DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

It was really weird because I definitely was even at 8 to 8 and I know Dan was 9 to 9

Of course - on the flip side of that coin. That Beach Deathmatch can go kick rocks

Yeah, the Paintball deathmatch can take a handful of sand from the beach it sits on and pound said sand into its ass.  I don't even think you get Deathmatch Participation credit towards your Platinum medal if you do Verified Matches as opposed to Rockstar designed matches.

Of course, the medals may still be glitched.

I enjoyed the paintball deathmatch personally, but then again, I had that thing won within 5 minutes when I had more kills then the rest o the game combined... so you know, perspective and all that.

That Team Deathmatch was a great time, and the better team won. I am actually probably a bit of weak player in Team Deathmatches for the same reason I'm strong in regular deathmatches: I put myself out there, and I move over the map with no fear of death. But in a Team situation, that can be exploited by good team work: You guys picked a perfect choke point, and we were fucked as we couldn't cross the map to counter you. If we had grenades or sticky bombs, it would have been significantly different, but you played the map perfectly.

18k for five minutes of beautiful sniping is not grinding my dude.

I tried Coveted a few times today. I think Check Out Time might be a better overall mission for quick cash, at least doing it solo. Even though the payout is smaller, all you need to do is to sticky bomb the witness' car, hide for a minute to lose the cops and then drive to Martin's house. Very quick and the only expense is the $200 for the bomb with a $7500 payout.

I like the new hockey masks but they are very expensive.

Jstout, Misanthrope,, & I ran through Coveted yesterday and it was a cakewalk.  Eight minutes of sniping and me knowing how to fly a cargobob led to an easy score.  We also blew through Rooftop Rumble in record time without me screwing up and destroying the documents. 

I learned the hard lesson of The Parking Garage.  Never throw frag grenades into a bunch of enemies hiding near cars if the objective is to grab something one of the bad guys has.  I used to carry one or two Tear Gas grenades for scenarios like that, but I have resorted to only keeping explosives on me now.  I usually forgot to use the damned gas grenades while in the heat of battle.

I am fairly awesome when it comes to helicopters, but I am a complete shit airplane pilot.  Until they put armament on airplanes other than Lazer fighter jets, I think the Buzzard will be the only aircraft I bother to purchase.  My other major purchase will be a fucking tank and payback will be a bitch.

I've done the paintball deathmatch as a team match with ramdoms before, and it was fun then.  Of course, it probably helped that I had better weapons than most anybody in that match.  Can't really say how it was last night because that's when a heating pad exploded in our kitchen, spewing tiny, ceramic balls all over the damn house.

Rooftop Rumble pays a whopping $750 more than Coveted in on the Hard setting and pays more RP. It's super easy once you get into a rhythm with it. If you have more than two, it's even easier. With two, one heads to the back of the building, one to the front. Kill everyone, then one drives in a fast car while the other is the passenger and pistols anyone who comes near you. More people can follow in other cars and TCB against the enemies. 

Coveted is fun because it pays about as well (less RP) and is a total change from the "march in and kill crap quick" motif of Rooftop Rumble. Lots of sniping. Be sure someone in your group can fly a cargobob, though. I did the mission with Herby one night (where was he last night, we were hoping for a run-in from the Austrian Sensation) and he had to leave mid-mission and I blew up the Cargobob trying to pick up the container.

That team deathmatch at the construction site had nothing to do with team tactics, etc., etc., it had everything to do with me being really stupid at deathmatches. The dialog had me cracking up so badly/feeling so badly I could barely play.

"Come on, guys, we can still do this."

(Rippa kills me for the 15th time)

"Well, that sucks, but we can still do this."

(Rippa kills me for the 16th time)

"We're screwed."

If I race anyone into a wall or cars or whatnot, it's not me trying to put you into a wall, it's me trying to figure out how to pass you or trying to get away from traffic and something goes very wrong. 

I forgot to mention how badass the Abe Lincoln hat looked. If I didn't think it would be a gigantic "shoot me" sign in Freemode, I'd buy one. They should do a Lincoln beard, too. "Four score and seven years ago, I came to kick your ass with this RPG."

