DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

God, that Level 360 guy was so damn bad. He was just doing the stupidest crap over and over again. I do a lot of stupid crap, but he was the king of the bad decision, and that's not the best way to be if you're going against a passel of people. He got all butthurt over losing his bounty and decided to get pissy before he figured out that he was the only guy in the room who wasn't in the same crew. Gotta do your homework, pal. "Target acquired."

The thing about Freemode is that you don't have to look for trouble, it finds you really quickly.

I join a game with crew members last night and immediately see Jones is sparring with someone and they're trading kills. OK, that's now first on the agenda. Does he need my help? Did he start it? Did the other guy? Doesn't matter. I'm going over there and at least distracting/worrying the other guy. That's my job, that's what I do. 

Go outside, steal a car, get over there, shoot the guy a few times, Jones leaves. Then some other guy gets in my business and then starts blowing up the guy Jones was fighting with. I say "screw this," leave, and let them two have it out, 'cause my crew guy's gone and I've got no interest in fighting with these two clowns anymore.

I've gone after players who've pissed me off saying stupid crap on the general chat. And even then I don't fire the first shot. All you gotta do is pass them in a car and stop. They'll come to you and start firing.

Tuesday was awesome because I got to play with the non-Freemode faction and had a blast, then when that was breaking up, here came the night crew. It's two sides to the coin. I would say that the non-Freemode bunch should at least try it once or twice. At one point when we were playing Tuesday evening, we had seven crew guys in a room with five other people. I was like "damn, we could bust in here and wreak some serious havoc." 7 on 2? That'd be hilarious. Not so much for the 2, but screw them.

I've never recalled having any history with anyone I've ever fought with - I can't recall a single person I've scrapped with in Freemode before to be able to say "oh yeah, I know them" if I saw them again in another room days later. No one recalls crews from one game to the next. They'll remember if they got in a fight with four guys from the same crew but they couldn't tell you anything else about the crew, even the initials, at gunpoint. Can anyone think of any crew that has a reputation? Nah, because no one has a real idea who the crews are from one moment to the next.

Edit: You know you play entirely too much of this game when 

You mark harder than you have in months when Strongbad pops up as Madrazo in that video above. Just perfect.

• Like 1

Well, damn. 

I varied from COMPLETE SUCK to somewhat okay tonight in deathmatches against crew (not sure what the hell was wrong with me tonight), but when Amy and Soul Caliber message me that they are being griefed by rooftop snipers at LSC Downtown in another session, I rushed to the scene, set up shop, and scored three headshots in maybe two or three minutes firing on LSC from the roof of the Didler Sachs Shopping Complex and recoverd some of my beloved K/D Ratio lost by my earlier shitty gameplay. 

The guy who blew himself up trying to escape in the car bomb I drove to the rescue rage quit. Then we all hid in the metro tunnels near the mall and Amy and Soul Caliber ambushed the griefers when they came down to investigate our whereabouts. 

Good times.  Made the sting of earlier defeat in good natured competition not feel so bad.

I suppose my aim is a little truer and my mean streak is a tad wider in defense of kith and kin. 

It's a cool little adrenaline rush to get in a car, set a waypoint for whoever's in a fight and say "OK, what's it gonna be tonight, hammer or nail? Let's find out." Sometimes things don't work out your way, but there's always the next guy.

I've got my kid this weekend, so playtime will be sporadic.  If I am gaming, it will probably be ME3 thanks to all of the colorful language found in this wonderful game.  I'll probably dedicate Sunday afternoon to death dealin' and car stealin'.

My girlfriend has knee surgery scheduled for March 28th, so I'm taking the following week off to look after her. 

I will be taking the 360 with me to Maryland, but I'm not sure how often I'll be gaming.  Gotta make sure my woman is squared away

That Paintball Deathmatch, it's just Vespucci Shoreline with added crap all over the beach to mess up your sightlines. But I still put a like on it, because of the audacity with which I stole the victory, and because at one point Luke the Duke had the honour and priviledge of becoming the 600th victim of my AP Pistol. So that's 4 LSPD Tints I've got now*. Next, Heavy Sniper (will be tricky because usually in a Team DM or a Freemode Battle I'm with Cris and Havoc who are both Snipe first guys - so my potential victims fall down dead just as I'm zeroing in on them.

Air Thrusting celebrations in Team Deathmatches are the best, because the kill leader is doing this ludicrously exhuberant celebration while all of her teammates stand around looking confused. Before the lads got on last night, I was in a few team DMs with this Indian Guy who kept singing Gangnam Style at my avatar. Just the "Hey, Sexy Lady" bit, over and over again. She's dressed like that (Purple Top Hat, Aqua Bikini Top, Purple Miniskirt (Level 90 unlock), Aquamarine heels) to show off the tattoos, not because she's trying to be sexy.

* That I've earned. Obviously anyone can just have bought LSPD Tints on the SNS Pistol, Gusenberg Sweeper, Special Carbine and Heavy Pistol without getting any kills with them.

Yeah, I wish I would get more invites to random deathmatches so that I would get to gun down people I don't mind shooting, rather than trade bullets with crew all of the time .  360 players just run around the map shooting at each other and don't really fire up too many missions, or at least they don't seem to do it when I am online.

If I do get an invite, it is usually to the new misison du jour that everyone milks for money, whether that be Rooftop Rumble or Coveted.  When I try to host a game, and send out random invites, no one really bites the apple.

