DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you/share?video=1.4611686018429832429.2305843009215346521&version=2

Im on my phone, cant remember the bbcode to create a link to a video or whatever. Theres a thing going on over at destinythegame.com where you put in your gt and create a personalized trailer for the taken king, the above is for my hunter.

Aw, that just has my stats.  I was sorta hoping there would be action footage of my Hunter's character model.

Holy crap, I have killed a lot of Cabal.

...sadly i didnt get shit from killing skolas on friday.

At least you got to play.  I didn't get any game time at all this weekend but helping out with my may as well be my wife's daughter's baby shower kept me out of the doghouse. 

I'll be on this afternoon for a bit and see if a couple of the homies are around to help me scratch Urrox.   If no one is online by dinner time, I will put some more 18K into the ground on Sleeping Dogs and then suffer through RAW.

I am Top 1% for Crucible kills

Of course I am pretty sure I am also 1% for Crucible deaths too

Yeah my Titans was a little skewed, told me i was top 7% in the world for Crucible ratio. I've only used my Titan in the Crucible for the past week, and that was after i got good at Crucible with my Warlock. He's probably played less than 50 games. That seems to be the way to go, become a killing machine, delete all your characters to get rid of the bad stats, and start again with a perfect score!

I admittedly dont religiously read the thread since i stopped playing.

However, i think i did that commercial maybe 10 times so far watching the pregame for west ham v newcastle.

Is this King guy related to the creepy twins?

The Taken King is Crota's dad. Crota was the boss from the second raid if you jumped off before then. He was a Hive God. Oryx, The Taken King, is a little pissed because we killed his kid.

Speaking of Crota, we decided to get one more Crota's End run in tonight before the expansion tomorrow.

Firstly, didn't notice last night but you now get Eris rep at each checkpoint of the raid. And it goes above rank 4 now. I got around 370 rep for a normal mode run through. Secondly, glitchiest run ever! We got across the bridge only to be met with constantly re-spawning Gatekeepers. The ones that are unkillable if you don't have the sword, that was fun. Once we got to Crota, the first time he followed us into the crystal room after the first sword, the second time there were no wolfpack rounds from the Gjallarhorns. He eventually died. I got nothing but shards and energies the entire way through. Yay.

Year one vip rewards are available for pickup at the tower kiosks.

Ive saved all my bounties to turn in tomorrow across all 3 characters, over 400 motes of light, 277 strange coins (probably more), and a bunch of vanguard, crucible, cryptarch, and public event packages to unwrap in the morning for all 3 characters... I think im ready.

Oryx...just like Atheon, just like Skolas, just like your fukboi son, im coming for you...and im going to make you my bitch.

HOLY SHIT. I just had an amazing experience playing Rift with my level 3 hunter.

I'm sure I mentioned recently that I'm pretty shitty with the sniper in PvP. Well, I just laid down FIVE sniper headshot kills in rapid succession with the shitty LEVEL ONE, FIVE ATTACK Calcutta-LR2 sniper. Like, the first special weapon you get in the game.

I laid down almost the whole damn team as they came running for the spark on Frontier. That might be the most epic thing I've ever done in PvP in this game. And Lord Shaxx was MARKING THE FUCK OUT FOR ME. It was the stuff of Youtube videos, I tell you.

Year one vip rewards are available for pickup at the tower kiosks.

Ive saved all my bounties to turn in tomorrow across all 3 characters, over 400 motes of light, 277 strange coins (probably more), and a bunch of vanguard, crucible, cryptarch, and public event packages to unwrap in the morning for all 3 characters... I think im ready.

Oryx...just like Atheon, just like Skolas, just like your fukboi son, im coming for you...and im going to make you my bitch.

I think I might have gone overboard with some doomsday bunker like preparation since there's not been a whole lot to do in game for a few weeks. I've got all the Vanguard, Cryptarch and factions ready to pop, even though you can only change factions once can week now. And I've got about 60-70k in xp from bounties and public events packages waiting to be cashed in. I think I'm sitting on around 500 motes, 600 strange coins, over 2000 weapons parts, maybe 3000 in armour upgrades once I convert the old stuff and about 350 heavy synths. I may be a hoarder...

Me and a friend are going to have some sort of Christmas morning parcel opening tonight after work, hopefully get some fancy new gear, then put a couple of hours play time in. Unfortunately I'm pretty busy this week so I won't be able to get a huge amount in until Sunday but I should be able to get a couple of sessions in in the evenings. Going to try and get 1 character at least up to speed and take a look at the raid over the weekend!

HOLY SHIT. I just had an amazing experience playing Rift with my level 3 hunter.

I'm sure I mentioned recently that I'm pretty shitty with the sniper in PvP. Well, I just laid down FIVE sniper headshot kills in rapid succession with the shitty LEVEL ONE, FIVE ATTACK Calcutta-LR2 sniper. Like, the first special weapon you get in the game.

I laid down almost the whole damn team as they came running for the spark on Frontier. That might be the most epic thing I've ever done in PvP in this game. And Lord Shaxx was MARKING THE FUCK OUT FOR ME. It was the stuff of Youtube videos, I tell you.

I love that Shaxx starts loosing his shit over multi kills now.

Had a quick look, trying to stay away from spoilers until I get home from work. Seems the cryptarch gives you 1 green 'deceptive engram' per account (not character) which turns into a year 1 exotic you don't have. Looks line it can be bounty exotics too like Thorn, Bad juju, etc. So there's a good chance Xbox players will get a ps exclusive.

RIP Urrox.  My PoE villain card set is complete.  Between my new Lord of Wolves, Abyss Defiant, Bones of Eao, and several GHorn rounds, Urrox was not much of a challenge.

Only one more... FIFTEEN NEW EXALTED HIVE CARDS~!?  SHIT~!

Logged on long enough to get my Year One emblem.   Looks like all of my VIP stuff is already in my collection inventory.

I need to buy some Red Bull so I can unlock this new mission.

I think I may finally build a second character for this while also finally maxing out my Warlock (I jumped him to level 33 last night after collecting a couple of bounties). I am also trying to slowly build his sunsinger ability for Self-Res.

The 2.0 bounties just seem more simplified and weird to me.

What's the popular opinion on the Hunter/Titan for a second character debate? I am sure I'll have all 3 within a few months. I know Titans were necessary for year one thanks to Bubble Shield, but is that even going to be necessary with Taken King?

Fucking hawkmoon from a green engram

It is happening a lot.  A random exotic decodes from the green engram.  Seems like it is by design.

For those wondering where the green engram comes from, you need to be eligible for Year One VIP rewards. Halfway through the Veteran's Tour quest in the tower you visit the Cryptarch. He offers you an Engram that appears to be painted green. When you accept it it appears to give you an exotic Year 1 weapon.

Not everyone is getting a PS exclusive exotic.  Some people report getting Thorn or one of the EWB exotics.