still had one on his car.  Same thing happened earlier after I shotgunned two guys off motorcycles then tried to get one on his respawn after he hid behind a wall.

Allah Akbaring the guy with his own car would've been up there with killing the guy in passive in the pool. I'm surprised we all haven't been sent to juvie by now.

It was an ugly car. Some dude from the AV Club wrote some stupid piece about why people live where they live in Los Santos and I tore down his argument with a little game history (everyone lives in Eclipse Towers 'cause during the billionaire days, everyone bought the most expensive apartment at the time, screw it). He posted a picture of himself with his white and red Panto, and I commented "dude, if I see you in Freemode in that thing, I will not rest until I blow up that car."

Some cars are just in need of a good blowin' up. It's the most pointlessly fun thing in the game.

• Like 2

Some of us bought Eclipse Towers before the half million sorry, never mind the billionaire days. I moved out later though (High Life update - I got the update first and wanted to see the new apartment interiors) . I live at Integrity Way now.

My Panto, like my Issi, is Gold and Chrome. King of Compacts~!

I bought the cheapest 10-car garage apartment I could (Del Perro) because I had to hurry because heists were coming. There was a significant move to Eclipse Towers during the billionaire days. I didn't bother, didn't see the point.

An Issi is OK (prefer the Rhapsody in the compact class), but you can have that damn Panto. And "you gotta have real driving talent to drive it correctly, I'm better than you 'cause I can drive it and you can't, blah, blah, blah." Don't care. There's tons of cars I'd rather drive, so I drive those.

It's more the fact that any time we race in Compacts, Cris and Havoc are blinded by a raging hatred of such undersized and underpowered vehicles, and meanwhile they've got me in their ears winding them up about my superior European technique... so they drive over-aggressively and spin out. While I drive sensibly and don't.

The Panto - very high centre of gravity. Great for Spinderellas. Otherwise, just a troll car. Someone knowing they died because you ran them over with a Panto - a lot more shaming than if you ran them over with a Liberator.

I just hate the mindset that a good driver can make any car win a race. I've seen guys brag that they can win Sports class races (vs. Massacros, Elegys and Jesters) with a Fusilade or Sultan because they're such GTA badasses. Possible? Sure, if you're playing against complete idiots. You might get lucky every once in a while. Consistently? No way.

I don't doubt that you can really race those things. It's not a bad car in a class where none of the cars are really especially good. I just hate the mindset of some players who think they're magical enough to make any piece of shit into gold.

And you're right, it would be a shaming car to kill someone with. Maybe I should get one and use it solely for Allah Akbaring.

I stick with my Blista Compact.  Hell, I use it a lot if I've got a car out in freemode.  It handles fairly well and is a small target for somebody trying to sticky bomb me.

I think I may have been run over with one of those damned Pantos at one time or another.  I know I've certainly blown up my share of em.

My lil toyota can hang with the adders.

Before or after you crash into everything on the map, twice?

Was that what you were driving when it took you 20 minutes to go up a hill to get to that mission? You just better be glad the LSPD didn't give you the brethalyzer that night, or you would've spent 48 hours in juvie.

Speaking of which, Robert, I went on for about an hour yesterday evening and ran into another dude with a dunce cap. I was gonna try to get hold of you to ask if it was OK to kill him, but I didn't have time, so I made him tap after a beautiful sniper shot to the back of his head after he had his back turned to me, completely unaware of my existence. I think it was 6-1 when he left, including me Alllah Akbaring his Zentorno (it's always Zentornos) twice.

Then some dude came up to me honking his horn. One of my favoite things to do when playing alone is to get in and see what happens. That's how I met Austrian Sensation Herby~! I think that's how I met occasional crew ally Lone Dead Wing. At worst he kills me and we start scrapping. At best, I get to see what happens. I always get a story out of it.This guy takes me to his garage and we get into his Sultan. OK, now what? We proceed to go to the pay and spray, where he proceds to start customizing his car. Forever. He looks at every paint job, every secondary paint job, etc.

We were in there for 15 minutes when 8 p.m. hit and I had promised myself I'd peel off at 8 to watch basketball. So I left and sent him a text that said "see ya," just to tell him no hard feelings, I had to go anyway. I'm still curious as to what would've happened afterward. I could tell he was a pacifist.

The first guy I ran into got Allah Akbared, then killled me whe he respawned right up my ass and got the draw on me. I was hunting him down to extract a little shotgun revenge when he quit. No fighting spirit.

The car that we kept rolling down the mountain in was somebody's personal Sandking. 

The Toyota stuff mainly comes from a seemingly endless running battle we had with the cops while melraz was driving one of those damn things.  By the time it finally gave up the ghost there wasn't much left that you'd recognize as a car.  It had 4 flat tires, everything that could come off had, and it had been squashed down to about the size of a quad bike.

It's odd that we're starting to see more people out on work release now.  Hope the Sisters aren't gonna get parole anytime soon.  Makes me wonder if they've started to ramp up the number of people they put in the hole.

• Like 2

That was a Sandking that wouldn't climb a damn mountain?

One of my favorite personal highlights was one night when there was at least four or five of us in a room and it was doing that constantly spawning armored cars deal. We were on that highway down below the horse racing track and all of us were in the thick of about 200 cop cars with huge wanted levels somehow still blowing up armored cars and picking up money.

I died and respawned away from the highway, and I look up and there are six cop choppers in the sky right on top of each other and just a herd of cop cars.

One thing that bugs me about the game is that except for the choppers popping up at three stars, there is no difference between police response and handling of the number of stars. If you get one star, you're gonna have tons of cops on you wanting to shoot you dead. Seems excessive.

• Like 1