DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-15-14

MGFanJay

What if Rusev ends up getting fed to Reigns? Is everything okay in that circumstance?

If it involves Reigns becoming the US champ and fine-tuning his singles act as a dominant upper midcarder so he can be ready for big ME run by Mania 32 instead of getting hot-shotted at 31, that would be perfect. In fact, if they did this at Mania 31 similar to Cena beating Show at WM 20, I might almost think creative had some damn sense.

I also think Ryback sorta sucks.

I would like him more if they let him use his goofy personality a bit more.  The one he showed with Rybaxel.  If done right he could make the jump to main event.

The problem is people think that the huge muscled gym lunks have no personality.  Give him some personality, not full blown comedy but a snarky, humorous face and I think he gets over huge.

He needs the personality that is part Mark Henry, part Big Show, and part Kidd.  It is walking a tightrope but would work.

The real problem with pushing Ryback to ME status is if you start selling merchandise that is gym related you bump up against Cena who has a whole line of workout gear.

Has anyone ever had a long undefeated streak and survived a major loss and kept his aura?

Goldberg, Lesnar, The Shield

The trick is the undeafeted guy has to go over established main eventers as part of the streak. If they only go over midcarders and lose the first time they step up in competition, that's when it's bad news (Ryback, Bray Wyatt, Joe in TNA)