DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Sucker

When I am a Nightstalker clad in black and shooting dudes in the head with my Hakke sidearm, all will be right with the world.  I will sort out the new console shit later.

When you are a Nightstalker clad in black and shooting dudes all by yourself on the 360

I will create a new clan called Destiny Daycare and start that business I mentioned earlier.   You know my online orphans on 360 will look out for me until I get an XBone.

I am seeing shit in the Bungie threads about people getting benefactor packages again.  Bailing for home in a few minutes to check this out.... after I get me a Red Bull from the 7-11.

Also, i tried quad jumpimg in vog and could not on my xb1 earlier, but it works fine in patrol...so idk. I made a video and put it in my feed, maybe Phil can confirm this so im not hallucinating or something

If you dont have saggine bo or budy wiser on your friends list, i suggest you add them JT

Also, i tried quad jumpimg in vog and could not on my xb1 earlier, but it works fine in patrol...so idk. I made a video and put it in my feed, maybe Phil can confirm this so im not hallucinating or something

If you dont have saggine bo or budy wiser on your friends list, i suggest you add them JT

Budy and Fadeless are on my Friend List. I will add Bo next time he is in the party.

Xbox Live shit the bed but finally came back online around 8PM last night.  Got back online to help a couple of friends with PoE 32.  Both of them were running as Defenders.

We beat Qodron but it took forever because we had the worst draw in rounds.

1. Overmind Minotaur

2. Defend Mine Zones

3. Pilot Servitor

4. Targets

5. Qodron

The first two rounds were the hardest.  We died a lot in 1-2 but sailed through 3 and 4.  Qodron killed us a bunch of times because the third guy was so focused on killing him that he did not seem to notice the millions of Vex flanking us. It also did not help that we were lagging like crazy or that both of them were panic dropping their Wards to protect themselves without realizing that mistimed bubbles could cause rockets to blow up in our faces or keep us from taking out Qodron's containment field.

After Death #5 of Round 5, we got our shit together and put Qodron down.  I reeled everyone in and went into General JT mode.  Came up with the plan.

No one popped their Ward without me saying so and I designated one Defender to kill the Eye of Qodron (the Vex minion that gives you a perk that gives you bonus damage against Qodron's containment field) while the other helped me kill adds and we all sniped or fired rockets at Qodron when we had clear shots. 

Had them switch their melee perks:  Defender on Eye Killer duty used Disintegrate / Gift of Light for orb production while the Defender helping me kill adds had Disintegrate / Unbreakable to give him extra defense so he wouldn't die so often.

When the Eye Killer had the Jailbreaker perk, we huddled together in our hiding place and shot our way out of the containment bubble. 

Once Qodron's Containment Field of Death was down, both Defenders dropped bubbles in the same spot: one with Weapons of Light and the other with Blessing of Light.

Both ran with Gift of the Void so that the incoming fire from the adds would give us more orbs to work with.  Told the guy helping me with adds to stop shooting rockets at Vex minions.  Rockets were for QODRON ONLY~!  and I had him switch from Iron Harvest to Illuminated to give us more Blessing of Light defense to work with when he dropped his Ward.

After that everything was tense, but ran almost like clockwork.  The odd death now and then, but we were close together so we never ran the risk of wiping trying to save a team member.  At one point, both of them died at the same time and shit got real but I had Stalker so I could make saves.  I was lucky that we had just broken a containment field and they both died within a second of each other, so I was able to make a double revive just in time for us to team break another field and keep the fight going.

After a couple of tense moments and what seemed like hours of constant fighting, we finally bug bit Qodron to near death.  I noticed on an add clearing Arc Blade run that Qodron was on wobbly legs so I made the call to make the final push. Do or Die time.

I covered the Defenders while they popped HW Synths while I pulled out P&T.  We went apeshit and threw the kitchen sink at the bastard.  I though I scored the kllshot but Grimoire card says otherwise. 

I almost cried when Qodron snuffed it.  Felt like I won the WWE World Title.

Same guys are going to try to do PoE 34 tonight.  I'm saving the Armor Core from last night to get a Judgement's Chance with the Weapon Core I will get from the run on PoE 34 today, provided that we win  I'm hoping that RNGesus gives me a Six Dreg Pride and some Gauntlets or Boots that don't murder my Strength or Intellect.  Knowing my luck, I will get a Secondary or a Heavy that can stun Fallen Captains but doesn't do Arc Damage.  As useless as handlebars on a Ferrari.

You guys probably won't start VoG or CE until late.  I think the dudes I ran with are going to attempt to do 34 PoE early this afternoon or sometime around dinner, so if I am not totally frustrated with the game and the Smackdown spoilers suck, I am up for whatever raiding is going down tonight.

