DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I was grinding to get crucible marks for my Hunter so I could get a better chest piece before using my etheric light so I did the Rumble bounty.

It wasn't too too bad but there are some maps that are WAY too fucking big for Rumble

Well since I am realizing they will never do sequels and I will be upgrading the game for the XBone - I hate myself a little less for eventually getting Taken King

I will hate you for you since I still have a 360.  I may invest in a refurb XBone on the cheap from GameStop if the bills are kind since I am a Power Rewards member.

I am just skeptical of refurb consoles, myself.

Would Gamestop give 10% off to PowerUp members for it though?

I was grinding to get crucible marks for my Hunter so I could get a better chest piece before using my etheric light so I did the Rumble bounty.

It wasn't too too bad but there are some maps that are WAY too fucking big for Rumble

I got an Etheric Light when I did this week's Nightfall.  I am tempted to use it on one of my alts but I should probably burn it on one of the weapons on my Hunter in prep for trying to kill Skolas.

Not sure if I should use it on one of my new CE element primary weapons or should I upgrade my Vestian Dynasty.

If you've got a Fang or Fatebringer I'd recommend ascending those for the 35. There's one round with Arc damage modifier (Cabal I think so you may prefer solar burn for their shields) and 3 Fallen rounds where the shields are Arc. Plus both Fallen bosses this week are small arms so it will rip through them.

If you've got a Fang or Fatebringer I'd recommend ascending those for the 35. There's one round with Arc damage modifier (Cabal I think so you may prefer solar burn for their shields) and 3 Fallen rounds where the shields are Arc. Plus both Fallen bosses this week are small arms so it will rip through them.

Unfortunately I got none of the Arc Burn weapons from CE.  Figures.

The prayer is that someone will run VoG hard before the weekend and Fatebringer will fall into my lap.  Then I try to find a group doing 35 PoE before Reset. 

Yeah, time is a tickin'.  I may as well pray for sissy stips for Skolas after Reset Day but with my luck it will be something dumb like Angry and Lightswitch or Airborne and Arc Burn.

For fucks sake dont waste ethiric light on armor. You can buy the armor with an armor core from the 32 poe, WHICH WILL HELP YOU ON 35 POE. I also wouldnt use that ethiric light on a word of crota either...use it for a fang of ir yut, fatebringer, timepiece, or an oversoul edict if you are serious about beating skolas.

For fucks sake dont waste ethiric light on armor. You can buy the armor with an armor core from the 32 poe, WHICH WILL HELP YOU ON 35 POE. I also wouldnt use that ethiric light on a word of crota either...use it for a fang of ir yut, fatebringer, timepiece, or an oversoul edict if you are serious about beating skolas.

Too late.  I used the two ELs from the IB on my gloves and boots to get to 34.  I was impatient and wanted to get to 34 to match up with other 34s in the Banner.   My chestplate is Judgment caste though. 

I fucking hate that Varick's armor.  I know the perks are geared towards the Prison and it is Light 42 but the fucking huge buff to one stat pisses me off.  I'm a Bladedancer so my grenades and my super should be able to supply the Arc Damage on Fallen shields but fucking Lightswitch means I have to keep my distance.  Damn.

I will hang with you guys if you are running the Vault to see if I can get a Fatebringer and use the EL I have in the Vault to bring it up to 365..  I still have Patience and Time on my Hunter and a Thunderlord on my Warlock for those assholes in the Prison.

Yeah - it wasn't even a choice for me since the only weapon I had that was worth using Etheric Light on was Aethon's and that was the very first thing I upgraded

Got around to this weeks Nightfalls to disappointing results, no boots! Ended up with a Sawtooth Oscillator, a Gjallarhorn and a Truth. AKA a Mote of Light and 2 Exotic Shards.

Knocked out a long overdue Crota to try and get my Hunter Cape, didn't succeed. But my buddy finally got his Crux to complete his exotic weapons collection so it wasn't all bad.

Come on Xur...sell me some shoes...

Also, we collected the last of those elusive golden chests to complete the Year One requirements.

He's only gone and done it! Xur you beautiful son of a bitch! I will fight anyone who called you a squid faced bastard! It certainly wasn't me!

He's (finally!) selling The Bones of Eao, Eternal Warrior, Voidfang Vestments, The Last Word and a chest engram

Got Vision of Confluence (and another Suros) last night out of the VoG

That ended a run of like 6 straight vault chests where all I got was Ascendant Materials

Also - one of Mis' buddies was saying how he got G-horn out of a fucking Wolf Chest

Hate this game so much....

Sucks about the lack of Gally, I feel your pain. Watching someone get their 7th Fatebringer when I was still after my first is enough to make you want to quit on this game, and stab them. Hell one guy got 2 in one drop when I was still grinding for mine! What the fuck!

