DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Looks like the first of the King's Fall challenge modes is out today as well. Doesn't really look like much of a challenge. All you have to do is beat the Warpriest with a different aura holder for each phase. I don't think we've ever had a designated aura holder for that encounter, we just use whoever happens to be on the last rune. The rewards are a 310 artifact and 310 weapon on normal, a 320 artifact and 320 weapon on hard plus an emblem and one of the 3 missing calcified fragments on either difficulty.

Probably not enough to get me out of my semi-retirement at the moment while i play through my ever growing backlog of other games.

Shocker - challenge mode has started and all the regular raiders are bitching that it's too easy

While i'm not complaining if i ever give it a try, its basically 2 free 320 pieces of gear for plying how we played anyway, i expected the challenge mode to be something more than "play the game how we intended" as the challenge. There's so little to do that's worthwhile in the endgame right now, i was hoping for something new, or at least modified. Either way, its not enough to bring me back yet.

Shocker - challenge mode has started and all the regular raiders are bitching that it's too easy

I have discovered that I do not hate the game so much as I hate the community at the boards.

I have discovered that I do not hate the game so much as I hate the community at the boards.

I think the problem is that this just isn't the game the hardcores want it to be. They get themselves hyped up over every comment Bungie makes that there's no way it can live up to their expectations. That being said, Bungie does over hype things a bit causing some of the disappointment.

Law of Rippa #1

That is also JT's Law of the Internet #2 aka There will inevitably be occasions when I will totally hate the internet communities that are made up of the fans of stuff that I also like.

I love DVDVR but it is not an exception to this law.  There are times when this board slowly pushes me towards alcoholism.

• Like 1

I really don't know why I am bothering to even spend the 15-20 minutes doing daily stuff

I honestly dont think I have seen a person on my Xbox One Friend list playing the game since Fallout 4 came out (not to mention all the other stuff that just came out)

I really don't know why I am bothering to even spend the 15-20 minutes doing daily stuff

I honestly dont think I have seen a person on my Xbox One Friend list playing the game since Fallout 4 came out (not to mention all the other stuff that just came out)

I am going to take a pass on the usual Morning Vanguarding since I am working swing shift.  I don't have any weapons to level up so there is  no sense in running bounties every day. 

If I need faction with FWC, I just buy Special and Heavy weapon synths when I am at the Glimmer cap and shuttle them to Laskhmi-2.

I will hit the Weekly Heroics for the LMs and the LE and do the Nightfall if randoms invite me.  I will tackle my PvP stuff on the weekends when I am back at my place and have a stable internet connection.

I'll get back to working on my active quests once I am back on dayshift and can roll with the DARPA crew in the evenings.  Speaking of active quests, my next First Curse quest step should go live tomorrow on Armsday.  I still need to keep building rep with Banshee and Petra.  I need to hit Rank 3 with QW before the quest for the Boolean Gemini unlocks for me.

Ran the Nightfall and got Coins but the Super Shank had the good taste to drop the Devouring Maw helmet for the future Stormcaller I will build someday.  Now I have to invest in a pair of The Impossible Machines when Xur sells them.

You would have to have a One for that to happen

You got rid of your 360.  I think he still has his, he just doesn't play it that often.

I have my 360. Just not my copy of Destiny.

And yeah - good luck convincing Mis to play Destiny again, especially on the 360

Oh, he's on hiatus and likes it that way.  Probably better for his health.  The only guys I see from that old crew that still plays Destiny are Fadeless RULE and RTH CORNDOG.  I think that Damian, Slimy, and Saggine have all moved on to Black Ops.

Well and Rainbow Six

Damian and I will chat when we are both playing Fallout. He pretty much said he really wont play Destiny unless a bunch of people are doing so.

Slimy is always on Netflix or Youtube now. Last I heard - something was up with him but no one exactly knew what.

While Sparrow racing doesn't do much for me, i know there were a lot of people asking for this so i'm sure it will be a success. Running it for pretty much all of December probably means Bungie are on auto pilot for the holidays which is fair enough. Seems kind of lacking with only 2 tracks but i'm guessing this is just a test run and it will return as a monthly event with more tracks and gear. The downside is this probably means no December Iron Banner if it's on for the next 3 weeks. I wanted my damn Titan helm!

I'll give it a dabble at some point just to try it out but i don't think this will be the thing to pull me back to Destiny just yet. Strangely enough the only thing bringing me back at this point is the Iron Banner (and my obsession with not having incomplete sets of gear). The game mode i like least is the only thing i come back for each month right now.

Unless of course Sparrow racing is as much fun as Mario Kart, then i'll never leave!