DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Damn, then that triple pisses me off that I turned down her invite. If you PM her again anytime soon, tell her to look me up and if I'm not literallly in the middle of a misssion, I'm on it.

I think about any two of us could finish Boneyard at this point. Melraz says he can do it solo, but I'm not that good. Last time I played it, me and Kelvin and Andrew just ate its damn lunch, we just slayed it.

I could probably also do Processed with two people. The rest get trickier.  

Robert only managed to kill me once. I'm a hider. I didn't get killed a whole lot, but I didn't do a lot of killin' either. 

Then there's John's First Law of Deathmatchin': If I'm on a roof, I get shot down in five seconds. If someone from the other team is on a roof, he shoots me at least five times while I'm just running around minding my own business. "Hey, this looks like a good spot. ... DAMMIT!"

Boneyard is pretty easy to solo, as long as you play it really, really  conservatively.  The only real danger is guys flanking you to the outside.  As long as you prevent that, it's really hard for them go get you.  melraz and I did another one with just 2 of us - I think it was Railyard or something like that.  Those are the only 2 I've done with less than a full crew.

I normally don't mind people getting killed a lot on my team, because it still happens to me with alarming regularity.  There's an exception to every rule though.  I did a 15 minute no limit match yesterday with randoms in the cemetery.  I got on one good streak and ended up about 25 to 10, and several other teammates had really good kill totals, but we got beat by about 25 kills.  I was pretty puzzled by that till I looked at out bottom two guys at the end.  One was 9 kills / 32 deaths.  The other was 9/36.  I can't imagine getting my head kicked in that badly without going to hide in a corner and lick my wounds.

The other thing is that you had a bunch of witless idiots on your team, especially for the Getaway match. 

You need to send me some invites to matches where we are up against witless idiots on the other team.  I could use the kills.

I normally don't mind people getting killed a lot on my team, because it still happens to me with alarming regularity.

I have my share of matches when I am a total assassin and others where I am bullet fodder, but for the most part I give as good as I get. After two or three deaths in a row, I would definitely just find a defensible position instead of just running around waiting to get shot.

(next deathmatch is Robert and J.T. on a team against me)

Some people are the total opposite of conservative when playing a deathmatch. It's rush, rush, rush and no hide, hide, hide. I tend to think (don't know if it's a good idea) of a deathmatch as a condensed version of Freemode, where I'd rather take cover and keep it instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off askin' to be shot.

I've been trying to push forward more, but I always lag way behind my teammates.

Boy - were we rusty

At one point I was all "I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW TO TAKE COVER IN THIS FUCKING GAME!"

Finally - after 5 fucking years - got to game with CSC... now I just need to figure out why it sounds like Chris likes to play while sitting in the bathroom

I was gaming with Herby just a few minutes ago when he got thrown off and was made to download the update, so it's rolling out now. He had version 1.12, I had 1.11, so that was the end of our gaming session. He didn't get to play around much with it at all, but here's two features he reported:

* You can pay Lester $5,000 to keep the cops off your back for 3 minutes. 

* If you push both of the joystick buttons in while you're in your garage, you see a map of the outside, not just of the garage, so you can see if someone's right outside your door.

That second feature is handy.

Edit: People are reporting that's pretty much it. 

We closed the night with an eeee-pic (TM Herby) armored car glitch - thought those had gone away. They just kept spawning and spawning. Made about $120,000 off armored cars. It wasn't quite as crazy as the night me and Mel and Robert and Mis had the poor cops tearing their hair out while we kept getting armored cars. Herby was like "wait, I must lose my wanted level," and I'm like "dude, what are you, some kinda pansy? You'll lose your wanted level when you die, soldier. You're in the DVDR, we get up in the afternoon with wanted levels."

Boy - were we rusty.

You ain't lyin'.  Those two deathmatches definitely represented the best and worst of my gameplay. 

You guys seemed to find the better weapons in a hurry in the second match and by the time I got a sniper rifle and found a good spot to set up shop, all of the fighting was on the other side of the map.....  no targets to be found until DevilSaint took cover near my position and had no idea I was right above him....

