DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: VIC GRIMES

RIPPA

My spreadsheet says I have never picked Vic Grimes so here we go.

Of course - the first like 10 results are the Grimes/New Jack scaffold stupidity. I really want none of that.

Fucking XPW

I talked with David Cash aka Kid Kash one night at a North Carolina Huddle House after a NWA Mid Atlantic show and he said that the worst guy he ever worked with was Vic Grimes.  

He said that Grimes told him something along the lines of, :"Hey, I always work stiff because I want it to look believable," and Kash thought to himself, "This guy just fucking let himself off the hook for being sloppy and lazy in the ring."

Due to Rippa's disinterest I won't post it here but the New Jack comments about the fall are on Youtube and are pretty fucked up... and pretty funny, in their own way. Grimes doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer. I don't think for the biggest paycheck XPW could muster -- hell, the biggest paycheck WWE and New Japan combined could muster -- would I go within a state's distance of New Jack after what happened to him. 

Due to Rippa's disinterest I won't post it here but the New Jack comments about the fall are on Youtube and are pretty fucked up... and pretty funny, in their own way. Grimes doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer. I don't think for the biggest paycheck XPW could muster -- hell, the biggest paycheck WWE and New Japan combined could muster -- would I go within a state's distance of New Jack after what happened to him. 

What did he say?  My worker friends and I always agreed, it looked like Jack was legit trying to murder Grimes in that XPW scaffold match.  Watch carefully towards the end when Jack is tazing Vic on the scaffold: it goes "Work, work, work... SHOOT!"   And then right afterwards Jack hurls Grimes with every ounce of strength in his body, clearly trying to throw him PAST the ring and straight onto the concrete floor.  Vic's shockingly safe landing where he bounced off the ropes was a one-in-a-million miracle, that guy should have died that night.  

I loved how the excuse for WWF sending Grimes to ECW was that they needed him to improve his in-ring skills.  Uh, wouldn't Philly be the last place you'd send someone to work on their fundamentals?  It's not like they didn't have Lawler's fed in Memphis and Dory Funk's dojo as developmental systems at the time.  

*sigh* 

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't even include the footage of New Jack saying he intended Grimes to fall headfirst on the ringpost as to kill him, but they had moved the ring back a couple feet so it didn't work. So basically attempted murder. There's your answer.