DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

Yes it was in Origins as well.  It wasn't quite as tough as in Arkham City, or maybe it was just that after spending hours on it City, I got more attuned to it.  But like, man enough of that jazz already.  It's not really a fun side mission, and you don't need the supreme gliding skills that badly.

What I would like from the game:

- Joker stays dead.  Maybe Batman can see a vision or hallucination, but he's DEAD, DEAD, DEAD.  

- For Arkham Knight to be an actual person and not copout bullshit like the Joker or say Batman going nutty ala Two-Face as The Judge.  Also it shouldn't be Azrael either.

- The remote claw or something similar.  Works so much better than the line launcher.

- Return of the triple batarang.

- Return of the ultra batclaw

- Want to have the Batcave to visit like I can in Origins.  Though it looks like it will be Oracle's lair this time.  

- I kind of don't want to see Batman retire or die.  I don't want this to be Dark Knight Rises.  I want to see an "end" to the Arkham trilogy but not necessarily Batman.

- Hoping the Riddler races aren't tedious and a chore to get through.

- All physical challenges can be completed whenever and in any order like in Arkham City.

- If we get DLC, I'd like to see Rocksteady take it a step further and make some episodic DLC.  So instead of like an epilogue, what I wouldn't mind seeing is a DLC where you are Robin dealing with his side of the story concurrent to Batman's.  Nightwing finally gets something to do in his own one (episode 2) since he was kind of shortchanged in the last game.  

- Batman stop being a dick some of the time and actually show a little vulnerability to his friends.  Have him show them how much they mean to him. 

- Want to take the Batmobile up to the gates of Arkham Asylum and maybe even Wayne Manor.  

Good list TheVileOne. Particularly agree with the return of the Triple Batarang, Ultra Batclaw and better treatment by Batman to his allies.

Forgot to add to my list that I'd welcome a return to Arkham Asylum where it all began.

More fuel to the fire of Arkham Knight's identity:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BestBuy/status/450392029093441536 

Reads like broken English, but...Damian Wayne?!

What's next for Rocksteady?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/03/31/after-arkham-knight-what-39-s-next-for-rocksteady.aspx

Also, new pic of the extreme environment suit for the Cold, Cold Heart DLC for Arkham Origins

1964981_563152933783451_1988976180_n.jpg

Not buying anything else for Arkham Origins I can get behind. Arkham City was awesome. But those screenshots are from Arkham Knight, which should be awesome too.

But does it make the main game playable?

It doesn't patch anything that hasn't already been patched, if that's what you're asking. 

The DLC is good. Encountered no bugs or glitches. The game has a great start but falls back in it's old pattern after the first half hour. Which basically means more of the same with a new gimmick or two. Then again,that was Origins in a nutshell; more of the same with a few new things.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't like how they changed the Harley model so much from the last two games, other than that, fucking AWESOME.

And I'm pretty sure its obivious who Arkham Knight is.

I prefer the Scarecrow voice actor from Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Comic book spoiler related to the Arkham Knight:

Not going to happen but I'd welcome the Arkham Knight taken from Grant Morrison's Three Ghosts of Batman story.

• 2 weeks later...