DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R3: LUKE HARPER vs. VIRUS

RIPPA

LUKE HARPER vs. VIRUS  

98 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I think Virus had a stronger year. He was having weekly trios awesomeness while Harper wasn't doing much of anything. His highs are pretty damn high too. I'm not 100% sure what the argument for Harper even would be here and I'm high enough on him that I made a case for him in general. Virus just had the better year. 

Look at how smooth this shit is:

vbWr7r.gif

"What the hell happened? Why did the Panther go down? Oh, that's why."

I agree with Matt that Virus was better last year, but I don't think he was miles and miles better.  And his best match last year was not in the voting period (v. Titan 1/28). That said, I'm not sure you can argue Virus has been better this year.  In fact I'd say he almost certainly hasn't though that's not really his fault.  This is really close.  I could, and probably should, take time to think on it.  But I am going with Virus because I'd like to see some lucha represented in the final eight, 

Harper made me vote once against lucha. BUT NOT TWICE! GO VIRUS GO! 

I think this would be an easier matchup if the Titan match had happened in the voting period but even without it I think he had a pretty strong resume of stuff with the other 3(WOW!) title matches against Stigma, Fuego, and Dragon Lee. Unless I'm misremembering those matches entirely. 

• Like 1

Stigma match is disappointing.  I liked the other two, though I think the Lee match is somewhat overrated. That said I've long thought Virus is the best trios match worker in Mexico and last year has done nothing to change that opinion.  His performance in the 5/23 trios was awesome.

Lee once lost a match in Chikara because Dasher Hatfield undid the laces on his boot to negate Brodie's Big Boot. From that point on Brodie had ducktape around his boot so it would never happen again. Vote Harper a Smart Hoss!

• Like 2

Lee once lost a match in Chikara because Dasher Hatfield undid the laces on his boot to negate Brodie's Big Boot. From that point on Brodie had ducktape around his boot so it would never happen again. Vote Harper a Smart Hoss!

So...vote for Virus?