DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Another thing related to shards that I was told but haven't tried myself- When you normally dismantle a legendary armor right away you get the 2-3 shards, but if you let the armor level up, as in let the upgrades become available for you to select but don't actually spend the shards to upgrade it, you will get more shards when you dismantle it even though you didn't spend any on it. 

• Like 1

Another thing related to shards that I was told but haven't tried myself- When you normally dismantle a legendary armor right away you get the 2-3 shards, but if you let the armor level up, as in let the upgrades become available for you to select but don't actually spend the shards to upgrade it, you will get more shards when you dismantle it even though you didn't spend any on it. 

This.

Whenever I get a Legendary item, I equip it, get some Vanguard bounties, and go on patrol.

I level the item up to the point where I have to use Ascentant material to upgrade it and then I break it down for Shards or Energy.  Even so, I think the recovered material item count is random.  I get from 3 - 5 Ascendant materials after dismantling the item.

I presume thats why i got more Shards for my helmet. It was partially leveled up.

I need to get my ass to mars, because i keep getting stuff that needs relic iron to upgrade.

Really annoying today on venus and there were 4 or 5 guys all running around doing missions, meaning all the guys were killed by the time you got to a spawn area.

If you are close enough - the guys they kill will still drop the things you need. (assuming you are doing patrol missions).

The only time I run into a problem is fighting guys for the Fallen Majors or Ultras

Last night - I kept battling a guy. Luckily he kept trying to rocket launch stuff and miss and then I will swoop in with my super

Honestly, that's not really what I'm upset about.  Going into some big empty rooms that can't really be played and the same areas possibly showing up in expansion isn't all that upsetting to me.  What is more upsetting is the weak story and the game not really fulfilling all its groundbreaking promises.  Also the unbalanced weapons.

Thanks to finding some legendary gauntlets that will make do - I will be buying the Titan Chest plate from Xur since he has it again

Now to do 4 more strikes before the creepy bastard leaves

Oh and for those trying to find him - he is right next to the Crucible Quartermaster (directly opposite the Crucible Armor guy)

Thanks to finding some legendary gauntlets that will make do - I will be buying the Titan Chest plate from Xur since he has it again

Oh and for those trying to find him - he is right next to the Crucible Quartermaster (directly opposite the Crucible Armor guy)

I think I logged off seconds before you came on this morning.

Xur has The Armamentarium available again this week.  I bought PATIENCE AND TIME~! from him before heading off to work..  Now I need to invest in a Legendary Heavy Weapon so that I can have an alternate load-out for when I am packing the Exotic Sniper Rifle i have been pursuing since launch.

Be careful what you wish for.  No more than two weeks ago, I lamented not getting EWB's and now I am actively working on three:  Bad Juju, Invective, and Pocket Infinity.

I tried to wait until I had a Fusion Rifle before doing a Nightfall Strike, but I felt the need to hang out with Brandon since I have rolled with him in over a week.  We died a lot but eventually sniped the Nexus to death and I made it through my first Nightfall Strike..  I have my black flames dancing around my head and got an Exotic Auto Rifle (Hard Light) to pass down to my Warlock alt.

Naturally, there is a bounty for Sekrion, the Nexus Mind the day after I help kill the thing in a Nightfall Strike and the Weekly Strike. Oh, well.

I should have a Legendary Fusion Rifle by the reset next Tuesday, so I can finally start progressing through Pocket Infinity and can make enough Glimmer runs to pay for the Special Weapon Synthesis items after I grind through the Fusion Weapon Kills.

Yeah - I am about to go kill Sekrion as I get the last of my strikes.

I have 5 crucible bounties to do with my Alt so that is how I am spending the morning of my day off.

I finished the 15 Kills With A Rocket Launcher bounty for the Crucible after you rolled out but I still have to burn three more Titans.  We may have very well had the worst Crucible teammates ever last night.

My girlfriend will be here early today and I will be picking up my kid tomorrow morning because she has a Halloween party to go to tonight with her friends.  I probably won't get back online until Sunday evening.

I just got my Nightfall flames but I will only have a couple of days to exploit the perk. 

Hopefully I will have enough Marks to get a Fusion Rifle before the reset and we can try to get through a Nightfall strike to completion on Tuesday for the XP Perk and then I can just go back and kill dudes until the Pocket Infinity EWB progression rolls over.

I got my cheapest win ever in the Crucible last night.  Objectively Correct, Best Around, and Lone Wolf medals came after killing two guys, dying twice, and then having every player in the match d-con except for me.  Last Guardian Standing... sorta....

I dig the new Crucible stats window at Bungie.  When you click on a match icon on the right in your Recent History slider, the Details window It now has tabs at the bottom so that you can see your own K/D stats as well as which medals you earned.

Database still isn't right though.  Two Crucible match results are still missing from Wednesday night and that blows because my team won both times.

Oh, and one more thing.  HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET THAT KILL WITH AN EXPLOSIVE OBJECT~???

I have two more strikes to complete without dying with my alt for the Invective EWB  and 23 more strikes to do with my main for the Bad Juju EWB. 

If I get home before my gf arrives from Mayrland and you are online, then I'd be down with knocking out strikes with you until you hit the magic number.

Well I just did my 25th strike so I have all 5 of my bounties are Crucible based.