I've got my kid this weekend, so playtime will be sporadic.  If I am gaming, it will probably be ME3 thanks to all of the colorful language found in this wonderful game.  I'll probably dedicate Sunday afternoon to death dealin' and car stealin'.

My girlfriend has knee surgery scheduled for March 28th, so I'm taking the following week off to look after her. 

I will be taking the 360 with me to Maryland, but I'm not sure how often I'll be gaming.  Gotta make sure my woman is squared away

Well, if you are gaming there, we know she presumably won't be calling you on the phone while you are playing.

Yeah, but then she will wonder why I cant just "pause" GTA Online and go watch Wendy Williams or Stever Harvey with her. 

Fucking hell, but I do not give a shit about what NeNe Leakes is doing today.  If my girlfriend watching Maury and it is a DNA Test thingie show, then I'd watch that with her out of morbid curiosity.  The drama is fucking hilarious even if it is probably scripted.

Daytime television is a vast wasteland.  Thank God for gainful employment and gaming consoles.

The only random invites I get are to Prison Thug Fight

Though I really should consider the invites from Robert as "random"

Then you actually take him up on his invite and he's already left, stranding you in the Prison Thugs Fight lobby while someone's setting it up for 30 minutes with no kill limit. QUIT! QUIT! QUIT! (furiously mashes B button).

I loved that Paintball Deathmatch 'cause the last time I played it (with Robert), I someone how managed to stay on the ground and snipe about 10 people until someone got angry at my dominance and launched about 500 RPGs my way. Made up for my being Virgil to Rippa's MIllion-Dollar Man in that deathmatch the other night.

Hey now

I will not be hearing none of this bad talk about Steve Harvey

Oh, I've got no issues with Steve or his talk show.  I just dread the whole "HEY BABY, YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS~!  COME HERE IN THE OTHER ROOM AND WATCH WITH ME~!" when I am in the middle of flying a cargobob carrrying a shipping container full of heroin.

I need to start playing golf and darts again. JT and I had a nice round last night with no stupid shots that cost either the match. Still waiting for the elusive -9

I'm with ya I've got 8 under 5 or 6 times but -9 is a bitch. I did eagle hole 7 last night though that was a first for me.

Then you actually take him up on his invite and he's already left, stranding you in the Prison Thugs Fight lobby while someone's setting it up for 30 minutes with no kill limit. QUIT! QUIT! QUIT! (furiously mashes B button).

I loved that Paintball Deathmatch 'cause the last time I played it (with Robert), I someone how managed to stay on the ground and snipe about 10 people until someone got angry at my dominance and launched about 500 RPGs my way. Made up for my being Virgil to Rippa's MIllion-Dollar Man in that deathmatch the other night.

If we're not already in a party, then any deathmatch invites from me are just the game automatically relaying invites to whatever random match I've joined.  They should be viewed with extreme prejudice.

That said, I got a really good run of random matches last night, after my customary bailout on the starting duo of Ryan's Privates and Prison Thugz.  Had a miracle comeback on the last one.  We were down 59-54 with 45 seconds left in a 15 minute deathmatch, and came back to win 60-59.  I just ran right at guys after everybody appeared on the map with 30 seconds left, and managed to take out 4.

I need to start playing golf and darts again. JT and I had a nice round last night with no stupid shots that cost either the match. Still waiting for the elusive -9

I'm with ya I've got 8 under 5 or 6 times but -9 is a bitch. I did eagle hole 7 last night though that was a first for me.

JT was close to getting an eagle last night, but putting said it was not to be.

I love golf tennis and darts. I woulda paid extra for em with a dlc. That's why I love this game. It never gets borin there is to much to do. If ya get tired of doin one thing, do another.

• Like 1

JT was close to getting an eagle last night, but putting said it was not to be.

The driver shot got me to the green, but the ball settled on the low slope.  I would've had to make one helluva putt to get that eagle.

Game physics cost me two birdies and possibly a Hole In One on six.

• Like 1

I was getting ready to pretty much say the same thing as Melraz. After Melraz jumped off, I got to doing off-road races with a GTA friend of mine who loves doing that stuff. I just recently made a Sandking 4-door decked out with all the upgrades, and it was fun taking that thing out "racing." My buddy belongs to a crew of (he said) about 100 dudes who love the off-roading aspect of the map and have created dozens of races taking advantage of it. 

I say "racing" 'cause there are times when not only do you not want to accelerate at all, there are times where you're braking as hard as you can. It's a trip to go from racing as I'm used to it being to a less than 2 mile race that takes 8 minutes to finish. 

The hole in one is a bigger bitch then -9. I've gotten close so many times but never dropped that bitch into the cup. Have had several auto puts for birdies though but that just pisses me off. I'd rather have a 15 footer for birdie.

I've been solo grinding Crystal Clear Out 3. If you're decent with a Buzzard, it's an easy $10000 and 2000 RP for about 3 minutes of work. I'm at level 68 with about $800K in the bank so I'll be able to get a tank once I hit 70. Maybe then I will do freeroam more :b

I join Random Deathmatches by flipping my phone up and pressing right (Join Job) once. Don't wait for an invite, just go on passive* in your house and join something random. Half of the people on my PS3 friends list are people I met doing that.

Last night we were doing air races to try out the new plane (and for bonus money this weekend). They need to make checkpoints in air races bigger, everyone collides in the first couple.

* Because then if you do a long chain of jobs, when you return to freemode you'll still be in passive, and thereore be able to bank without getting shot first.