DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I noticed the echo was back yesterday.

JT and I did a bunch of old Missions that it said i hadnt done, but it was stuff like Crystal Clear Out 2 and 3.

We also had the worst game of darts, not helped by his work calling like 5 times while we were playing.

• Like 1

Was gonna getta play today/tonight cause my off day was suppose to start at 10am but of course my arse got called to take a train outta town at 1:30 this am so now I'll be spendin my off day inna dalm motel again waitin to catch an empty train back home. May catch ya-n's next week on Tuesday.

• Like 2

Yeah, the game saying you haven't done things is a charming little bug (a bug in GTA 5 Online? Cannot be!).

The game says I haven't done the Legion Square survival when a pack of us finished it the first time we did it. It says I haven't done a few of the survivals when I know I've at least played them all. If I've finished the Industrial Plant one, I don't remember it, but I've played it.

My problem with the headsets on Tuesday is eventually Phil and J.T. start cutting out. I think XBox gets overwhelmed with the millions of people on chatting it up during primetime.

I'm getting kind of bored with the game, so I've been buying cars that might be a little bit of improvement over the ones I have now just to soup them up. I bought that Enus Huntley S SUV, then promptly painted it this ghastly pink and green. I started looking at it again, thought "what the hell was I thinking?" then painted it something tons more sensible. Don't wanna know what I spent on that first paint job just to say "dear God, that sucks" and redo it.

Edit: Just watched a little bit of an interview with the three guys who voiced the main characters in single-player. They based Trevor's looks off the guy who voiced him. It's hilarious. The other two kinda favor their characters, but Trevor's a dead ringer.

• Like 1

Ran into my first bunch of modders tonight - guys came up to me in a car, I tried to RPG them and wound up killing myself. Didn't think anything of it.

They then drove up to me again and stopped across the street from me. Four of them in a car. I RPG them twice, dead-on hits, car doesn't explode. I think "OK, invincible car, time to try to shoot the guys inside." So I try to get my rifle out and my arms go up in the "I surrender" pose and I can't draw a weapon. I can try to pull up a weapon on my weapon wheel, but my arms won't quit doing the "I surrender" pose.

They then drive right up to me and I'm waiting to see what happens next. Then suddenly, just a shit ton of money falls at my feet. I'm surrounded by the little money icons like the ones that show after you kill a guy and they drop money. So I panic and think "they're causing me to drop my money," and I exit online quickly and go back into single-player.

As I'm leaving, I hear a ton of the "picked up money" noises, one after the other. I go from single-player back into online to see how much money I lost, if I did. Turns out I was $78,000 richer - they were giving me money, not taking it away.

Still a strange experience.

The Simeon import/export cars were also buggy - I could take one to Simeon's garage, but the door to the garage wouldn't open. It would play the garage guy's voice like you drove in, but you didn't get paid. You could drive away from the garage and come back and it still wouldn't let you in and dude would say something different.

Meanwhile, if you gave up and drove off in the car, it's still on the map as the Simeon car.

Really, just stick with Lester and Martin. Ron and Trevor have some decent ones, but all of theirs send you all over the damned map.

Oh believe me - I am very aware of this fact.

I just was trying to knock out things I had never done during the Double RP. I was quickly reminded of what a dumb idea this was

SoulReaper IL, Phil, and Mark nearly kicked the shit out of me, Dan and Robert in a team deathmatch last week.  We had to fucking rally to win by one kill.

My homegirl knows how to handle herself when it comes to shotguns.  She had a 10-6 run.  I recruit good talent.

Not only did Mark and I have the worst game of darts ever, we probably had the worst dogfight ever.  We traded being one kill to nil for five minutes in our vehcile deathmatch because we'd kill the other guy and then crash our fighter jet and lose a point.  I am a pretty good helicopter pilot but I am shit when it comes to airplanes.

SoulReaper IL, Phil, and Mark nearly kicked the shit out of me, Dan and Robert in a team deathmatch last week.  We had to fucking rally to win by one kill.

My homegirl knows how to handle herself when it comes to shotguns.  She had a 10-6 run.  I recruit good talent.

Not only did Mark and I have the worst game of darts ever, we probably had the worst dogfight ever.  We traded being one kill to nil for five minutes in our vehcile deathmatch because we'd kill the other guy and then crash our fighter jet and lose a point.  I am a pretty good helicopter pilot but I am shit when it comes to airplanes.

She was good.  I finally gave up trying to shoot her, and just started using the grenade launcher. 

Made pretty good paydays between Thursday and Friday.  Should help towards funding my next freemode run, after the enormous hits my wallet took the first half of the week.

The Simeon import/export cars were also buggy - I could take one to Simeon's garage, but the door to the garage wouldn't open. It would play the garage guy's voice like you drove in, but you didn't get paid. You could drive away from the garage and come back and it still wouldn't let you in and dude would say something different.

