DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R2 Match 6: HERO vs. BRYAN

Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Hero  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Chris Hero, right?

Bryan drops his selling so that he can seem more main eventery despite his size. And... that's pretty much the only bad thing I could say about him other than the fact that he wasn't really allowed to own his role on the mic and he didn't step up to take it like others have in the past. It's hard to argue against Bryan this year unless we're talking the real top seeds in this.

Chris Hero had some good matches but this is a doom draw for him. 

Interesting note about Ray Rowe: I went to college with him, and his original wrestling name was Raymond Wright. One of our professors told him it reminded him too much of Robin Penn Wright, and he started wrestling under his current name shortly after. 

Edit: I guess I should talk about the actual match up. It's a no brainer. Hero's best match this year is the Regal match but I feel as though Bryan had equal matches consistently against worse opponents. 

See, now you're getting your gimmick confused.  You're anti-Shield now, not DB.  

C'mon man.  I know you're out of practice, but you're better than that!

Bryan drops his selling so that he can seem more main eventery despite his size. And... that's pretty much the only bad thing I could say about him other than the fact that he wasn't really allowed to own his role on the mic and he didn't step up to take it like others have in the past. It's hard to argue against Bryan this year unless we're talking the real top seeds in this.

Bryan is a doom draw for EVERYONE.

See, now you're getting your gimmick confused.  You're anti-Shield now, not DB.  

C'mon man.  I know you're out of practice, but you're better than that!

He's in a post Punk Funk.  Why, he doesn't even hold the "likes" crown anymore....

He's in a post Punk Funk.  Why, he doesn't even hold the "likes" crown anymore....

Fat Spanish Waiter is the CM Punk of Likes. Even when he had the most, he was never the top guy.

• Like 11

Who took it? I checked a week ago and I was still the king.

It doesn't matter, when you add my post count on top of my likes (buyrates plus merch sales) I'm clearly not Punk. I'm Hogan in '87.

That only works if Hogan bought 4,500 t.v.s and ordered Summerslam 4,500 times.

I'm a pop culture sensation actually. Remember when CM Punk wanted to be me?

I was so sad the board crash happened right after that.  It should have been a crowning moment.  There also should have been way more Amanda Bynes discussion.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter, when you add my post count on top of my likes (buyrates plus merch sales) I'm clearly not Punk. I'm Hogan in '87.

You're the Miz in 2011. A mild following. A decently fun act with Alex Riley,the Mania main event, but come on, let's be realistic.

You're the Miz in 2011. A mild following. A decently fun act with Alex Riley,the Mania main event, but come on, let's be realistic.

I don't know.  FSW has taken on some top heels.  He may not be face of the company material, but he's worthy of his own comp. tape.

I think Bryan's sometimes inconsistent selling is more a reflection of Regal's influence than any desire to look more like a main eventer.