DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

It would have also helped if you had bought heavy ammo syns before we started :-P

I'm gonna save my Weapon Core because I really don't need another void heavy weapon

It would have also helped if you had bought heavy ammo syns before we started :-P

LIke I said last night, the bullshit with Qodron was far worse than last night.  I burned through ten HW synths and five SW synths in the course to killing that mother fucker and I didn't think to buy more before hitting Kaliks.  I got some from Xur this morning while everyone in the world came online today to buy Gally.

Kaliks was a chore because we had the misfortune to die at the worst possible times.  Once we got Chad on board with the keep your ass moving vibe, we were okay.  He is a very line in the sand none shall pass kinda Titan which isn't always good, especially when you are playing down one level under the enemy.

Grounded can kiss my ass.  Getting lit up like Paris, France in the summer while coming in on revive runs was not fun.

No, what you don't needs is a HW with Fallen bane perks that does not do dick against Arc shields.  Why in the hell is that thing designed to do Void Damage?  All of Variks's Heavy and Special slot Judgment weapons should do Arc damage.

I know there is a logic behind it (re: using coins for synths) - but I always just spend glimmer at the gun smith for my synths so I never have to worry about that

It is a better deal if you have the coins.  Nearly 900 Glimmer for one HW Synth is almost highway robbery.  You can get HW synths from Eris for five Black Wax Idols or from Variks for 1 Ether Seed and 250 Glimmer but you have to have faction rank with them first and even that isn't the bargain that 5 HW synths for one Strange Coin is.

I get mine from Variks when Xur is not around now that I have the HoJ rank to do it since I always have a million Ether Seeds on me and am usually close to the Glimmer cap.

Your PoE boss troubles are all over with now if you've all got Gjallarhorns.

Kaliks? Damage until Either dregs are out, kill them, burn with Gally. Estimated kill time? 2 mins.

Qodron? Titan bubble in entrance, burn with Gally before the Eye is out. Kill time? 40 seconds.

Hive Ogre/Knight? Gally wizards, snipe Ogre/Knight head off. Kill time? 3-4 mins.

Cabal Turkey? Kill adds, Gally. Kill time? 2 mins.

Shit, that gun really is over powered...

Well its my easy way to get down from the glimmer cap - I get 5 or 6 and then I have some room to work with and then just repeat the process in a couple of days

Well, now you should have a GHorn to level up over the weekend and you can more effectively help me blow shit up in the PoE.  Maybe we can both get this fucking Year One emblem now?

Your PoE boss troubles are all over with now if you've all got Gjallarhorns.

Kaliks? Damage until Either dregs are out, kill them, burn with Gally. Estimated kill time? 2 mins.

Qodron? Titan bubble in entrance, burn with Gally before the Eye is out. Kill time? 40 seconds.

Hive Ogre/Knight? Gally wizards, snipe Ogre/Knight head off. Kill time? 3-4 mins.

Cabal Turkey? Kill adds, Gally. Kill time? 2 mins.

Shit, that gun really is over powered...

This is what I am counting on.  :)  With everyone able to carpet bomb Crota and Skolas, I can get my last Triumph node filled before the deadline.

Yeah I am trying to not be like Mis and buy 3 g-horns

I think I will just have the one and trading it between characters

I bought two exotic engrams and got the same pair of gauntlets for my Hunter. I am totally spacing on what they were though. I am sure I will break both down though.

We played through the weeklies yesterday without using a horn, Christ does Omnigul take a pounding without it! It's kind of fun playing the game again not using one, you don't notice how reliant you've become on it.

I don't really break out GHorn as often as I used to.  Now that Crucible is patched so that you cannot mug players for purple anymore, I have gone from packing GHorn as my PvP exotic to using The Last Word or Patience & Time.

I don't usually break out GHorn during Strikes either.  I'm usually sniping with P&T or I am using a Legendary AR / Shotgun load-out. 

The only time I really use Gally is during Raids or while on Patrol to murder Majors and Elites in a hurry so I can get the morning Vanguarding over with.

Almost forgot.  I will be at my crib this weekend but my woman has barely seen me in a week thanks to work and fucking Straight Outta Compton starts this weekend so I will be hitting the theaters at least once. 

If I am on, it will be for brief flashes since my woman will probably want quality time with me.  We still have to binge watch last week's USA shows.

I will sire up for any raids that are going on if we are all online at the same time.  Still in the hunt for an Arc damage primary in the hopes of getting a evnetual showdown with Skolas.

I also need to clear like seven Crucible bounties out of my queue.

Given the timing of this sale, I don't see how Bungie can pretend they don't control Xur's inventory with a straight face anymore.

From what i understand from when people were data mining the game for info. There was a random Xur that was truly random and a second Xur that Bungie could use to replace him when they wanted control. They had also removed Gjallarhorn from the 'random' Xurs loot table. I'm assuming from Xur's little screw up a few weeks ago when he had no weapon that whatever they did to add the Ghorn back into Xur's inventory may have caused random Xur to accidentally sell it early and they quickly removed it. But buy that time Xur was already in the Tower and it was too late to replace him entirely with one of their own choosing.

Like the vikings will be relevant in december...pfft

Gjally 1 is fully upgraded, as is the nechrochasm. Almost have the fang ready for an ethiric light now too.

JT, i have a hard save on the templar in the vault if you are wanting a shot at fatebringer...

Ive also got a normal mode gorgon cp, fwiw. Im going to try and roll that templar save over to next week (as to help people get a quick ahot at fatebringer), but we can beat him this week with a couple of ghorns, heavy synth, and quality sniping with just 3 people fairly easy.

That being said, i really wish trading was in the game...ive got two fatebringers, 4 timepieces, and i lost cound on oversoul edicts. Not to mention two extra crux of crotas i wont be needing.