Got the husk today, took about an hour...already have it up to the eidolon stage. Should have necrochasm by thursda...maybe Friday.

I have an Eilodon Ally sitting on my Titan and it has been there since DB launch.  Why the Crux has such a low drop rate is beyond me.

I will help with CE if I see you guys online.   Another shot at an Oversoul Edict or a Fang to use on Skolas.  The Abyss Defiant I got from the last CE raid I was on is 331 out so I will nab it from my Vault.

• Like 1

If we get past 34 PoE tonight, my Grimoire score will be over 3400.  One of the crowning achievements of my Destiny career.

I should be online around 3PM this afternoon in prep for the 34 PoE and whatever else happens. I will farm Glimmer run until I see you guys online.  Used my last five HW synths in the 32 PoE last night.

I've killed Crota a ton of times...Never seen a crux drop.  Not for me or anyone in my group at any point.  Of course I deleted all my husks of the pit for vault space anyway because of the shittiness of the Necro so it doesn't really matter. 

JT you did Qodron right.  I always do the same thing.  I have one guy on Eye duty and he calls out the location and he's the dedicated jailbreaker so he has a high impact shotgun and the other two are on mob and Qodron duty but if the jailbreaker goes down at least everyone knows where the Eye is so roles can switch until that guy can be revived.  What I found works well though just for ease in the fight is actually using rockets on the mob of enemies at times and doing more high impact sniping on Qodron preferably with a weapons of light buff.  Keeps the group from being overwhelmed with mobs.  It's worked best for me in the back corner of the arena opposite of the door you come from.  But yeah, victory in that fight is one of the more satisfying things in this DLC. 

• Like 1

What I found works well though just for ease in the fight is actually using rockets on the mob of enemies at times and doing more high impact sniping on Qodron preferably with a weapons of light buff.  Keeps the group from being overwhelmed with mobs.

In retrospect, I should've let the guy helping me with adds use Iron Harvest and have him blast the Vex with rockets.  Would've given us a few more orbs to work with and rockets could mass kill a portion of the metric shit ton of Vex shooting at our position. 

Problem was that my add helper did not have a high impact sniper handy, so rockets and a Legendary pulse rifle were his beat means of doing damage to Qodron.  I needed him to save his rockets for Qodron and use his PR or his Invective to keep the Vex at bay and cover my ass when I went in with Arc Blade to take out Hobby majors and generate orbs for Wards.

I also wanted to prevent those two from blowing themselves up with rockets.  Between panic bubbles and bad luck, they suicided at least four times per person.  Had to set some sort of guideline about where and when to use boom tubes.

I've killed Crota a ton of times...Never seen a crux drop.  Not for me or anyone in my group at any point.  Of course I deleted all my husks of the pit for vault space anyway because of the shittiness of the Necro so it doesn't really matter. 

That's Destiny for you. A guy i play regularly with took 34 hard mode completions before the Crux dropped for him. I had 4 in 21.

Qodron is definitely the hardest of the PoE boss fights. If not for the 35 level disadvantage of Skolas i'd say Qodron might actually be more challenging. You can get killed through no fault of your own when that damn Eye just refuses to show up. And he was a lot harder the first week if you didn't just burn him. Thankfully the containment doesn't do as much damage as it used to and you can just about blow your way out if you've got full health and a good shotgun even without the Eye.

Thing is, come September when everyone is level 40, Qodron will still be some what of a challenge (though it will be harder for containment to kill you) where as i plan on making Skolas my bitch.

Well they usually drop the major patch at least a week before their major DLC so thats why I could see it soon.

This also could be Bungie's way of assisting people in trying to finish up Year One.

Like "okay - you need to finish the raids. Here..."

Of course he is

Must mean weapons patch is coming Tuesday

My thoughts exactly.  He's selling it just in time for the nerf to hit.

Well it took 2 hours but we finally fucking beat PoE 34

So happy since I desperately wanted the etheric light for my vision of confluence 

Chad is our age so that was all about three old men being stubborn.  Kaliks Reborn bites the ether thanks to the quick internet research shenanigans of Rippa because we weren't getting shit done on piss and vinegar alone. 

I was pretty frustrated so it did not dawn on me that we should be killing all of the adds and let Kaliks take the other Dreg majors off of the field for us by eating them to regain his health.  Once we settled down and made some tactical adjustments, we were all good.  .

I used my Weapon and Armor Corea on a Judgment's Chance and got a Shadow of Veils sniper rifle.  My "Kill Skolas" arsenal has its first item. 25 days is ticking by quickly.

PvP should be interesting this weekend as everyone runs around blowing shit up with G-Horns.  I hope they saved up some Ascendant Energies or plan to make VoG runs and do the Daily on max difficulty a bunch of times..  Gally is old school and she doesn't level up like HoW guns.