DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

We'd do better so long as we dug in.  I think we wandered around too much when we should've been holding positions..

As much as I want to try Pier Survival, I have already scratched the "survive ten waves" and "be the best killer" itches in two matches at Boneyard, so there is no real impetus for me to ever do survival missions ever again anyplace else.

And yep, I have decided that my next major purchase will be a cargobob.

For me its just that compulsive I DONT HAVE A GREEN CHECK MARK!!! I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!

For me it is worse because I have the compulsive I NEED TO PARTICPATE IN MORE (INSERT JOB) FOR A PLATINUM MEDAL! 

Doing LS FORUM nine times a night got infuriating because I was not working towards my Participate in 25 Different Races medal and I wasn't winning so that my Win 50 Races Overall progress stagnated as well as my Win GTA Races progress. 

That's why Odessa and I initially created JOBBER THURSDAYS~! but we haven't held to the practice now that more guys are on at night.

Now it's deathmatches.  I have done 12 different maps and need to do 13 more matches on different maps in order to get the War Pig medal, but I burn out quickly on deathmatches.  I need a mission or a race in between to break things up.

We'd do better so long as we dug in.  I think we wandered around too much when we should've been holding positions..

As much as I want to try Pier Survival, I have already scratched the "survive ten waves" and "be the best killer" itches in two matches at Boneyard, so there is no real impetus for me to ever do survival missions ever again anyplace else.

And yep, I have decided that my next major purchase will be a cargobob.

I'm pretty sure those can't be legit bought in the game. There was a hack that allowed people to buy them that was patched in 1.10 or 1.11, but a similar hack may have surfaced.

For me its just that compulsive I DONT HAVE A GREEN CHECK MARK!!! I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!

That was the reason for my soloing missions bender the other night, just trying to do missions I hadn't done before. One didn't give me the green check even after I know I finished, doggone it, so I'm counting it anyway.

And I'm glad I give not one wet crap about keeping up with the awards - that way when one pops up (I unlocked a new gun tint the other night), it's a pleasant surprise.

Pier survival's only hard because you have no good cover from the choppers and you concentrate on the choppers and someone's gonna shoot you. It's good if one guy can go after the choppers and the others watch his back. I think Dolfan, Andrew and I could've finished it last night had I ate some candy at a critical juncture instead of saying "OK, I'll kill these two guys, then eat some candy."

That reeks.  I can buy a tank or an attack chopper, but no Cargobobs!  BOO~!

That leaves completing Docks to Stock by haunting the usual helicopter spawns and praying that a Cargobob shows up.  I tend to find them randomly at Sandy Shores or McKenzie Field.  It is rare that I find them in the city and if I do, it is at the hospital or the airport.  A good thing that GTA Online does not enforce vehicle placement like Story Mode does.

I have only seen Buzzards, Froggers, Mavericks, and Annihilators spawn at Higgins Helitours.  I try not to depend on the vehicle spawns at Higgins because high level guys love to camp the marina and fire RPG rounds across the inlet at players in helicopters as they take off.

The highlight of the night was "hey, sure, I know I'll suck at it, but what the hell, I'll do this plane race Dolfan invited me to," only to discover it was The Plane Race from South Hell. Great bit of dialogue:

Dolfan's friend Andrew: "I just can't believe I'm in second place."

Me: (CRASH!) (CRASH!) (CRASH!) "I can." (CRASH!) (CRASH!)

Another great piece of dialogue:

Dolfan: "Are you still on the first lap?"

Me: "THIS RACE HAS LAPS?"

You sounded so sad.  And then when I said the laps thing, you got furious.  That was fantastic.   This all said, that air race was hard as fuck. 

How are you at Ace flying level?  

I was hoping for a deathmatch-free session last night, but doing the golf course ia okay.

It seemed to go better in the whole than previous times. There did not seem to be any spawning issues with weapons.

Well part of the reason I suggested yours was because

A.) I knew JT wanted to try and get another win

B.) We would be able to then give your map likes so you would get the credit

C.) Andrew had never done it before

I was happy that you eliminated a lot of the random vehicles around and the minigun.

