DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Only you would be all GUN SKINS!!! MUST KEEP PLAYING!!!!

I have done a really good job this week of easing myself off the game.

I am rarely playing in the morning now. Like this morning I just logged on to see what Xur had.

Of course - the will probably bring IB back next week and I will be all in again and I will be sad

Only you would be all GUN SKINS!!! MUST KEEP PLAYING!!!!

Not really.  I like the new content but with everyone scaling back their Destiny play and the 360 Clan being all but totally migrated to XBone, I am reconsidering what to focus my time on game-wise.  The cycle of Vanguarding and PvP is beginning to wear thin and I don't seem to share the same schedule with the raiders we know.  Those guys are just getting started when I am heading to bed.

Then there is cost. If I get TTK, I want to get it for XBone but finances are focused on the house right now.  

Sometimes I hate being a responsible grown-up with my priorities straight but it keeps me out of foreclosure.

Of course - the will probably bring IB back next week and I will be all in again and I will be sad

I will probably hit up the IB with you next week to grind to Rank 5 and grab a couple of Etheric Light nodes to push myself to Light 33.  Then we'll see if I can get myself invited to more 32 and 33 PoE groups.

Yesterday was the first time in forever that I can think of where I was home with time to play and simply elected not to. I already did my weekly stuff...I already maxed the raid gear I picked up last weekend...I didn't have enough time to get into a new raid or PoE run...

I just couldn't come up with a reason I really NEEDED to play. So I was like, "Guess I'll go play Batman instead."

My plan is definitely to raid hard this weekend, though.

Yeah - if I get Taken King - it will be for the One and I definitely will be defraying the cost by selling back my 360 copy.

Ditto.   Will probably get to a point where I transition back to games I really should've beaten already like GTA5 story mode and Borderlands 2.

My custody weekend starts today and my kid has a friend sleeping over.  I should get a little playtime in the evenings and if I do, I plan to hit up Salvage to try to fill out my medal collection.   My team won a Salvage match yesterday, but we only collected two relics and it takes three to get the Salvage Crew medal.

I'd also like to get the Im-probe-able and Clean Sweep medals provided that my team does not suck.

I got most of those Salvage ones awhile ago

It helped that I kept getting dropped into matches where guys would drop out so it would be 3-1

A lot easier to control relics that way.

I got most of those Salvage ones awhile ago

It helped that I kept getting dropped into matches where guys would drop out so it would be 3-1

A lot easier to control relics that way.

Our team was in a match against a 20 Titan, a 31 Warlock, and a 34 Warlock with a Flawless Trials emblem who was only in it for the kills.   He either attacked us while we were securing a relic or did the old run and gun.  He never helped his team launch or defend their probes..

The 20 Titan and the 31 Warlock had obviously not played small teams stuff before and it helped that I am not the PvP novice I used to be and the 34 Warlock on their team was of no help to the other two players.

It was pretty easy to shut down their probes and for once I was on a team with players that covered me when I was going in for the kill, but the two serious players on their team worked together and hung in there so they beat my team to the punch enough times to prevent us from securing a third relic.

I think they mentioned something in the last weekly update (or maybe last weeks?) that if you'd put an email address in your Bungie.net profile they would send you 9 strange coins. I've not logged on recently to see if i have any, or if i even have an email address in my profile.

Its like Christmas come early. Because the 400+ gathering dust in my vault, that i'll never use, wasn't enough. I don't even do the weeklies any more!

I guess it helps out new players who still need stuff from Xur but i cant imagine there are that many new people jumping on the game at this point?

I did a full run on Crota HM today, so I'm legit now.

What's funny is, we buzzed through with no problem until the Crota fight when the one competent swordbearer got pissy because somebody fired their rocket too early and quit. The team fell apart, and I was like, "How ironic I'm not going to finish the part I already did!"

It took a while, but we were able to pull in some new guys and finish it.

I'm a true raider now, because now I know what it's like to do a run where you get nothing but mats, weak armor and a weapon you already have!

Just completed a full run of VoG. I got some pretty crazy loot.

First, I nabbed FATEBRINGER.

Then Aetheon dropp TWO exotics: the Vex Mythoclast and Universal Remote. I already have them both (but I think I have almost all of the non-PoE exotic weapons at this point), and would gladly trade them both for Vision of Confluence, but still...wow.

• Like 2

I'll be interested to see if they do something to try to keep strange coins relevant for Year 1 players in TTK.