....and then Dolfan shotgunned me at close range while I was zeroing in on DevilSaint's head. Game over...

I can take comfort in knowing that I still know how to handle a dirt bike.

I was gaming with Herby just a few minutes ago when he got thrown off and was made to download the update, so it's rolling out now. He had version 1.12, I had 1.11, so that was the end of our gaming session. He didn't get to play around much with it at all, but here's two features he reported:

* You can pay Lester $5,000 to keep the cops off your back for 3 minutes.

* If you push both of the joystick buttons in while you're in your garage, you see a map of the outside, not just of the garage, so you can see if someone's right outside your door.

That second feature is handy.

Edit: People are reporting that's pretty much it.

I haven't seen any news yet on the 1.12 patch.  Herby might be in a test pool. 

Five grand for three minutes of delayed pursuit?  That's an eternity in GTA time and could be game breaking, but it is a good money sink.  I would think that the trade off would be getting reduced RP for surviving the Wanted Level.

If they don't fix the garage & apartment related live weapons glitches with 1.12, I will be annoyed.

Im still amazed robert had a k/d ratio of 10.0 in the first deathmatch.

I think my best ever was 3.0.

My best K/D ratio in a deathmatch around 10 or so.  Some maps I do well on and some I don't.  My deathmatch play is remarkably inconsistant.

I dont know how i did so well in the first dm, since my auto targeting never did work right.

One thing i guess i did learn - when you buy a soda during a dewthmatch, it holsters your gun. I was so expecting to get sniped while i was dsrinking my soda.

I dont know how i did so well in the first dm, since my auto targeting never did work right.

Well, for one thing, we stuck together and were able to cover each other.  Most of my kills in the first match came from guys shooting at Robert.

Rippa, Dolfan, and DevilSaint used our tactics from the first match.  They were never too far away from each other in the second deathmatch and split the map in half on us.  Rippa nailed me three times while I was moving in on Dolfan.  I had to get better cover because they found SMG's and shotguns almost immediately and armor wasn't a factor because they had the high ground and were scoring headshots at will.

You and Robert were making a comeback when you had the high ground and had them pinned into that bottlenecked alleyway, but I wasn't able to contribute because I had no shots from my position. 

By the time I had a target, Dolfan found my sniper's nest.

I got the Gold Medal for Killstreaks in the first match, but I wish I had been able to convert some sniper shots in the second match or at least get a revenge kill before getting smoked.

I captured a $2000 bounty this morning before going to work.  I countersniped a Rank 100 guy sniping from one of the cranes in that construction site near Simeon's dealership.

I only need to collect four more and I get the Platinum medal and the tattoo.

• Like 1

I will say this - I don't think team balancing is an option anymore

I mean it's not there anymore and it clearly didn't default because there was no way Robert, JT and Mark should have ended up on the same team

Robert - 120ish

Mark - 99

JT - 98

Dolfan - 86ish

Me - 64

CSC - 26

So at least based on rank - it put the three highest together. The only other thing I can think of is that it does it based on K/D ratio

But yeah - they also need to change the "the teams always stay the same through the entire session"

It may have something to do with odds and your win / loss record as well as K/D. 

I have an overall K/D of 1.42, but I have a lot of second and third place finishes in deathmatches.

I agree that the team build mechanics needs to change.  There's no reason for the teams remaining static the entire session.

Moongirl messaged me today and told me she unlocked the Survival achievement a couple of weeks ago.  Hopefully she and Fresh will start playing again if heists ever becomes reality.

Boy - were we rusty

At one point I was all "I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW TO TAKE COVER IN THIS FUCKING GAME!"

Finally - after 5 fucking years - got to game with CSC... now I just need to figure out why it sounds like Chris likes to play while sitting in the bathroom

Like I said, that was the first time I've busted out my Kinect since I moved into this apartment over a year ago, so who knows.  I realized at first I had it right in front of my tv speakers, so that probably had something to do with the muffled sound.  I'll have to mount it back up on top of the tv before I try using it again.

