DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Well it's certainly not going to help XBOX players to return

I'm not too fussed over the exclusives, if they drop for me great, all I want is the Titan helm (and the Hunter helm just to complete the set).

Couldn't find much details on it but there seems to be a Sparrow log book which you need to spend silver on that may be linked to getting gear. I'm hoping that's not true. They initially said they would never sell gear or weapons I believe. If that's the case and they are going in a round about way of selling one item to earn others, that will piss off the remaining 50%

After looking at some of the details from the reveal it seems there will be an Iron Banner in December. And what will probably my piss off 50% of the players, it's coming with additional playstation exclusive gear.

Not sure why Xbox people are still angry about that.  We already know the score.

Paradox is the daily today so NTTE challenge is up.  It is also the 7th day of the month which means you can work on your Sleeper Stimulant quests.

Here are the racing league notes (nothing on the patch updates yet)

For all you Sparrow lovers out there, Amanda Holliday has always been your dealer. Sparrow Racing League will be her event. She'll grant access to all players of Destiny: The Taken King, who will earn rewards as they cross the finish line again and again:

Obtain your SRL Licence Quest and SRL Bounties
Earn a new Sparrow as part of the SRL Quest
Upgrade your reputation by completing SRL Bounties
Each Race is a chance to earn SRL gear and Shaders
The higher your reputation, the better the post-game drops
Helmets and Class Items can drop with up to 320 Light
Helmets and Class Items with Light can be used for Infusion
All other SRL gear has no Light, but features racing perks

The mission of the Eververse Trading Company is make the game of Destiny a little more fun, equipping you with more options for customization and creative expression. Sparrow Racing League will be no exception. Check in with Tess in the Tower to peruse the following:

New emotes to celebrate the thrill of speed and competition
ToolKits that include stylish (but equally fast) Sparrows
ToolKits that include Horns to let you signal your approach
A new Record Book to provide more challenge and reward
Complete challenges to earn vanity gear with 3 Light
Collect an exclusive emblem and a shader
Commemorate your SRL stats after the event is over
SRL Helmets and Class Items acquired via the Record Book can be Infused to immortalize your status as a racing champion!

These changes to their vendor storefronts and inventories take effect when the December Update arrives.

So do the helms and class items drop as rewards or do you need to buy the record book. It mentions both as a way to get the items unless the record book has it's own unique versions.

I'll try my hand at it at some point this week. I'd like some higher level helms. The only 310+ helm I've got is a 313 Warlock Iron Banner one. Oryx has never dropped one for me. Hell, I've never seen him drop one for anyone I've played with!

While they've not confirmed it directly, based on them dodging the question at that Sony thing last weekend and a recent interview it seems there won't be any DLC for year 2. Instead, they are releasing mini events like the Festival and SRL and whatever else they come up with throughout the year.

That works for me. If there was a DLC pack I'd probably buy it and be sucked back into the game. With smaller events you can just pick and choose which you participate in without loosing out or falling behind on gear.

I can see it going down badly for the hardcores though without any new content. Unless they spring some surprise missions or a raid later in the year.

Jason Schreier is pretty plugged-in to the behind the scenes action at Bungie. My guess is that he knows there's no DLC from a different source at Bungie that doesn't want him to publish it, so he's using that nebulous interview as a way to get it out there without burning his source.

I will be disappointed if there isn't another raid or PoE-type addition at some point over the next year.

I actually find myself missing PoE a little bit and would gladly accept another challenge from Variks.

I don't expect there to be any major DLC for Destiny coming out ever.  Microsoft and Sony are slowly withdrawing support for major titles from previous gen machines. 

It will be cheaper for companines to dev for XBone only and a lot more profitable for M$ as they prod the last few 360 holdouts to buy current gen consoles if they want to keep playing popular franchises. 

Sparrow racing is fairly straight forward

Races seem to always be close unless you get someone who already has done like 500 races

Good news for folks who don't like Crucible - you get Crucible rep in sparrow races

I've not had chance to instal the patch yet but looking over the SRL info it seems, at the moment, just playing a game counts as a win regardless of where you place. That's why the 3oC work, they should only work on a Crucible win. That means any bounties or quests that require a win in the crucible all count for racing. This includes The Last Word part of the Jolly Holliday quest.

Looks like exotic boot engrams are final dropping too! And they're broken. They decode into nothing. So if you get one keep hold of it until Bungie patch their patch.

Another change with the patch (which I didn't remember seeing in the Patch Notes)

Petra will now take Etheric Light for 150 Queens rep

Yay?!?!?!?!

Easy Rep if you have a clan or friends to help out.  PoE is fairly simple for 40s and there are vids of fireteams killing Skolas almost instantly with Sleeper Stimulant shots after doing the running around..

Matter of fact, there are vids of players soloing Skolas with SS and obliterating him before the encounter gets started.

Sparrow racing is fairly straight forward

Races seem to always be close unless you get someone who already has done like 500 races

Good news for folks who don't like Crucible - you get Crucible rep in sparrow races

Then they should keep the content permanent because it sounds like a viable alternative to deathmatch PvP.

What is nice is also that Sparrow races are quicker than Crucible matches as they clock in around 5-6 minutes.

I am not really sure the purpose of having enemies on the track is since I haven't noticed them affecting the race (the two times I blew up my sparrow was because I drove straight into a spinning blade at full speed and the other time was a I drove off a cliff.

It feels a little cheap successfully completing bounties because you need to finish in the Top 3 and there were only 3 people in the race because 3 guys dropped out but whatever...

.It feels a little cheap successfully completing bounties because you need to finish in the Top 3 and there were only 3 people in the race because 3 guys dropped out but whatever...

It is about time this game had some low hanging fruit.  SRL is a great way to get those skill nodes leveled up on new characters and get yourself some PvP rep without firing a shot in anger.  I fail to see a downside.

I'm a sucker for new emotes, but I do have one request...

Can a brotha' get a Heisman pose? It'd be the perfect time to drop one. I'd be willing to drop $5 to get my Desmond Howard on.

So FFXIV is still annoying me with its shitty lag and I'm thinking of trying Destiny on PS4.  Do I need to get the expansion right off the bat?  Am I missing out on anything?

The game is pretty much unplayable with out buying Taken King... so buying a used version of the original Destiny isn't the best.

That being said - I am not sure you can buy anything but the Taken King: Legendary Edition (which includes all the DLC that has been released minus the free patch stuff)

So FFXIV is still annoying me with its shitty lag and I'm thinking of trying Destiny on PS4.  Do I need to get the expansion right off the bat?  Am I missing out on anything?

The game is pretty much unplayable with out buying Taken King... so buying a used version of the original Destiny isn't the best.

That being said - I am not sure you can buy anything but the Taken King: Legendary Edition (which includes all the DLC that has been released minus the free patch stuff)

That's fine - I don't have an issue buying the expansion straight away, especially if it's pretty much needed.  It's $60 at GameStop right now so it's only the cost of a regular game. 

I see that the set comes with a level 25 boost; should I take it, or go ahead and start at 1?  I'm leaning toward the latter so I can learn the game.