I tell people CONSTANTLY how the Elegy is a really, really good sports car for the money (zero), but people still wanna spend $200,000 on a car they then have to spend a bunch of money modding. In the old lists of cars and their properties, the Elegy's just a few tenths of a point behind the top car in the class, the Carbonizzare (don't know how the new Sports cars fit in there). I like the Coquette because it's fairly driveable instead of fishtailing all over the place like my Obey 9F Cabrio. 

That new Super car is neato, but I already have an Adder and an Entity and not much desire to part with either. I'm fine for Sports cars, too. I'm oddly happy for new players who have been saving up for a Super and now don't have to save as much to get a really good one that can keep up with the really high-end ones. 

• Like 2

I tell people CONSTANTLY how the Elegy is a really, really good sports car for the money (zero), but people still wanna spend $200,000 on a car they then have to spend a bunch of money modding.

This. 

For the small price of creating a Social Club account, you get a badass car and a shotgun.  Not to be sneezed at,

I think that R* has figured that out though, which is why any new sports cars added to the content will probably outclass the Elegy. 

The dirty money has already fucked over R*'s microtransaction business once.  They'd be shooting themselves in the ass if they didn't ridiculously priced content into the game that performed better than the free content, cap payouts for jobs / missions, and continue to combat cheating. 

Otherwise there's no motivation to buy one of their stupid FLEECA cards.  The only way to recover revenue would be to start charging for DLC and that would suck, although I'd have no problems believing that the Golden Snitch of DLC known as the Heists Update would be pay-for-play if it ever comes to fruition.

The Elegy is ugly and stupid. My dude is a professional hitman he isn't driving around in some shitty Nissan.

Bah, The Fast & The Furious also rolls in supers as well as sports cars and muscle cars.  You can't make fools of law enforcement or private mercs rolling around in some shitty sedan like someone's grandfather.

And there is nothing wrong with the Elegy that the price tag with FREE on the front can't help you deal with.

I also keep a Merryweather-issue Mesa Off-Road handy in case I feel the need to drive up the side of a mountain.  You probably have one of those yourself.

I sure would like to know what all of the fuss was about concerning Rat Loaders.  I'd have rather seen the Carbon RS motorcycle or the Hotknife released back into the wild than see the Rat Loader back.

The Elegy is ugly and stupid. My dude is a professional hitman he isn't driving around in some shitty Nissan.

Oh, I don't drive around Freemode in it. It's good for Sports races and that's it.

What do you drive around Freemode in? I usually drive my Obey Tailgater - fast but not too fast. Handles pretty well on pavement, can't stand sand. Can off-road a bit if pressed. I don't care for driving Supers in Freemode, though the Entity is OK in a pinch.

And Ha! I drive around in a shitty sedan usually. Though if I know I'm going warring in Freemode, I'll just steal cars to keep from getting mine impounded. Then I always wind up with the worst car possible.

Has anyone noticed that the game is getting more trigger-happy about giving you a one-star cop level if you steal a car? You used to keep a warning level in a stolen car, then they turned it down to almost zero, now it seems to be back up again. But there are times when I can be stopped next to a police car (chasing someone else) and I don't pick up a wanted level.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if I was kicked from the crew tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

If figure if anybody would get kicked, it would be me for having the inability to stop laughing for 30 minutes straight. I had to mute my mic twice because I couldn't stop. Just the image of Mis's character calmly standing outside the apartment behind a folding table full of shit while rockets and tanks whiz by in the street was killing me. I randomly remembered it at lunch and started laughing all over again. I was like a damn giddy schoolgirl last night.

The late night crew did a race in utility vehicles and Robert just flattened RUkered with a tractor while I was in another tractor trying to run Robert off the road. I hadn't factored in the ungodly slowness of the utilitys when picking them, I just thought "this should be fun." When the scooter is the fastest thing in the race, you know you've got problems.

Yeah Mel and I thought we were being all slick picking the scooters. As I remember it, we were way in the lead for most of the race, but I either wrecked the scooter and fell off or slammed into something that stopped me dead - can't remember for sure. But I'm busy trying to recover and hold my second place spot, so I didn't notice Robert coming. Panned the camera around at the very instance he bowled me over. It was hilarious. I'm pretty good at dodging people trying to run me over in sports cars. Apparently that's not the case with slow ass tractors.