Meanwhile, if you gave up and drove off in the car, it's still on the map as the Simeon car.

I had a problem with the pay and spray not letting a Simeon car a couple days ago.  No idea why.  Finally gave up and drove to another one, which worked fine.

Is Soulreaper Dr. Kinky Amy's friend? I thought Amy was a member of the crew but Soulreaper wasn't. Did you ply her over to the crew with your famous door-greetin' shorts, J.T.?

All I need is one more person to gleefully shoot me over and over again in a deathmatch. Maybe she can filet me, too, like everyone else does.

• Like 1

Is Soulreaper Dr. Kinky Amy's friend? I thought Amy was a member of the crew but Soulreaper wasn't. Did you ply her over to the crew with your famous door-greetin' shorts, J.T.?

Yeah, both Amy and SoulReaper are real life friends and are both DVDR crew members,, but mostly game with their real life friends in other crews. 

SoulReaper IL goes by the board name, VESPA121, in our Crew Hierarchy (Muscle) in Rockstar Social Club.

My door greetin' jean shorts should be placed in the Smithsonian.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm Johnny Nostalgia lately. I was trying to dig back in my post history and find a particular post (which I didn't find) and found this, which cracked me up. At the risk of coming off like a huge douche, I'll quote myself.

The first thing that made me laugh is that this is old enough that Melraz wasn't a board member and was referred to as "my buddy." I think he's more or less a legend roun' these here parts now.

The second thing that made me laugh was how incompetent we were back then, yet we already had the "screw this, let's do something crazy" mentality.

Lastly, I really want to try Death From Above with you guys again now that we're seasoned.

Jstout and I were on and off most of the day, and he helped me get through some missions (big thanks for helping me FINALLY beat Death From Above) and we did some random voting screen missions. Sorry for picking that new survival. I couldn't get backed out of it in time.

And before I forget, my buddy wanted me to apologize to you on his behalf. While you and I were completing Death From Above, he was trying to take a shortcut through the mountains and ended up dying in a fireball while tumbling down the hillside. When he respawned, he got run over on the highway. He figured you'd think he was actively trying to sabotage the thing.

There's too many people around the mansion, and then boom, here come the cops with helicopters. It paid well, but how we made it through it is a mystery to me.

Pure, sheer luck is how we made it - not because of any skill on my part. I noticed the first time that going around the right side of the mansion -  I managed to shoot the target, but died before I could get a picture of him. I've never even gotten close to him before. So I figured if I could just kill enough people and survive long enough to take the picture of him that it wouldn't matter if I then died. One of us would still be alive to go to Madrazzo's house. Either way, I finally completed it and I'll never do it again if I can help it.

I got some of the details wrong about my buddy. What actually happened is even more hilarious to me. The first time he died, it was because he flew over a ridge and didn't realize a cliff was on the other side. He was afraid the car would explode, so he jumped out and parachuted - only he was basically 4 inches off the ground when the chute opened. When he respawned, he was back on top of the mountain, so he thought - screw it - I'll just parachute down. What he didn't realize is that he no longer had a parachute. So he more or less just dove off a mountain to his death.

• Like 3

Mel's adventures remind me of the first time I rode in a helicopter with JT

So I get in and the game is throwing all these commands at me for the things I - in theory - can do.

I, of course, catch none of them and as soon as JT gets us airborne I hit the wrong button and jump out of the copter...

...without a parachute

• Like 3

I hopped on long enough to steal a gang car and rob an armored truck.  Rob ran afoul of a bunch of glitchers last night. 

More cheaters than usual these days.

I will be around for Tuesday Night Titans but I have to pull graveyard on Sat / Sun and on Sun / Mon.  I am very grumpy about this because I always tell my boss not to make me pull shit duty on my custody weekends and he goes and does it anyway.

I will hopefully make Tuesday titans (suppose to be off Monday and Tuesday) but it could be like this week and not get an off day. Need the cash though so better not complain to much. Wish I could just sticky bomb an armored truck once a week or kill a hooker in a car to make money. Oh the joys of being an adult suck.

Took time out to do a record breaking two missions in a row in Story Mode last night:  The Bureau Raid and The Wrap-Up.

Holy shit, but it felt good to put a bullet into ULP's head in The Wrap-Up.  Somewhere, Nico Bellic smiles.  My only regret is that Steve got to shoot Sanchez.  I wanted to kill that guy.

I auto-failed The Bureau Raid on my first try because fucking Packie died. 

I got the Silver medal on my second try.  70% Shooting Accuracy and 20 Headshots. 

I hate it when you get Shooting Accuracy / Headshot medal criteria in massive gun battles. Your enemies have fucking automatic weapons, but if you want to score headshots and have a high accuracy %, you're pretty much going to have to use a pistol, shotgun, or (if you have the distance) a sniper rifle..