I'm currently sitting on about 150 of them between my two characters, and unless he brings The Ram eventually, I can't think of anything else he can actually sell (i.e. no raid/prison exotics) that I have an interest in buying. I guess some people would have an interest in the old PS4 exclusives once they're dropped into the general population (assuming he sells them), but I already have the great one.

Yeah, I used to buy every exotic Xur was selling that I didn't already have. All that's left now are the new Hunter boots. I've got around 450 strange coins, 250 motes of light and probably 1000 various shards and energies with nothing to do with them. Not to mention Etheric Light and a stack of Weapons Cores. And I'm sure when TTK comes out they will introduce yet another currency that will gather dust in your inventory after a couple of months. And yet the glimmer cap is still 25k

It's the nature of the game. You're forced to run everything so many times to get the things you need that by the end of it you've got stacks of things you're never going to use. Give me something to spend them on!

I think they mentioned something in the last weekly update (or maybe last weeks?) that if you'd put an email address in your Bungie.net profile they would send you 9 strange coins. I've not logged on recently to see if i have any, or if i even have an email address in my profile.

Yeah, if you register your e-mail with Bungie you get 9 Strange Coins.  I got my packages yesterday.

I am LeBron James.  28 Kills 10 Deaths 2 Caps in a losing effort in a Control match on Pantheon yesterday.  The thing that burns me up the most is that I had one Relentless medal and three Merciless medals.  For the life of me I could not keep it together long enough to get a Reign of Terror going.

The saving grace is that most of my kills were weapon kills so I wasn't depeding on Arc Blade for murder.

After two straight matches of playing like crap, I got two straight Nails In The Coffin to secure wins for Rippa's cursed Win 3 Matches bounty.  In both of those matches, Rippa and I were the respective Number One and Number Two point scorers.

• Like 1

Nightfall is (arc) Taniks yet again. What the shit Bungie! There are other strikes you know!

Iron Banner is back too. I'm hoping for boots and helm (and whatever the guns I'm missing are) but I'm assuming chest and helm (and probably guns I already have)

Rippa and I ran across the most blatant cheaters you'll ever come up against.  Do you really need to lag switch AND run Blink Shotgun tactics.   We reported the crap out of them.  My friend's nephew, Moody, jumped on and the three of us chased an elusive win.  Finally won two straight matches after Rippa called it a night.

Ran 32 PoE with my friend's nephew and a friend of mine who is retired Navy  Beat Gulrot and purchases my first piece of HoW armor.  I am now Level 33.  Not thrilled that my STR is 52 or that Variks has helmet this week for Hunters when I really don't need one.  I already have a Mask of the Third Man and I need Light +42 gauntlets and boots to hit 34 and possibly challenge for this stupid emblem if I can get on fireteams to whoop Skolas and Crota on Hard difficulty.

Looks like I will have to jump in the IB as often as I can this week and grind towards those Etheric Light motes for the gaunts and boots that I'm already wearing in order to hit 34.

The three of us felt pretty good about our 32 PoE accomplishment until we tried our hand at ToO and got smoked.  I did 99% of the murdering for our team which wasn't much.  Not bad for my first outing and I think that Rippa, Mis, and I could make a respectable run. 

I don't think my friend's nephew fully gets what's going on in ToO.  It ain't the normal Crucible..

Iron Banner is back too. I'm hoping for boots and helm (and whatever the guns I'm missing are) but I'm assuming chest and helm (and probably guns I already have)

I always forget IB shows up later in the day because it wasn't there this AM and I was like WTF

Sadly - I will have to pass the time since I will be in NY from Friday-Monday.

I guess I might be able to grind my Titan to Level 3 just for the one Etheric Light

Your friend's nephew was also preoccupied with BBQ

So was I.  I love BBQ.  I finished off the rest of the Pulled Pork I got for my folks last night for breakfast this morning along with boiled eggs!  Yum!

Sadly - I will have to pass the time since I will be in NY from Friday-Monday.

Enjoy your trip, bro.  I will be getting my murder on this Saturday.

I'd run the 32 PoE this week anyway if you get the chance. It's a real simple one. No annoying burns to one shot you and the 4th rounds a boss fight with no mechanics, just a big ol' knight. The main boss in the 5th is simple to deal with too. A cabal guy with a rotating element shield. Trick is the enemies only re-spawn when his shield drops. You bunker up and kill everything, drop his shield and do your damage. 3 gallys and he'll be dead after the first shield, probably only take 2 shields with some normal rockets.

Just save the armour core until Variks has something you need. If I remember the rotation right it should be boots next week anyway.