DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Filler 6-2-14

MGFanJay

See, I'm not worried at all about the face/heel dynamic. Not only was Rollins a fine heel himself just 6 months ago, but Dean Ambrose turning into the next Ricky Morton shattered my perception of "sure thing" face/heel personas.

• Like 1

See, I'm not worried at all about the face/heel dynamic. Not only was Rollins a fine heel himself just 6 months ago, but Dean Ambrose turning into the next Ricky Morton shattered my perception of "sure thing" face/heel personas.

In 20 years we're going to have stories of how Dean and Roman were on the indie circuit calling each other Punky and Hoots and talking about how when they got to the territory, it looked like a bomb scare but they got there, shot an angle with Team X and the next week people were hanging from the rafters.

• Like 1

In 20 years we're going to have stories of how Dean and Roman were on the indie circuit calling each other Punky and Hoots, daddy, and talking about how when they got to the territory, brutha, it looked like a bomb scare but they got there, daddy, shot an angle with Team X and the next week people were hanging from the rafters, daddy.

Fixed

• Like 2

Even if we are talking kayfabe wise as a unit, Evolution has the upper hand when it comes to titles.Even though, I don't recall them having the Intercontinental/US title. Individually, let's get back to this thread in ten years and make comparisons, because Evolution has had that long to gather up their remaining belts, whereas the Shield has been around for about two years.

Even if we are talking kayfabe wise as a unit, Evolution has the upper hand when it comes to titles.Even though, I don't recall them having the Intercontinental/US title. Individually, let's get back to this thread in ten years and make comparisons, because Evolution has had that long to gather up their remaining belts, whereas the Shield has been around for about two years.

Orton had IC while Hunter was hw and Flair and Batista were tag champs.

I think bringing up a new Shield member would be bad for everyone. Even if it was someone comparably talented like Zayn, he'd still be living in Rollins' shadow, and presumably the whole point of this is to push Rollins which means he needs to beat some guys now. You might be able to get away with jobbing Rollins once or twice if he gets MITB, but you have to be careful not to turn him into Sandow type.

I don't get why people want another member. I think it's time to see if the Shield guys can survive shitty booking. We know they can do tag matches til Kingdom Come, but what happens when they aren't in the spot light, like many many of the guys go through at one point..

Would you rather see HHH/Orton/Rollins vs Ambrose/Reigns/new member or HHH/Orton/Rollins vs Ambrose/Reigns/Cena?  (Moving Cena into this role would allow Bray Wyatt to move on to someone else.)

The answer as always is Corey Graves.

I've never actually seen a Graves match, or a Sterling James Keenan match for that matter, but there certainly seem to be an awful lot of people who think he's a blight on humanity.

Those people are fools. Corey Graves is amazing right now.

The only person I would immediately accept as a new member of the Shield is Solomon Crowe. Graves MAY work, or may not. Anybody else? Fuck 'em. Would rather they stay a 2 man unit.

Corey had finally put the pieces together as far as being a complete pompous jag.  Its a shame his brains got scrambled again because the stuff with Sami was really shaping up well and he was a clear standout in the 6 man teaming with the Ascension against the Usos and Zayn.

EDIT: To move half the post to another thread.

Somebody on this board (probably either pira or Gregg) described Corey Graves perfectly as the guy who takes a few BJJ classes, so he thinks he's a badass. But will also kick your girlfriend in the face to get the advantage in a bar fight.

And ever since then, he's become my favorite wrestler.