I had an epiphany and used tear gas grenades to great effect during the gun battle with FiB in the atrium while Rickie hacked the server.

I hopped on long enough to steal a gang car and rob an armored truck.  Rob ran afoul of a bunch of glitchers last night. 

More cheaters than usual these days.

I will be around for Tuesday Night Titans but I have to pull graveyard on Sat / Sun and on Sun / Mon.  I am very grumpy about this because I always tell my boss not to make me pull shit duty on my custody weekends and he goes and does it anyway.

It had been a while since I'd seen god mode.  I caught one guy completely unaware while he was targeting cops, and put an entire magazine of combat MG ammo into him.  Didn't even faze him.  Then I watched another guy take hundreds of hits from the cops with no effect.  I think this is all somehow linked to the glitch that allowed UFOs.  I drove thru that intersection and noticed it was full of traffic cones.  I got the hell out of there.

Did manage to pick up a bunch of bounties in other servers.  I got on a ridiculous run of killing dots with sticky bombs.  I must've been doing something right, because one guy put a bounty on me after I'd got him 3 or 4 times in a row with stickys.  Also successfully took out my first tank with the old style suicide bomb - load up a car and go off the radar.  Then I sniped the guy on respawn till he left.

I did feel bad about one fight.  Somebody came right up to me just after another firefight ended, and I wound up killing the guy 4 times in succession.  A bounty spawned near me, so I took off and sticky bombed the bounty guy out of his Turismo.  I was wondering about the level on the guy I killed 4 times in a row.  Turned out he was a 7.  I stopped my car and was about to text an apology when he comes crashing into me.  I shotgunned him one more time before the server took a dump.

• Like 2

I love it when someone puts a bounty on you and it's $1,000 or $3,000. "Come on, you cheap ass, put your money where your mouth is!" I mean, if I'm gonna go through the trouble to put a bounty on someone, I'm gonna make it worth people's time to off the bastard.

No Titans for me (gotta work), but I'll check in after work to see what's happening on the night shift.

It had been a while since I'd seen god mode. 

That guy's gamer tag didn't happen to be PxP Drugz, did it?  I saw that guy in God Mode last night targeting cops. 

At first I thought he was just in passive mode until he started knifing LSPD, stole a car and got a bounty, and then shrugged off tank shells from some asshole in a Rhino trying to collect the price on his head.

I reported the guy.... and then he sent me a PM inviting me to his crew's car meet.

Messege deleted...

I love it when someone puts a bounty on you and it's $1,000 or $3,000. "Come on, you cheap ass, put your money where your mouth is!" I mean, if I'm gonna go through the trouble to put a bounty on someone, I'm gonna make it worth people's time to off the bastard.

No Titans for me (gotta work), but I'll check in after work to see what's happening on the night shift.

Yeah, he only put a thousand dollars on me.  Was about to text him and say I was worth a hell of a lot more when EVERYBODY started coming at me.

Other thing I forgot.  I changed apartments and was moving all of my cars around to have high end stuff in one, and low end in the other.  In freemode, with a bounty on me.  Yeah I know, OCD and stupidity are a dangerous combination.  I was driving my Adder to the high end garage when I saw a red dot right in front of it.  Ran the guy over and parked the car.  I drove another car out and took it back to the low end garage.  Repeated that again, and came out of the low end to find the guy tailing me.  Killed him again, and went on with my arranging.  Got him one more time later on.  By the end he's figured out what I'm doing.  When I park the last car at the high end garage, he's right on my ass.  Instead of parking and coming out again, I go into my apartment, come out the front door, and shotgun him in the back.  Then I drove off in his car.  Would've loved to be able to read that guy's thoughts.

Two guys in a Maverick got my bounty right after that - with the chopper blades - but I got them on my respawn when they stopped to pick up another guy and didn't get out of the way of my RPG in time.

• Like 1

It had been a while since I'd seen god mode. 

That guy's gamer tag didn't happen to be PxP Drugz, did it?  I saw that guy in God Mode last night targeting cops. 

At first I thought he was just in passive mode until he started knifing LSPD, stole a car and got a bounty, and then shrugged off tank shells from some asshole in a Rhino trying to collect the price on his head.

I reported the guy.... and then he sent me a PM inviting me to his crew's car meet.

Messege deleted...

I know the first guy (the one I reported) was a different name.  Started with an A, I think.  Never saw the second guy's gamer tag.  It was right after you left, and I was watching him through my sniper sights from a couple blocks away.  I took off after that.

There have been reports of all sorts of random objects popping up in town, as opposed to the UFOs in Legion Square. I saw the meteorite in Del Perro a few weeks back - that was unusual.

It's the same modding program as the one that put the UFOs in, just tweaked to get over Rockstar's work to defeat the original program. I think that's the same thing that got me the other night, but at least my modders were benign and gave me money to offset my confusion. Why would you mod the game just to shoot at NPCs?