As Stout says - sometimes you're the hammer and sometimes you're the nail. I was absolutely the nail last night. I was dog sitting for some friends the past several days and they don't have internet, so I couldn't take my Xbox with me. Apparently I lost all ability to do anything in five days' time. Those Russ[insert random name] dudes and that Ace whatever sniper guy whipped my ass all night long. I think I lost like 9-3 to a couple of them. And I even missed twice with my favorite thing - the old call Lester to hide and drive a sticky bombed car up their ass trick. It was pitiful.

And my night ended when the Xbox froze solid and I realized it was almost 2 a.m. It's probably a good thing, because I would have gladly stayed up until daylight and then probably skipped work. It was a hell of a good time.

• Like 2

Rockstar are willing to give away stuff via the Social Club because it's an easy tradeoff for them to get email addresses, friend lists, demographics, playing stats, etc for marketing purposes. Also people linking to their Facebook/Twitter accounts and then posting is free advertising.

• Like 2

Yep.  R* gets tons of free PII surrendered willingly, so a few pieces of in-game content is a microscopic price to pay.  The investment pays for itself the first time you invite a new friend to sign up for SC so that they show up on the crew roster.

And what Jstout said.  Who really drives around in their own vehciles that much anyway even though we all "have a mechanic" on the payroll to maintain our cars?

Bah, The Fast & The Furious also rolls in supers as well as sports cars and muscle cars.  You can't make fools of law enforcement or private mercs rolling around in some shitty sedan like someone's grandfather.

And there is nothing wrong with the Elegy that the price tag with FREE on the front can't help you deal with.

I also keep a Merryweather-issue Mesa Off-Road handy in case I feel the need to drive up the side of a mountain.  You probably have one of those yourself.

Those Mesas handle like shit and move even slower. I mostly stick to the roads though, so I wouldn't get any of the benefits of it.

Oh, I don't drive around Freemode in it. It's good for Sports races and that's it.

What do you drive around Freemode in? I usually drive my Obey Tailgater - fast but not too fast. Handles pretty well on pavement, can't stand sand. Can off-road a bit if pressed. I don't care for driving Supers in Freemode, though the Entity is OK in a pinch.

I use the Entity most of the time, it handles like a charm and leaves everything for dead. I have an armored SUV thingy that I use when I want to look like a Hitman. But honestly I like the Little Bird most of all. Speed and missiles. Golden.

RUkered, were you around when we parachuted in to that mess of players and just started getting our asses kicked by that Level 900 guy? He was tough. That was the only time I thought any of us were getting our asses kicked. 9-3 is not getting your ass kicked. Try 16-4 and then we'll talk. When you start thinking about finding somewhere else to be, you're getting your ass kicked.

I thought we handled Ace just fine, given his style, which was pissing me off. Throwing it into passive so you can climb a building and come out of passive and start sniping people is stupid. And nearly every Freemode battle follows the same predictable pattern:

1. It's 2-4 of us on 2 other dudes. One is really good, the other sucks. The one who sucks gets his ass kicked and takes it like a man. The one who is really good totally holds his own against the 2-4 of us and is doing really, really well, but ...

2. The really good dude gets a tank, for some reason. We figure out how to beat it and blow it up.

3. The really good dude goes into passive mode and either stays there or stays there long enough for us to get distracted by something else, then comes out of passive and starts shooting us again.

This almost never fails.

Those Mesas handle like shit and move even slower. I mostly stick to the roads though, so I wouldn't get any of the benefits of it.

You need to drive better off road.  The Mesa handles just fine in the proper environment.  Headshots on guys running around Sandy Shores from the safety of the top of the foothills and a clean getaway straight over the top of a mouintain to the highway.

The best part is when i "leave it behind" to flee on foot and players overcome by the WOW Factor of seeing a rare vehicle in Freemode trigger the ignition bomb while trying to run me down with my own car rather than just shoot me. 

The lolz are worth the insurance payment.  Never get into a stranger's car, kids.