I will say in terms of spawns - it seemed like this time it was keeping everyone on the actual golf course. I think I spawned around the clubhouse like twice and when I did, there was no one to be found.

I was hoping for a deathmatch-free session last night, but doing the golf course ia okay.

It seemed to go better in the whole than previous times. There did not seem to be any spawning issues with weapons.

Map seemed very balanced this time around.  My playtest experience had a lot to do with my decent showing.

Damn, wish I could've got on last night, instead of being up till 3:30 debugging something for work. 

I really hate the plane races, mainly because I'm so terrible at them.  So far, the only thing I've accomplished was managing to do an airborne pit maneuver on Dan twice in the same race, and even that was accidental.

Well part of the reason I suggested yours was because

A.) I knew JT wanted to try and get another win

B.) We would be able to then give your map likes so you would get the credit

C.) Andrew had never done it before

I was happy that you eliminated a lot of the random vehicles around and the minigun.

I will say in terms of spawns - it seemed like this time it was keeping everyone on the actual golf course. I think I spawned around the clubhouse like twice and when I did, there was no one to be found.

Our deathmatches are hotly contested now, so I will probably have to get Odessa to take the Fingerpoke of Doom in a deathmatch with the five minute time limit so I can at least get the Bronze medal and give him the murder back when we are in Freemode..  I am a beast in a deathmatch, but I am too concerned about my overall K/D Ratio (1.44!) to put myself out there and win consistantly.

I am one win away from Silver in Team Deathmatches, one win away from my Target Grid bronze medal (we never go to the shooting range anymore), and one win away from my Tennis silver medal.

I miss Jobber Thursdays and the traditional ending of sessions with a sporting event like darts, golf, or tennis.

Yeah - I liked how you subtly tried to throw out the golf suggestion last night

Of course - you waited till like 9:15 to do it and I just wanted to get my level and GTFO

Stupid long ass golf

Yeah - I liked how you subtly tried to throw out the golf suggestion last night

Of course - you waited till like 9:15 to do it and I just wanted to get my level and GTFO

Stupid long ass golf

Thoughts of golf or tennis have to come before 8:30 EST.

Anything less than a full half-round of nine holes is not worth it and it would take less time if Odessa and I did not use the entire clock. 

Watching a guy address the ball for two minutes is the worst; moreso if he makes a great shot.

The highlight of the night was "hey, sure, I know I'll suck at it, but what the hell, I'll do this plane race Dolfan invited me to," only to discover it was The Plane Race from South Hell. Great bit of dialogue:

Dolfan's friend Andrew: "I just can't believe I'm in second place."

Me: (CRASH!) (CRASH!) (CRASH!) "I can." (CRASH!) (CRASH!)

Another great piece of dialogue:

Dolfan: "Are you still on the first lap?"

Me: "THIS RACE HAS LAPS?"

You sounded so sad.  And then when I said the laps thing, you got furious.  That was fantastic.   This all said, that air race was hard as fuck. 

How are you at Ace flying level?  

The flying levels are strictly a measure of time spent behind the wheel. I fly helicopters around quite a bit in Freemode - I'll use them to escape the cops if I have a 2-star or below wanted level, I'll fly to crates or Simeon import-export vehicles, I'll fly from Sandy Shores back to town, then call my car, simply because I'm too lazy to drive all that way.  

I'm getting to be a better helicopter pilot - the flying level helps a lot - but the only thing I can do with a plane (generally) is take off, get airborne, fly wherever as long as it's super simple and parachute out. I can't land one, I can't do anything precision with them like blow up certain targets in missions, etc. And as you saw, I can't do air races with them when the name of the freakin' race is Circus Stunts Flying or whatever it was. I get upside-down too easy and when I try to correct myself, BOOM! I hit the ground with a vengenance. 

I knew I was gonna suck at it and DNF, I don't care, don't need the money or the RP, just like playin' with other people, but damn, that one was a beast even for a plane race. I keep thinking even if I suck at the plane races, they might make me better at flying planes.

I think that's the old one they fixed. There might be a new one that's pretty much the same deal with a different combination of keystrokes. I saw a video for it on YouTube. I bought one simply because I had $26 billion and I could.

