DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 59: McGregor vs. Siver (1/18/2015) - Boston, MA (TD Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

Maybe Sheamus will teach him a kick like Segal did for Anderson.

Cerrone vs. Henderson wasn't as good as their WEC bouts.

Conor looked good and since him winning the title was one of my predictions in the Bold predictions thread I will be pulling for him in that fight.

He tried but like I said in the MMA Talk thread, his window for any type of shocking upset was very short. As soon as that straight left hand started working, it was the end of that shit.

Sunday night’s UFC Fight Night 59 drew an overnight rating of 1.7 and it is projected to be the most-watched/highest rated show in FS1 history according to Fox Sports.

UFC Fight Night 59 occurred on the same day as NFL’s Championship Sunday.  The NFC Championship game on Fox posted a 29.1 overnight rating which is the highest-rated, most watched show since Super Bowl 48.  The peak was a 33.8 from 6-6:30. The AFC Championship drew a 24.2 overnight rating and was off from last year’s AFC game likely due to the blowout.

Despite power outages in the Seattle area due to storms, Seattle had a 51.9 rating.  According to local information, more than 1.85 million viewers in Seattle area watched Green Bay-Seattle.  Interesting enough, Seattle (3.9 rating) was the top market watching UFC Fight Night 59 per Newsday’s Mark LaMonica.  Oklahoma City (3.2) and Phoenix (3.2) were next.  In these cities, it looks like the UFC promos helped.

http://mmapayout.com/2015/01/ufc-fight-night-59-draws-1-7-overnight-rating/

Well there you have it.

Greg Savage ‏@TheSavageTruth 2m

.@Cowboycerrone says @TeamKhabib is most likely next for him.

I don't expect it to be soon as Cerrone said he is taking time off.

is Khabib's six UFC wins in a row without a title shot a record?

edit: 

damn, not really even that close.

8 wins: Jon Fitch, Gray Maynard

7 wins: Chuck Liddell, Jim Miller, George Sotiropoulos, Matt Brown, Rafael Assuncao

Add Donald Cerrone to the list of 7 now.

In terms of the ratings, I know it sometimes takes a crossover superstar for McGregor or a big interesting fight, but I just don't know why UFC isn't getting more support from the Fox networks for more fight cards like this.  Is Fox only willing to roll out the red carpet for Chael Sonnen and Conor McGregor types?

This show did a 1.4 with a 2.75 million viewer average (creeping up on the last main Fox show) becoming the highest rated program in FS1 history and tied for #1 rated cable show on Sunday night.