DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-31-14 - WM Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

Is there any room for some position between "Roman is the next Rock" and "Roman is ass" in this discussion?

Of course not, this is the Internetz.

Is there any room for some position between "Roman is the next Rock" and "Roman is ass" in this discussion?

Yeah really. I think he's great at what he's currently doing. I think in time he'll be a consistently good singles performer. I just find OSJ's claim that he's had "too many good singles matches to list" to be absurd. The guy has had what, maybe a dozen singles matches on tv since being called up?

He didn't exactly suck in FCW/NXT if you were watching.

But you still can't list even one match?

I don't understand this 'Roman hasn't had a massive singles career so he eats ass' logic. 

The dude is awesome. The progress he's made traveling with Rollins and Ambrose has been bad ass to watch. Is he ready for his huge singles push? No. That's why the Shield is still together. But watching this charismatic bad ass grow and digivolve from green as hell into Babygurl Rock-Meng is part of why it's so much fun to love the dude. We're ground floor on the next big thing.  

So, he's like a Samoan Rick Rude, while Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins are his Manny Fernandez?

He's like if Samoan Rick Rude absorbed Umaga's beserker power from a dragon wall in Skyrim. 

• Like 2

Yeah really. I think he's great at what he's currently doing. I think in time he'll be a consistently good singles performer. I just find OSJ's claim that he's had "too many good singles matches to list" to be absurd. The guy has had what, maybe a dozen singles matches on tv since being called up?

I can list quite a few but I'd much rather infuriate you by not doing so. However, in the interest of fair play, how about his three-way dance with Rollins and Ambrose? How about his match with CJ Parker? How about his recent work?

I don't understand this 'Roman hasn't had a massive singles career so he eats ass' logic. 

The dude is awesome. The progress he's made traveling with Rollins and Ambrose has been bad ass to watch. Is he ready for his huge singles push? No. That's why the Shield is still together. But watching this charismatic bad ass grow and digivolve from green as hell into Babygurl Rock-Meng is part of why it's so much fun to love the dude. We're ground floor on the next big thing.  

So, he's like a Samoan Rick Rude, while Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins are his Manny Fernandez?

He's like if Samoan Rick Rude absorbed Umaga's beserker power from a dragon wall in Skyrim. 

That's just beautiful.

I like some of his spots and the fact that they are growing at a decent clip is a good sign, but I'm already deeply annoyed by the video game set-up for the Superman Punch, much like HBK's super kick. And I haven't seen any of his single matches that I ever need to see again. He undoubtedly has potential, but they have a big roster full of dudes who had potential. The Rock comparisons are just embarrassing. Until it is actually achieved, potential is just a figment of everybody's fucking imagination.

It's a logical prediction. It's about connecting the dots. Roman Reigns is going to be a HUGE star.  All you need to know is this--ask almost any woman with working eyes. He's tall, athletic, articulate, and good looking.  Plus, he's on the TV every week, making him accessible. He's going to bring in the casual female audience.  He has mainstream appeal. No way does HHH and Stephanie leave potential piles of cash on the table where Reigns is concerned.  He'd have to completely crash and burn for that to happen.

I can list quite a few but I'd much rather infuriate you by not doing so. However, in the interest of fair play, how about his three-way dance with Rollins and Ambrose? How about his match with CJ Parker? How about his recent work?

I'll check those two out, though a three-way dance isn't a singles match. His "recent work" is more vague praise, but thank you for taking a break from trolling to recommend something.

• Like 1

That's just beautiful.

"dragonborn, babygurl."  *renee young dies*

• Like 2

I'll check those two out, though a three-way dance isn't a singles match. His "recent work" is more vague praise, but thank you for taking a break from trolling to recommend something.

"Recent work" would include what you be seeing on the tv every week. I would however, dispute that a 3-way dance is not a singles match. It is comprised of three individuals each trying to win, is it not?

"Recent work" would include what you be seeing on the tv every week. I would however, dispute that a 3-way dance is not a singles match. It is comprised of three individuals each trying to win, is it not?

It is as much of a singles match as the Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational, which is also comprised of individuals each trying to win.  That description also fits the Andre Memorial Battle Royal, the Royal Rumble, the Elimination Chamber....

It's a logical prediction. It's about connecting the dots. Roman Reigns is going to be a HUGE star. All you need to know is this--ask almost any woman with working eyes. He's tall, athletic, articulate, and good looking. Plus, he's on the TV every week, making him accessible. He's going to bring in the casual female audience. He has mainstream appeal.

Dumbest fucking thing I've read on here in a while.

It is as much of a singles match as the Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational, which is also comprised of individuals each trying to win.  That description also fits the Andre Memorial Battle Royal, the Royal Rumble, the Elimination Chamber....

I think you're reaching. A 3-way gives all three participants a chance to highlight what they can do. A Battle Royal is generally a clusterfuck where no one is able to stand out. Though, that said, Reigns has done perfectly well in that scenario too.

It's a logical prediction. It's about connecting the dots. Roman Reigns is going to be a HUGE star. All you need to know is this--ask almost any woman with working eyes. He's tall, athletic, articulate, and good looking. Plus, he's on the TV every week, making him accessible. He's going to bring in the casual female audience. He has mainstream appeal.

No, one of the most astute things I've read on here in a while.

No, one of the most astute things I've read on here in a while.

My wife asks for Roman updates and she hates this shit.

I think you're reaching. A 3-way gives all three participants a chance to highlight what they can do. A Battle Royal is generally a clusterfuck where no one is able to stand out. Though, that said, Reigns has done perfectly well in that scenario too.

For what value of n does an n-way match cease to be a singles match?

• Like 1

"He's got everything a woman would like in a man! Anyone who says otherwise is either gay or wishes they could look like him!" Mrs. OSJ

And there you have it... FWIW Mrs. OSJ is 60 (she did go on to say that he looks like I did when we first met, but that was 30+ years ago)

For what value of n does an n-way match cease to be a singles match?

Good question, for me, I would say that anything above a fatal 4-way enters in to Battle Royal territory. Actually, I'm not that much of a fan of 4-way matches but do love me some good 3-way battles.

"He's got everything a woman would like in a man! Anyone who says otherwise is either gay or wishes they could look like him!" Mrs. OSJ

And there you have it... FWIW Mrs. OSJ is 60 (she did go on to say that he looks like I did when we first met, but that was 30+ years ago)

Doesn't have to be an either/or dichotomy.