I use the Entity most of the time, it handles like a charm and leaves everything for dead. I have an armored SUV thingy that I use when I want to look like a Hitman. But honestly I like the Little Bird most of all. Speed and missiles. Golden.

Any SUV that is not a Declaase Granger or Mammoth with off-road wheels is probably a waste of time, but I cannot argue with ownership of a Buzzard.  Definitely has a better risk / reward ratio, or it will until R* decides to nerf the ability to target people on foot with rockets.

I only steal Ballers to sell for cash, but I'd keep one of those Obey Rocatos in my garage just because they are rare spawns like Gresleys or a Vapid Radius for the rare occasion that we actually race SUVs..

Glad I ain't banned, kicked, and forgotten. Hadda blast last night to many things to list but Robert runnin over rukered was great.

Some bastard came at me inna buzzard (he lost) we kicked his ass for a while then he ran. Stout rallied the troops and we were off after his ass. Then the pilsner budweiser fucks interrupted me. Stout said hell with the other guy and they all came back to help me.

I was minding my own business like always when all of a sudden there is a white dot hauling ass at me oh wait 3 dots. I get outta my car and standin right in front of a buildin. Here comes the first car driver is dead.....Second car driver is dead.....third car driver is dead. At this time my car and the 3 ass holes cars all all together. Then outta no where here comes the tailibans own mizz and blows up every fuckin car and I think a passenger in one of the cars that I didn't see. I think he had a $40,000 bill from 1 suicide sticky bombing. That's why he needs to have yard sales.

• Like 4

The Bullet has become my go to car in free mode.  Not the fastest supercar, but fast enough to outrun everything except another super, and easier to drive than the others.  I'd grab a Tailgater, but I've never seen one around.  Stout likes to taunt me with his purple one, and by telling me how many he's found in the game.

I'm stupid about cars, so when I had all the free money my brain looked at all the supercars, and said "Ooh!  Shiny!".  As a result I've got the Cheetah, Entity, Adder, Vacca, Infernus & Voltic, in addition to the Bullet.  Only other cars I've got are the Baller, Mesa and Rapid GT.  I'm thinking the Cheetah is about to leave to make room for a Turismo.  Rapid GT is probably next on the list afterwards.  I need a better sports car.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I fucking hate people...

Someone (Herby?) said they got popped in their garage, so I put it in passive mode before walking into my garage and took pictures to share.  He even runs like a bitch, see?

Suicide bombing all those fuckers felt good, I was hoping for more kills.  Ya'll were wondering where I was, thought I was still in the apartment, but I snuck out, hid my blip and was rolling up on those fuckers to blow them up, they just happened to roll up on Mel before I got to them.

As far as the yard sale goes:

"Listen baybay, I gotsta get to da pay winda"

I blame Jimmy Valiant, but that's a story for another time.

One last edit: Turtle Beach update, seems module quit pairing with headset, taking them back to Best Buy tomorrow for a replacement, per the extended warranty I purchased. I highly doubt they have the MW3 Ear Force Bravo's in stock,

Edited by misanthrope304

Stout likes to taunt me with his purple one

Well, as I've said before, you are a very handsome woman.

We're members of the mile-high club, you know.

Most of the Tailgaters I've found (four, I think) have been when Simeon's looking for the five specific cars (sometimes one will be a Tailgater) or when you get to an import/export vehicle and it's a Tailgater. 

When Simeon's looking for five specific cars and the Tailgater's one of them, check the golf course and the parking lots at Vespucci Beach (behind the bike-rental place at the edge of the beach. Those are the two most common places for them. When he's looking for one specific car, it's luck. Just go to a Los Santos Customs, put a tracker on it and its yours.

They look cool, drive well, are reasonably fast and carry four people.

Edit: J.T., I thought of you when I swiped a car at random tonight and it was one of those Phoenixes. It's my favorite of the muscle cars for being reasonably easy to drive. Soup it up and that might change, though. Herby let me take the Albany Alpha for a spin, and it rode really nice for a sports car. Again, soup it up all the way and it might stay loose (he had 3 levels of engine upgrades). Still, no desire for the new cars.

He was looking all over for a four-door Sandking and couldn't find one, which is exactly how it works. Those things grow on trees and when you're actively looking for one, they disappear.