DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NCAAF - THE PLAYOFFS! (and Bowls)

Dolfan in NYC

I'm telling you. Watch it happen. The TCU/Baylor thing is a clusterfuck that they'd rather not make the call on. It should be an easy pick for Baylor over TCU, but it's obvious from the way the polls have played out over the past few weeks that the committee has no respect for Baylor. So, hey, here's conference champion Ohio State!

I CALLED IT.

This is what Baylor gets for hiring a fucking lobbyist to try to get in. This will be a lesson to other conferences in the future not to get cute with naming conference champions. Watching OSU get humiliated is always fun as well. The question is can FSU pull their Ric Flair routine against Oregon?

This is what Baylor gets for hiring a fucking lobbyist to try to get in. This will be a lesson to other conferences in the future not to get cute with naming conference champions. Watching OSU get humiliated is always fun as well. The question is can FSU pull their Ric Flair routine against Oregon?

You know the Hulk Hogan Big Boot/Leg Drop combo is coming for the Ducks!

The committee punished the Big 12 for being giant pussies and declaring co-champions this Ohio St is in to be fed to Bama on New Year's Day.

• Like 1

Don't know how anybody would be surprised that it was Baylor that hired the lobbyist.  They do have Ken Starr as their university president, after all.

Anyway, I'd like to thank the committee for the early Christmas present.  The wailing and gnashing of teeth here in Big 12 land will be glorious.  The only thing that would've made it funnier to me would've been having Texas in the place of TCU.

If Notre Dame isn't on the phone with the ACC, Big 12, and B1G right now, somebody is fucking up. I think one of the things the committee made clear is that they place a premium on clear-cut conference champions. If undefeated conference champ FSU couldn't even crack the top 2, I don't see undefeated non-champ Notre Dame ever getting in without the benefit of a mass chaos scenario.

Big 12 commish:  We need to add 2 teams next year.

Secretary:  Boise State on line 1 sir and Marshall on line 2.

Big 12 commish:  Put Boise on hold.  Marshall, you want in?  Sure, no problem, you are in.  Thanks, bye.  We just need one more.

Secretary:  Boise on line 1.

Big 12 commish:  Just need one more team.  Maybe Colorado St.  No, they just lost their coach.  Maybe I can entice BYU if I let them keep their network.

Big 12 commish:  Get me BYU on line 2.

• Like 1

I don't think it was so much about having a conference champion. I'd believe it if you told me this was all about television ratings. That's the only way you can justify Ohio St. as "one of the best 4 teams"

They are going to get fucking destroyed. Notre Dame would have made it in if they had a great year. Again, it's about TV ratings.

• Like 1

Ohio St.'s out of conference schedule was Navy, Kent State, Cincinnati and Virginia Tech. Cincy is a 9-win team but the American conference is a joke. Virginia Tech was awful this year and Ohio St. lost to them by two touchdowns @ home.

TCU beat Minnesota by 23. That's better than anything Ohio St. did out of conference and their loss was to a top 5 team on the road by a field goal.

Ohio ST isn't one of the 4 best teams I think Baylor should be the 4th but the Big 12 made it easy by declaring co-champions when Baylor beat TCU. The committee a few days ago said they would give a higher priority to solo conference champions then co-conference champions.

Big 12 commish:  Put Boise on hold.  Marshall, you want in?  Sure, no problem, you are in.  Thanks, bye.  We just need one more.

Big 12 commish:  Just need one more team.  Maybe Colorado St.  No, they just lost their coach.  Maybe I can entice BYU if I let them keep their network.

My joke meter is broken, does this imply the Big 12 thinks they are better than Boise, or that Boise is better than the Big 12?

Listening to Chip Brown's (Texas/B12 stooge mouthpiece) XM show right now and it is hilarious. So much mad.

Ah, that's the good stuff.  I could give a shit about who deserved to be #4.  I wanted comedy out of this, and it's gonna deliver.  My only worry is that I'm not sure it can get better than Chip Brown having a fit.

My joke meter is broken, does this imply the Big 12 thinks they are better than Boise, or that Boise is better than the Big 12?

I think it implies that they want to add to cream puffs(or as close to it as possible) and not a team that could fuck some of their team up. . . 

• Like 1

I think it implies that they want to add to cream puffs(or as close to it as possible) and not a team that could fuck some of their team up. . . 

That's what I was hoping, but I'm out of touch with what the rest of the nation thinks of Boise.

Listening to Chip Brown's (Texas/B12 stooge mouthpiece) XM show right now and it is hilarious. So much mad.

Ah, that's the good stuff.  I could give a shit about who deserved to be #4.  I wanted comedy out of this, and it's gonna deliver.  My only worry is that I'm not sure it can get better than Chip Brown having a fit.

I was mistaken. Brown was just a studio guest on somebody else's show....BUT he'll be on later today with THE HAWK at their regularly scheduled time to get his bitch on for 3 solid hours.

• Like 1

Ohio St.'s out of conference schedule was Navy, Kent State, Cincinnati and Virginia Tech. Cincy is a 9-win team but the American conference is a joke. Virginia Tech was awful this year and Ohio St. lost to them by two touchdowns @ home.TCU beat Minnesota by 23. That's better than anything Ohio St. did out of conference and their loss was to a top 5 team on the road by a field goal.

I hate that you're putting me in the position of defending Ohio State, but if you're going to make a case for TCU over them, OOC is not the way to go. Having played an FCS team and 1-11 SMU, the Minnesota win is literally all they have to hang their hat on OOC, and you'd have a hard time convincing me that Minnesota is demonstrably better than Cincinnati.

Plus, a game against always challenging Navy is significantly better than an FCS gimme or SMU.