I enjoy helping people out, i know how hard it is to grind to get stuff, and how god awful the rng is...

• Like 1

I have began the long, boring, process of preparing for The Taken King. Doing the same routine i did for when House of Wolves was released. Leveling up all the factions to a few points below popping so i can push them over on the 15th to get all those faction packages with all their sweet sweet new TTK legendaries and, more than likely, useless rares.

I've got the Cryptarch and the Vanguard almost ready on all 3 characters and Dead Orbit is a little over half done on each. The problem will be the Hunter, i only created one 3 months ago when HoW was released. I've not even touched New Monarchy or Future War Cult. The plus side to that is if i get them up there in time they will be sitting ready to roll over on rank 3, and rank 3 is the only guaranteed legendary drop.

There's still 4 weeks of Nightfalls and weeklies left to do though so that's another 4000 rep to go into factions. Hopefully i wont have to do too many bounties because, god damn, have they got repetitive!

• Like 1

We 3 manned the Vault tonight just to see if we could do it. Then did it again just to make sure it wasn't luck. It was surprisingly easy and only took 1hr 18mins. And that was with a lot of dicking about with the new Hunter boots to try and get to different places. We thought the Conflux would be the hard part so we did some prep work. Heavy ammo glitched the first wave so we could just nuke the next two then...didn't need any, we completed it without a wipe or using the stacks of heavy kicking about. I even tried running Relic on the Templar for the first time and after making a stupid mistake on my first attempt, killed him on my second. Had to get creative on Atheon due to there only being 3 of us and 3 get teleported. We had a warlock kill himself before the teleport, then self resurrect after the other 2 had gone. All went well the first run, we killed him without a wipe. Second run through we wiped once only to come up with the problem of not having a super to self res. Got around it by letting the super build up as much as possible before the teleportation, then everyone killing themselves. Rinse and repeat 7 or 8 times and the super was full.

The loot was underwhelming. All i needed was boots on my Hunter, which i naturally didn't get. I got Hunter arms, a Found Verdict, Visions and a Hard Light between the 2 runs. And a crap tone of shards/energies.

• Like 2

Finally did it, got to Mercury. Was really just after the chest piece on each character. Played this afternoon and we got to 7-0 and then lost twice. Went back tonight with my Titan and we got to 6-0 and lost twice. Decided to scrap the card and go for flawless. Ended up having to use the mercy pretty early after 5 wins and the last couple matches were really tight but we pulled it out. Got my fancy emblem and a void Messenger plus etheric light and some passage coins out of the chest. So I ended up with 7 etheric light over the weekend between my three characters from trials. Out of the last package from Vance I got gauntlets too which I didn't have for the Titan. I have full trials gear for my hunter and I'm missing just one piece on the Titan and two on the warlock now.

• Like 1

Good results on the vog hm speed run from templar for JT, i am very pleased.

Somebody got a good weapon drop finally.

We really kicked the shit out of atheon, huh?

VoG speed run was epic.  I finally got Fatebringer which I hope to shove into Skolas's earhole before the Triumph deadline. Cannot thank you guys enough.

Also got a Timebreaker so the Hold On To Boost Until The Sparrow Explodes box is checked on my Destiny career.  I can also check off the Do The Jumping Puzzle To Get Down To The Vault block.   Took three attempts but finally cracked the code.

Atheon died almost as fast as I could aim a rocket at him.  Jeez.

If you're offering to help me with Skolas I'm definitely accepting as soon as I get Fatebringer up to 365 and hopefully when Skolas has stips that aren't team crippling like Angry or Lightswitch.  I'm hoping he has stuff like Solar Burn, Brawler, or Small Arms on him after Reset tomorrow.

My newly ascended Shroud of Veils is a 365 sniper rifle, does Arc Damage, and is a Captain bane weapon so that is the Secondary I plan to use.

Yeah, that team i got together for that run was like a murderers row for vog.

I still need to kill skolas as well, but there will be no more "burns" on hkm skmce that patch a while back. Bungie got pissed because people were ghorning him to death in 45 seconds when solar burn was on, so they nerfed his health, set enemies to spawn at health intervals instead of the timer, and took the burns away for skolas' round.

I honestly believe a found verdict at 365 would serve you better for the adds (captains) than a sniper rifle, from what my guys are telling me anyway.

That being said, i still have a templar save Phil, in case you want to try and get a fatebringer or timepiece this evening.

I think varicks is also still selling a fallen themed armor this week, it would come in handy for that, looks be damned. It is going to be an uphill battle regardless, just because we are fighting enemies thats higher level than we are. Whatever slight edge we can get could be the difference in ashing that bastard, and shutting it down with our tails between our legs.

Nice work getting to Mercury. I still need both sets of arms to complete my Warlock Trials gear, I just don't really enjoy the Crucible and usually lack the motivation to get it started.

I think Skolas has only had 3 rotating sets of modifiers since they took the burns away: Angry/Catapult, Brawler/Juggler and Small Arms/Lightswitch. For your first run I'd say Brawler and Juggler is the best combination to go for. You don't want to be fighting Fallen Captains hand to hand but if the situation comes up, better to stack the deck in your favour. And Juggler can be used to your advantage with an increased amount of heavy dropping.

With only 3 resets left before the deadline though you might just have to take what you're given. It's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be though. Don't listen to those horror stories of people taking 8-10 hours to do it, I have no idea how it takes them that long. Out worst time was just under 3 hours. And that wasn't even Skolas causing the problems but that damn 'eliminate the target' Fallen round on out first or second try. Our best was about 50 mins. Go in with a couple of decent players, and as long as one of you has some experience and can direct traffic, you'll get it done.