I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but those were literally the first deathmatches I've played so maybe my lack of a K/D radio fucked up some sort of in-game team making equation.

I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but those were literally the first deathmatches I've played so maybe my lack of a K/D radio fucked up some sort of in-game team making equation.

Doesn't really matter.  Fun was had by all, there was a little smack talking, and open ridicule of Odessa's driving and lack of appreciation for the bullet stopping power of concrete barriers. 

Good times!

• Like 1

Doesn't really matter.  Fun was had by all, there was a little smack talking, and open ridicule of Odessa's driving and lack of appreciation for the bullet stopping power of concrete barriers. 

Good times!

For sure. 

I'd kind of soured on playing online, mostly because of the random idiots who try to ruin everything, but actually having a group of like minded people to enjoy the game with is pretty cool. 

I very politely did not point out rippa's driving on that mission, which was quite comical. :)

I was hamstrung on thr second DM since my goal was use on pistol. Once i used the combat pistol and failed, it freed me up to use the rifle and wticky bombs i haad collected.

Robert nearly decapitated me with his dune buggy during the second off-road race.  His car was spinning in mid-air just as I made my move.

The sedan race on the docks was bogus. I got PITed by everybody on purpose and by accident.

Thank God that the ammo bug did not show up during the forced weapon deathmatches.  I had over 300 rounds of Heavy Sniper ammo.

Herby was not bullshitting.  Looks like this is the change log for 1.12 and it looks like it is going live today:

Top Changes

• A new Lester ability has been added. Players will now be able to call Lester to have him tell his Cop buddies to turn a blind eye to any crime you may or may not be committing for a short period of time.
  • Players are now awarded more cash when completing Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS jobs with less than 4 players.
  • Every time a player likes or dislikes content they will receive 50 RP.
  • Fixed an issue where players who had upgraded Personal Vehicles prior to 1.10 were only able to sell them for $10,000.
  • Fixed an issue where players lost the Gusenberg Sweeper despite having purchased it during the Valentine’s Event.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to use the Creator in a Free Roam session and spawn in objects or vehicles.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to use weapons within their apartment and garage to kill other players.
  • Vote screens now progress when a Job has received a majority vote.
  • Fixed an issue where players could be unable to reclaim their Personal Vehicles from the impound lot after being destroyed.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to receive hangs and long load times after completing several activities.
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to render themselves and the car they were driving invisible to grief other players.