And I have 4 crucible bounties with my alt to do.

I am a glutton for punishment

Well I just did my 25th strike so I have all 5 of my bounties are Crucible based.

And I have 4 crucible bounties with my alt to do.

I am a glutton for punishment

When I get to the Crucible stage of the Shotgun EWB, it be my first time taking a toon other than a Hunter into the Crucible, so I am not looking forward to getting one shotted or trying to use powers I don't have.   

I ran a Daily with Brandon last night before passing out for the evening and wondered why my throwing knife wasn't working.  BECAUSE YOU ARE PLAYING A WARLOCK, DUMBASS~!

My poor Titan needs more love.  I will get him to Level 20 on Wednesday.

I've been collecting Vanguard marks for the last week because I really wanted the "Devil You Know" handcannon. Needed about 100 more marks. HOWEVER, after reaching level 4 on Vanguard, that very same handcannon was waiting for me in the mail! Pretty happy about that.

I took a break for a couple of days but got back into it last night. Got about 16 to 18 shards just doing the nightfall and raid yesterday, so I'm finally level 29. Still need an exotic weapon though (and raid gear).

• Like 1

I know how to level up my new exotic chest plate and legendary gauntlets so there is a whole lotta switching going on

If I don't - I drop from 28 to 27 and that is unacceptable

I've been collecting Vanguard marks for the last week because I really wanted the "Devil You Know" handcannon. Needed about 100 more marks. HOWEVER, after reaching level 4 on Vanguard, that very same handcannon was waiting for me in the mail! Pretty happy about that.

I took a break for a couple of days but got back into it last night. Got about 16 to 18 shards just doing the nightfall and raid yesterday, so I'm finally level 29. Still need an exotic weapon though (and raid gear).

The Devil You Know is my primary weapon.   It is very nice, but Lord High Fixer is also a pretty sweet firearm.

• Like 2

I know how to level up my new exotic chest plate and legendary gauntlets so there is a whole lotta switching going on

If I don't - I drop from 28 to 27 and that is unacceptable

That is my dilemma X 2.

I just got the achievement for fully upgrading Gjallarhorn and now I buy Patience & Time.   I love that rifle but I am not looking forward to the pain of leveling it up, nor am I looking forward to the investment of Marks into a Legendary Heavy Weapon so that I can get an alternate load-out..

I also noticed that Xur has the Voidfang Vestiments for sale.  I wanted to get that for my Warlock alt but then realized that his Legendary torso protection is the only piece of ascended armor that he has.   If I swapped one for the other, he'd drop from 27 to 26.

Better to wait until next week to see if Xur has an Exotic Warlock Helmet or Gauntlets for sale.

You fail to mention arguably the best sniper rifle in the game, patience and time is being sold by our, or if you did I missed it..

You missed it.

I think I logged off seconds before you (Rippa) came on this morning.

Xur has The Armamentarium available again this week.  I bought PATIENCE AND TIME~! from him before heading off to work..  Now I need to invest in a Legendary Heavy Weapon so that I can have an alternate load-out for when I am packing the Exotic Sniper Rifle i have been pursuing since launch.

It is sitting in storage right now waiting for me to spam Vanguard bounties to level it up.

1 strike away from the next stage of bad juju....and I have to go to work.

I only have TWENTY THREE MORE STRIKES TO GO~! 

Rippa and I are in the Crucible so much that I am not really intimidated by the Score One Bajillion Points In PVP part of the bounty, especially since there is nothing in the bounty details that suggests that you lose points towards progression if you die.

Thorn's EWB should also have that stip; count the Void damage kills without penalizing me for a death.   When i am on a roll in PvP, I am pretty awesome but my slumps are demoralizing.  It would take me forever to finish the Void Damage In The Crucible part of Thorn's EWB.

The Devil You Know is my primary weapon.   It is very nice, but Lord High Fixer is also a pretty sweet firearm.

Yep.  I use TDYK as my primary as well. It's the one from the Vanguard vendor.  I also had a Lord High Fixer drop for me about a week ago and ended up dismantling it for energies because I didn't like the perks as much and it was a round less in the cylinder. 

In case anyone doesn't know, when you get a gun from a drop or a package from the post master, it's RNG which includes the perks.  So TDYK from the post master probably has different perks than the one from the Vanguard vendor and they may very well make it a better gun than the one you can buy with marks, so don't forget to check out the perks to make sure it's what you want.  Same RNG goes for elemental special and heavy weapons.  The Light/Beware fusion rifle from the vendor is solar burn but you can get the same gun from a drop and it could be void or arc. 

• Like 1

What he said.  If you get something from the Postmaster, be sure to carefully look at what the perks are for the weapon or armor.  You may get the same item, but the perks of the RNG item may be more to your liking and you might end up trashing the item you have in favor of a new item.

I always hope that I will get a Legendary boot engram from the Postmaster that will turn into a replacement pair of leg armor with an ammo perk for Hand Cannons, Sniper Rifles, or Special Weapons.  Every time when I have the marks to burn and go shopping at the Quartermaster shops, all of the leg armor items seem to only have ammo perks for Auto Rifles.

I bought TDYK yesterday

So many wonderful head shots

The guy needs to fucking finish inspecting the God Damn water heater so I can get back on and get some Clashes in