That Vision is a beast though. Probably the best overall scout in the game. High impact, automatic, low recoil, solar burn. You're going to clean up in a solar Nightfall or Prison.

I've had some real shitty luck in VoG too, my first time through was nothing but mats. We didn't kill Atheon but you can bet the would have been just as generous!

I got two pieces of VoG raid armor and the jumpship in the VoG Hard raid with Rippa.  Dismantled the armor and went to the Speaker to convert the shards to energy in the hope of eventually getting a Fatebringer to level up and boost to 365 with the EL node I am saving.

Had to disappoint Mis during the VoG jumping puzzle portion of our adventure by telling him I have never leveled up the Gunslinger abilities on this Hunter.  My OCD works that way unfortunately and on average I am having much more success as a Bladedancer in PvP than I did as a Gunslinger.

Bought my Bones of Eao this morning.  Feels kinda cheap that I did not earn them in a Nightfall or a Raid.  Damn things are Discipline heavy so that will tank my Intellect when I swap out my Mask of the Third Man for another helmet. My MoTM has higher than usual INT so getting rid of it is not an option.

I am going to level up those boots and use an Exotic Shard to max them out, but they will sit in the Vault until I get a HoW Light 42 helmet with heavy INT to wear with them.  When I swap out Helmet for Boots, I will also lose the ability to heal myself when I run over an Orb of Light so there is also that to consider for things like Crota raids..

Owning BoE may cause me to start leveling up Gunslinger on this Hunter for PvE so that I can Quad Jump.  Will still need a good INT helmet with Light 42 so that I can use my GG more than once every 9999 days and remain Level 34.  I hate high cooldown rates.  Only having a 52 STR bugs me but not as much as having low INT or DIS.

If you don't have a Gally and want one, you really need to maximize your opportunity to get one.  It's not a big time commitment either.  Before the first DLC you had the nightfall, Gorgon chest, and Atheon.  The first DLC added two more opportunities at an exotic, initially one of them being just dropping in and getting the first chest before they patched that.  And the HoW added another opportunity for one.  Nightfalls take 15minutes tops, you can always find people on lfg or reddit with a gorgons chest checkpoint and the same with Atheon/Crota.  If you have three characters that's 12 chances at Ghorn and that doesn't even factor in the Deathsinger checkpoint or HoW stuff.  Less than 2hrs a week will get you 12 chances at the Ghorn and that's a really conservative amount of time.  Should be much less.   

The Win 3 Matches curse worked in reverse for Rippa and I last night.   We got our hat trick right off the bat and then proceeded to get teamed up with the worst possible players available.   We dropped two straight matches where I was top killer but that is not saying much.   The units we had on Burning Shrine and the second Shores of Time had no clue whatsoever. 

In the second match on Shores, we were constantly recapturing points instead of defending our turf.  I dread playing the new Zone Control mode in Crucible with players like that.

I thought we were going to drop the second match of the night on Twilight Gap thanks to unhelpful snipers padding their stats, but we got hot at the right time.  The top three carried the bottom on our first match on Shores.  Rippa, I and another guy all had at least 3 caps and over a 2.0 K/D while no one in the lower half of the order had over a 1.0 K.D and not a lot of caps.

One thing I didn't realize in control until recently is that the points for capturing a zone is dependent on how many are in the zone.  So now I find myself getting pissed off at the start of a match when everyone just takes off towards "B" or whatever and don't all get their own zone at the spawn.  If you're by yourself I think it's about 225 points.  If the full team caps the zone then it goes to like 500 I think. 

Yep, you get more points when you group capture and zones cap faster if there is more than one player with you, but that isn't always smart because the risk vs. reward is really high. 

One super or a rocket will murder the entire team. 

The best policy on short maps with co-located zones like Shores and Blind Watch is still to divide and cap and then defend your turf..  If my team is capping, I protect them by covering down on them away from the zone.  If I die, I die by myself and not with two or three other players.

I'll be at my crib this weekend so if you see me online and want to run PoE, PM me.

Even better, if someone wants to roll the 32 and the 34 PoE so I can get me a mystery item globe thingie from Variks, that would be super duper.

I was mainly talking about at the very start of the match where you're already right by a zone and the entire fucking team just takes off to "B" and gives up the guaranteed points at your spawn. 

If it is Blind Watch or Shores and maybe Rusted Lands where matches typically are won by the teams that can hold B&C, capping A at the beginning of the match can sometimes be a liability.  

The time you take to cap A gives the other team the time to cap B and C and dig in. 

If I A spawn on those maps, I cap A out of habit because I don't want to start killing without at least one modifier.  Sometimes the better plan is for the entire team to roll and check down the other team while they are capping their first zone.

Anyone who rolls with me on Blind Watch knows that I will usually dash to B if we C spawn.  Once you hold B and C on BW, the rest of the match is gravy if you have a team that knows what they're doing.