All Changes

• "Sudden Death" (next point wins) and "All Points" (all packages need to be collected) options have been added to Capture Jobs to prevent matches ending in draws.
  • Players can now view the Map in Deathmatch, Survival, LTS, and Capture lobbies. This also displays the weapon / health pickup locations that exist within each individual Job.
  • Clarified "Rank" in the Job description, which now reads as "Opens at Rank".
  • Fixed an issue where losing players in Capture Jobs were not awarded Cash.
  • Fixed an issue where if the player chose to skip the tutorial, there was sometimes a delay before the clothes shops opened.
  • Fixed an issue where players would occasionally appear to one another in the Elevator if they transitioned into an Apartment at the same time.
  • Fixed multiple exploits where players could duplicate vehicles.
  • Fixed an issue where vehicles could appear in multiple garage instances causing collision issues and explosions.
  • Players will now be removed from their vehicles if they choose to replace it via the Internet whilst they are in their garage. This will fix an issue where vehicles could be ordered but never arrive.
  • Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be given the incorrect amount of RP for beating Race World Records.
  • Fixed an issue where the Buzzard Gunner overlay would occasionally appear on Next Job Voting Screens.
  • Fixed multiple exploits where players were able to move a variety of non-allowed vehicles into Online.
  • If a Job has a Cash or RP multiplier attached to it (this occurs on event weekends), this will show up on the Next Job Voting Screen.
  • Fixed an issue where a player in a Race would occasionally get ticker feed messages saying they had overtaken another player when they had not.
  • Fixed an issue where Quick Join would occasionally not work properly when attempting to join a Contact Mission.
  • Fixed a grammatical issue with the Sanchez motorbikes on the vehicle selection screen.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to have their Strength stat reset.
  • Fixed an issue where Armoured Trucks could continually spawn.
  • Fixed an exploit where the player can gain RP for dying with a wanted level while in the army base / prison while on Missions.
  • Fixed an issue where purchasing ammo for a dropped weapon could occasionally allow it to be saved to the player’s character.
  • Fixed an exploit where players could duplicate their Personal Vehicles by blocking the entrance to their garage.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to get stuck after using Quick Save whilst in the impound lot.
  • Fixed an issue where cash was occasionally being paid out incorrectly after Races.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to receive the incorrect RP after completing a Contact Mission.
  • Fixed an issue where if a player drank Whisky in their apartment until they passed out, this could cause a clone to appear who would then attack them.
  • A new feed has been added for during transitions into and out of GTA Online sessions and Jobs. These show how many Jobs a player has played of each type, as well as how many Missions from each Contact the player has played out of those available to them at their Rank.
  • Fixed an issue where incorrect error messages could show when attempting to join a GTA Online session.
  • Fixed an issue where non-player characters could spawn into player apartments.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to steal one another’s vehicles.
  • Fixed an issue with the Grotti logo used in vehicle descriptions in garages.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to become stuck after the tutorial Mission cutscene completing.
  • Fixed an issue where players could lose vehicles by having them delivered to a garage without actually owning a garage.
  • Fixed an issue where personal vehicles had to be claimed on Insurance despite not being destroyed.
  • Fixed an issue where the dialogue box for Mors Mutual Insurance would only show up very briefly.
  • Fixed an issue where the cost of reclaiming the Rat Loader could change depending on how many vehicles there were in the reclaim list.
  • Fixed an issue where a player could occasionally crash when entering a Job corona.
  • Fixed an issue where Rockstar Verified Jobs could display incorrect information on the Social Club website.
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to Save or Publish created content if the Microsoft Points symbol was used in the description.
  • Fixed an issue where players could change positions very quickly when passing through Checkpoints in Races.
  • Fixed an issue where the ticker feed would show that a player has moved into first place in Races when they were already in first place.
  • Team Balancing will be on permanently and by default for all Capture Jobs.
  • Fixed an issue where a player could become stuck viewing an Apartment when trying to buzz a remote player into their garage.
  • Fixed an issue where the Next Job Voting Screen became corrupted and was missing descriptive text.
  • Fixed an issue where Personal Vehicles could lose Insurance if their garage slot was changed.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to become stuck on a black screen after signing out of a PSN Profile whilst in the Creator.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to time out when accepting an invite to a friend’s Online session whilst in the Creator.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to use the phone when testing jobs in the Creator.
  • Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain Awards and RP after blowing up vehicles in the test mode of the Creator.
  • Fixed an issue where players could occasionally not respawn correctly if they were killed in a boat.
  • Fixed an issue where the player character model could show in the Creator in the top-down sky view.
  • Fixed an exploit where players had the ability to reclaim an uninsured Personal Vehicle via Mors Mutual Insurance.
  • Fixed an issue where vehicles could spawn in random locations under bridges if initially placed on bridges.
  • Fixed an issue where the Character Creator would not be able to create new Characters after being turned off when deleting a character.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to disable Bounties placed on them.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to lose all player control after speed-scrolling through menus.
  • Fixed an issue where it was occasionally possible for enemies to spawn inside locked buildings during gang attacks.
  • Fixed an issue where players could be unable to make any phone calls during Contact Missions.
  • Fixed an issue where button prompts could occasionally show up during the Online intro cutscene from non-related events.
  • Fixed an issue where the Whisky bottle in an Apartment could become invisible to other players after drinking from it.
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on a black screen / permanent loading screen when joining GTA Online with a fresh character after installing the Business Pack.
  • Fixed an issue where players could load back into Online with invisible arms and feet and an entirely new outfit after updating the game.
  • Fixed an issue where signing out of the Creator could hang the game.
  • Fixed an issue where activity prompts such as drinking wine could show to players invited to Apartments but these prompts could not be followed.
  • Fixed an issue where the player would no longer receive contact missions from Trevor after the player joined a Job and then returned to Online.
  • Fixed an issue where players were receiving too much RP after Races.
  • Fixed an issue in Rally Races where it was occasionally possible for players to receive ticker feed messages and RP rewards for overtaking when no overtaking had occurred.
  • Fixed an issue where players could be taken to the wrong session or job after the Next Job Voting Screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the quick restart option on the Test option for the Creator would just take the player back to the Creator, rather than restarting the Test Job.
  • Fixed an issue where players could receive messages that they had not yet unlocked some Missions despite them being available in the Start menu.
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect screen could show after completing a job created in the Creator.
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect Job type could show up in the phone invite and ticker message when received.

