DVDVR Message Board

College World Series

Greggulator

Anyone else watching? The regionals are on ESPN3/ESPNU/etc. This tournament and how it's set up is a total blast. Houston/Rice is in the bottom of the 15th right now. Super game.

Tomorrow night is an absolute epic encounter; Columbia University, the Ivy representative, takes on Miami in a winner-take-all battle. Columbia beat Miami 3-0 today in their survival game (since it's double elimination) and get a chance to knock off the Hurricanes. Teams in the northeastern US never make it out of regionals or super regionals. Stony Brook made it to Omaha in 2012 and then before that, if my math is correct, the last team to do so was Maine in 1986.

VCU has to beat Dallas Baptist once to move on to the next round. Dallas Baptist has to win twice.

There are a bunch of "win twice" games tomorrow. But with some luck, we could see UNC-Wilmington, Charleston, Wright State, and Radford make it interesting.

Will pay more attention to this once the amazing Woman's College World Series ends in the next 2 or 3 days. For people who haven't seen it this World Series has been bananas so far and we are now down to the final 2 teams.

Columbia beat Miami yesterday behind a 2 hit shut out from a pitcher who didn't letter last year. 

I love the regionals, the scoreboard is the hotbed of absolute insanity.  Dallas Baptist kicked the absolute shit out of (and eliminated) Texas. 

Will pay more attention to this once the amazing Woman's College World Series ends in the next 2 or 3 days. For people who haven't seen it this World Series has been bananas so far and we are now down to the final 2 teams.

I've been watching a ton of the WCWS, also. Super fun event.

• Like 1

Yeah, but if you took out Internet Darling Michigan and put anyone else in there, do you think it'd be as much fun?  

• Like 1

My Ragin' Cajuns have pulled off two straight ninth inning upsets in these regionals.  Hope they pull it out today and I think I'm going to head out there (the regionals are here in Houston.)  I think everyone from Louisiana is really hoping for a Cajuns/LSU showdown.  Baseball is the only sport where we ever get to upset those Tiger bastards. 

• Like 1

Yeah, but if you took out Internet Darling Michigan and put anyone else in there, do you think it'd be as much fun?  

Sadly the spot machine Oklahoma got knocked out by Alabama in the super regionals thus knocking out the all time Home run champion so they could have been even more homers in the World series.

www.d1baseball.com has a ton of great coverage of college baseball.

The ULL Ragin Cajuns advance to the super regionals. If you go into Houston and manage to beat the Cougars, and then Rice twice, you have impressed the hell out of me. The Cajuns are now my underdog favorite the rest of the way (because I don't want Columbia to beat Miami).

www.d1baseball.com has a ton of great coverage of college baseball.

The ULL Ragin Cajuns advance to the super regionals. If you go into Houston and manage to beat the Cougars, and then Rice twice, you have impressed the hell out of me. The Cajuns are now my underdog favorite the rest of the way (because I don't want Columbia to beat Miami).

Yeah, it's 16-1 Miami in the 5th, I think my alma mater is done.

I think there were quite a number of colorful words thrown around the U's locker room yesterday after Columbia won.

Super Regionals pairings (first four start Friday, last four start Saturday), best-of-three series (all games on some ESPN network):

Maryland at Virginia

Missouri State at Arkansas

VCU at Miami

Florida State at Florida

Louisiana-Lafayette at LSU

Texas A&M at TCU

Vanderbilt at Illinois

CS Fullerton at Louisville

Strange to see Missouri State get a road date, considering they were one of the 8 national seeds going into the tournament. I read somewhere their ballpark was being used this weekend, I guess that's true.

This VCU/UofM game is hilarious.  Both pitchers have throwing errors- the VCU pitcher couldn't successfully throw it to second base and the UofM pitcher couldn't successfully throw it to first.