DVDVR Message Board

TNA Bound for Glory 2014

Decent show with some pretty good matches on it. Of course nothing meaningful storyline-wise but a fine night of wrestling matches. Thought the opener was good, EC3 looked good, fun X Title match and the wrestle-1 tag was impressive. Last 3 matches were about what would be expected. Enjoying Havok more than I have in a long while in her TNA run thus far. Definitely felt more like one of the One Night Only PPVs than BFG.

Full results:

*Minoru Tanaka def. Manik (9:55) via Minoru Special submission

*Team 3D Highlights: Defeating Rick Steiner & Animal at Slammiversary 2007

*Video promo from EC3, talking about firing Spud and hyping up his new bodyguard as debuting this week on Impact

*Ethan Carter III def. Ryota Hama (5:51) after a low blow and the One Percenter.

*Team 3D Highlights: Defeating Beer Money at Lockdown 2009

*Video promo from MVP on being back in Japan and always looking for a new challenge

*MVP def. Kazma Sakamoto (7:51) after the Drive-By kick

*Video promo from Samoa Joe hyping up the upcoming X Title match.

*Samoa Joe def. Kaz Hayashi & Low Ki (10:35) via submission on Ki to retain the X Division Title. After the match, JB interviewed Joe in the ring. Joe said TNA was starting a new revolution with Wrestle-1 and put over BFG & the X Title.

*Team 3D Highlights: Putting Dixie through the table. Video promo from Tommy Dreamer talking about being back in Japan for one last night with Team 3D.

*Yusuke Kodama & Kuroshio Ikemen Jiro def. El Hijo del Pantera & Andy Wu (9:24) when Kodama pinned Pantera with a corkscrew moonsault

*Video package on Tommy Dreamer inducting Team 3D in to the TNA Hall of Fame.

*Team 3D def. Abyss & Tommy Dreamer (12:52) when Devon pinned Dreamer after the 3D into thumbtacks. After the match, 3D cut a promo about doing what they love and how Japan is their favorite place.

*Video promo from Velvet Sky on being in Japan for the first time and wanting the knockouts title.

*Havok def. Velvet Sky (5:52) via bearhug submission to retain the knockouts title

*Video promo from James Storm leading into the feud video package for the main event.

*The Great Muta & Tajiri def. James Storm & Sanada (11:12) when Muta pinned Sanada after the Shining Wizard. After the match, Manik joins Storm in attacking Muta & Tajiri until Team 3D make the save. Muta hits Storm with the green mist leading into the 3D. Team 3D stand tall to end the show.

It wasn't a bad show wrestling wise. EC3 came off like a star in both of his promos. I'm surprised Samoa Joe is still as over as he is in 2014. TNA should have really tossed some money into a decent set and lighting setup. I know the arena is only 2500, but Jesus Christ. What happened to the WCW Nitro-lite setup TNA had a couple of years ago? Surely TNA/W1 has some extra truss laying around?! The closing of 2014 reminds me of the last 3 months of 2009 when Vince Russo was told to keep the show flowing until Bischoff/Hogan show up.

WAY too much Team 3D stuff, which I'm surprised wasn't trimmed down since they just used the show as a way to try and get a GFW/NJPW gig. The HOF came off as so low-end with Bully in a knock-off Affliction shirt and Devon in an unironed, untucked button-down. YOU'RE GETTING INDUCTED TO A HALL OF FAME, at least attempt to dress up in something beyond a casual stroll to 7-11. The W-1 tag was quite good, as was the X Title match. Team 3D's match wasn't good, but was still better than the main event. It was way too short a match for a main event in theory, but was already bad and just poorly laid-out. Velvet's match got over huge, and I could see her becoming a regular in W-1 since she was one of hte most popular acts on the show. Muta's lack of reaction was astonishing, and really sad. Hogan's final match at least got a good reaction at BFG, and this crowd should be conditioned to like him (and granted it's not his last match) but they were SILENT beyond two guys chanting Mu-ta.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/tna-bound-for-glory-2014.html

Screens -

e4952c357441690.jpg

8024ef357441829.jpg

b87c43357442044.jpg

86c5ae357442913.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/sk1cozo2wx5lwjzi3ooqzxypwq9tjv3b

Man, this was an ugly show. I mean that literally - the wrestling was fine and the inter-promotional aspect meant no stupid booking decisions, but the arena looked like crap, the camera work was awful, and it just generally made TNA look like an indy doing an iPPV for the first time.

• Like 1

Man, this was an ugly show. I mean that literally - the wrestling was fine and the inter-promotional aspect meant no stupid booking decisions, but the arena looked like crap, the camera work was awful, and it just generally made TNA look like an indy doing an iPPV for the first time.

This! Big time. The look gave off a slightly advanced indy promotion vibe. 

Never mind that Tenay and Taz recorded the commentary in an RV and it sure as hell sounded like it. 

It was a passable wrestling but not worth the price tag obviously. 

I thought the wrestling was ok,  Nothing really stood out for me.  The opener might have been my favorite match.  75 min of actual wrestling on an eight match show costing $50 doesn't really work for me. Giving the main event - a tag match, no less - 12 min is absurd.

Everything besides the actual in-ring wrestling was bad.  So, so bad.  The Dudleys dressing up for a night of drinking and bowling makes the HoF look so bush league.  But, then again, maybe it's fitting.  The show looked like it was shot (ineptly) in a cave and the sound mixing was amateurish,  Did Taz and Tenay really record the commentary in an RV or is that a joke?  Not hard to believe, if that's really what they did.

In general, i thought the show was an overpriced, inferior version of their One Night Only PPV.

Mutoh probably should retire,  He's one of my favorites, and I still enjoy seeing him, but even the Muta mystique seems to be gone, which is about all he still had going for him.