Lots of good fixes this time around.

Happy to see the live weapons in garages / apartments glitch fixed but the days of multiple Armored Cars in one session seem to be done. 

Team Balancing on by defaul in Capture is a decent idea, but I think that crew affiliation / friend affiliation should be priority when setting up teams if there are randoms pubs in the mix.

I've only played in a few Capture matches, but they've never ended in draws even when teams have had the same number of packagets.  I always thought that the crew with the highest K/D won even if both teams were tied?

The whisky drinking / attacked by clone bug sounds awesome!  Too bad it is fixed.

That first DM we did was on a map I almost always do well on so that helped.  Plus I managed to headshot just about everybody I shot, so they went down quickly. 

I was a menace on that offroad race, just due to pure incompetence.  The strategy was basically to avoid me till you could find a safe place to pass, then just trust your luck.  JT got by me first, and then I managed to singlehandedly block everybody else for about 5 seconds by spinning out on a tight corner.

I got a boatload of headshots from being forced to use crappy weapons in close quarters last night, and ended up unlocking the skull tat.  My character is now even uglier than before.  And I managed my first Mary Lou kill last night.  So I've now Mary Lou-ed one person, and in return have had it done to me about 500 times.

Also got screwed in a DM last night where we had more kills than the other team but still lost.  We were tied with about 3 seconds left, when I spotted an enemy and shot him.  He died almost exactly as time expired, and I got credit for the kill.  Match ended up at 29 kills for us, 28 for them, but they got the win.  Only thing I can think of is that I managed to commit suicide earlier in the match by shooting a propane tank while standing to close.  Maybe that had something to do with it.

I got a boatload of headshots from being forced to use crappy weapons in close quarters last night, and ended up unlocking the skull tat.

I got a miracle headshot on Rippa during the first DM.  He repaid me in triplicate the second time around.

I think I am two headshots away from the Gold medal.  No idea how many I have to get for the skull tat and the Platinum medal.

Getting past you in that race was just good timing, the downward slope of the ramp, and my own acceleration.  If you had spun out on an incline, I wouldn't have had the speed to get past you. 

Truth be told, I almost mantled the curb and would've ended up in the ocean if I hadn't broke hard and fishtailed myself back onto the path.

Looking at that list, I'm happiest that they fixed the invisibility cloak deal.  I did a Lodge DM where one of the opponents was doing that.  All you could see was his head, neck and arms.  It was a pain in the ass, but it didn't make the poor guy immune to buckshot.  Auto-target is my friend.

Skull tat is 500 headshots.  I'm pretty much only doing DMs any time I'm not playing with crew, so I'm closing in on a lot of combat/weapons unlocks.  I'm pretty close to LSPD tint on the AP pistol and assault shotgun.  I'm also going to be pedantic and put LSPD tint on my special carbine only after I get 600 kills with that.  I'm really close to that one.

You need to invite me to these deathmatches with the no-skill having bullet monkeys you normally play with, Rob. 

I need low hanging fruit to help boost my kill count.  I never get random invites to DM's when I am in free mode and no one ever seems to show up in the DM lobbies that I host.  I just find random firefights in the city and shoot people like everyone else does.