But the shitty thing about it is the missions you need a cargobob outta zancudo if you call yours in it don't recognize it. You still hafta break in and get one.

I didn't know that when I did it recently, so I called my cargobob. Fun fact: I took the cargobob into Fort Zancudo and didn't pick up the four-star warning level until I landed and got out of the cargobob. Then they got pissed quick. Usually it starts when you enter their airspace. Makes me wonder if they assume you're family because you're flying a military helicopter. Dunno if that sticks in Freemode, but if so, you might be able to rip off a tank that way.

Fort Zancudo's a waste for me in Freemode because the only thing really worth stealing is a jet, and I can't fly those well enough to make anyone's life miserable. How many times have y'all been killed on the ground (not in a car) by someone flying a jet? It's a precision maneuver, and 7/8ths of the guys flying the jet are lucky to keep it airborne. That's why if I hear a jet going by, it's not a huge concern even if they are bombing the area. If they do hit me, it's a total fluke.

Yeah I have two kills and zero deaths via guided rockets from a fighter jet.  I don't really fear Lazers in Freemode.

I do not think that anyone at Rockstar realizes that fighter jets are designed to take out other planes, not ground targets.

That's why we have attack choppers and gunships.

How to solo the chemical plant mission:

• Snipe the guards at the gate
  • Snipe the rest of the guards you can see from outside the plant
  • Roll through the plant taking out the rest. Don't forget the two in the courtyard between the buildings.
  • Start to hack the terminal.
  • Immediately back out of the hack.
  • Go kill all the guards that will spawn after you have started to hack.
  • Hack the terminal
  • Get in the van
  • Immediately get out of the van.
  • Bunker down in the garage, killing the vehicles and men, and then take out the chopper when it finally gets there.
  • Drive off.

How to manage the atrium Survival:

1. Get behind the glass columns on the north side of the middle building. You will have cover from all sides, and a roof over your head to keep choppers at bay.
  2. Kill shit.
  3. There is no number three.

Yeah I have two kills and zero deaths via guided rockets from a fighter jet.  I don't really fear Lazers in Freemode.

I do not think that anyone at Rockstar realizes that fighter jets are designed to take out other planes, not ground targets.

I got taken out by a fighter jet downtown in my Turismo R.  That's the first time it's ever happened to me.  I knew the jet was there, but I figured it was no threat as usual.  Then I blow up, and I'm thinking Holy Shit, that asshole actually got me!  Later on, the game gave me credit for sniping him out of the jet, even though I only did a little damage and the guy actually crashed it on his own.

I generally to shoot within 30 seconds, cuz when i rush, i tend rto miss hitting the 100% mark on the level.

I need to start doing darts again too.

Shit, I could stand to win a round of darts myself.

I got taken out by a fighter jet downtown in my Turismo R.  That's the first time it's ever happened to me.  I knew the jet was there, but I figured it was no threat as usual.  Then I blow up, and I'm thinking Holy Shit, that asshole actually got me!  Later on, the game gave me credit for sniping him out of the jet, even though I only did a little damage and the guy actually crashed it on his own.

Means you either killed him with your snipe or your snipe was the last straw for the plane, and the pilot didn't have the time (or the sense) to bail out.

• Like 1

I have been on the ground when rockets from a Lazer blew up some cars in traffic.  That is some scary shit.

Means you either killed him with your snipe or your snipe was the last straw for the plane, and the pilot didn't have the time (or the sense) to bail out.

What he said. 

Some asshole in a Buzzard blew up my fucking Elegy once and I responded with the RPG I had been saving from a Survival match.  I thought I was going to miss, but the RPG round hit and blew off the tail rotor sending the Buzzard into a flat spin. 

The guy almost made a successful emergency landing, but the Buzzard landed on its side and exploded a few blocks away from me in Vespucci Beach.. 

I got the credit for the kill.  So far, it is my only recorded murder via RPG.

I generally to shoot within 30 seconds, cuz when i rush, i tend rto miss hitting the 100% mark on the level.

I need to start doing darts again too.

Shit, I could stand to win a round of darts myself.

Reserve a date for Jobber Thursday.