DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

For one, that's just you.  I'm at level 28 and have yet to receive one exotic bounty.  But personally I wouldn't get that rocket launcher anyway.  The Gjallerhorn on the other hand...

Funny you should mention that.   The algorithm gifted me Gjallerhorn during a Clash match tonight.  Team  Leeroy Jenkins put together a nice run in normal PvP after getting beaten down in a Salvage match. I am useless with Rocket Launchers so I will probably gift the Gjallerhorn to my Titan alt and use the machine gun I am about to get via Exotic Bounty quest.

It took two shut outs, one victory, and three asswhoopins but I finally cracked the code on capturing 20 Salvage zones.  I did perfectly fine in one victory. but I had to be dragged acrosss the finish line in the second victory. 

My team won one match after only capturing one relic because the entire enemy team quit out.  COWARDS~!

When we were getting clobbered in one Salvage match, Mark asked if there was a slaughter rule for Salvage.  My eyes started burning and my language was very harsh. :angry:

The best part of the story is that the end of the match hits and JT goes "SON OF A BITCH! Some bastard on our team was just gifted Gjallerhorn"

Then we get to the pay out screen.

"OH! THE SON OF A BITCH WAS ME!"

• Like 2

The best part of the story is that the end of the match hits and JT goes "SON OF A BITCH! Some bastard on our team was just gifted Gjallerhorn"

Then we get to the pay out screen.

"OH! THE SON OF A BITCH WAS ME!"

You would think that I would be thrilled but fate is still cruel.  Gjallarhorn is an awesome rocket launcher and I am really really really shitty with rocket launchers.

I am going to shotgun four or five of those Vanguard bounties with my main when I get home from work.  I need to get that Tracking weapon perk online as fast as I can, otherwise I am going to end up blowing myself to bits as often as I do enemy players.

I will burn some Vanguard Marks this week on a Legendary primary or secondary weapon.  I only need three more marks to buy weapons, but can't earn anymore Marks until Reset Day tomorrow.

I think I am 500 or so Rep Points shy of Crucible 3.  Hopefully I can get that done before the weekend and I can use Crucible marks to buy a second Legendary weapon.

If Xur has Exotic Hunter Armor that I actually want to buy, that will be the cherry on top of a productive week in Desttny.

I am doing FWC right now since they have boots that fit my play style

I figured 4 levels of Dead Orbit was enough

Oh plus the whole Tali's aunt thing

So, you avoid the Awoken woman working at Special Orders desk because Claudia Black (Farscape) is the voice actor and she also did the voice work for Admiral Xen and Morrigain from Dragon Age?

Probably a good thing JT likely wont be doing Crucible with me for a few days.

My inclination to revive fallen teammates instead of completing the mission makes me the Private Pyle of Team Leroy Jenkins, to the chagrin of SGT Ermey.

Probably a good thing JT likely wont be doing Crucible with me for a few days.

Only if we are playing Salvage and you are trying to revive fallen team members while not paying attention to your motion tracker.

I was kinda hoping that you would figure out like I did that the opposition camps the ghosts of dead team members while they are waiting for the next relic to show up.  Coming to revive me only to get yourself perished does not help our war effort. :)

You, Rippa and I did just fine in Clash yesterday, so we are all perfectly squared away when it is a no frills deathmatch.

So, you avoid the Awoken woman working at Special Orders desk because Claudia Black (Farscape) is the voice actor and she also did the voice work for Admiral Xen and Morrigain from Dragon Age?

Tali's Aunt > Morrigan

Tali's Aunt > Morrigan

I do not disagree with this.

I just looked up the details of the Exotic Weapon Bounty for Super Good Advice and I noticed that getting kills with a Rocket Launcher takes points away from my progress while the bounty is active, so I will have to keep Gjallarhorn under wraps until I get 500 points worth of machine gun mayhem done and complete the last criteria.

Then I can pass Super Good Advice on to an alt and start leveling up Gjallarhorn with my main.

I had had four days off work and hadn't gotten good Destiny time until after realizing the PPV was next week. Teamed up with halfaloaf and Michelangelo to complete four strikes and it was so much fun. After they had to bail I went on a spirit bloom harvesting run to level up my chest piece. I think I found around 30 spirit blooms before getting tired of farming.

The Spirit Bloom farming video

I realized I hadn't finished the story, and finished the three remaining missions this morning. The only thing I have not beaten in this game is The Vault of Glass, which I would love to try at some point even at level 25.

• Like 1

Yeah.  I'd also like to slug that guy.

So he hunts in the Ember Caves.  I've been there dozens of times and have never really encountered the number of engram drops he's describing. 

He must get the Spirit Blooms from  the chests he finds, because there are barely any there on the plants in that zone.  I have better luck with Spirit Blooms in the Ishtar Commons.

I rarely use my Glimmer buffs because I am always close to the cap.   I bought some stuff for my alts this morning, so I will be trying to use up as many Ether Seeds as I can today.

The spirit blooms are mostly in chests that spawn in the surrounding caves. I did not encounter as many drops as he was describing but I only went to the area looking for the blooms so it wasn't a big deal.

The spirit blooms are mostly in chests that spawn in the surrounding caves. I did not encounter as many drops as he was describing but I only went to the area looking for the blooms so it wasn't a big deal.

He probably should've added a small caveat referring to Grimoire bonuses.   The quantity of materials and Glimmer you get as well as your experience received from combat is directly tied to what you kill, where you kill it, and what weapons you used to get the job done.. 

Harvesting Relic Iron on Mars won't go as well as harvesting Helium Filaments on the Moon if you haven't spent a lot of time fighting the Cabal and the Vex in the Exclusion Zones.

The more enemies you kill on a certain planet, the more likely you are to receive multiple instances of materiel drops when harvesting and you will also improve your Glimmer received per enemy as well as experience.  This is why it is a good idea to create alts that use a different load-out than your main.character.

I had had four days off work and hadn't gotten good Destiny time until after realizing the PPV was next week. Teamed up with halfaloaf and Michelangelo to complete four strikes and it was so much fun. After they had to bail I went on a spirit bloom harvesting run to level up my chest piece. I think I found around 30 spirit blooms before getting tired of farming.

The Spirit Bloom farming video

I realized I hadn't finished the story, and finished the three remaining missions this morning. The only thing I have not beaten in this game is The Vault of Glass, which I would love to try at some point even at level 25.

That was me. Good run last night. It's good to play with people who are patient and relaxed. 

• Like 1

My shitting skirmish playing continued this afternoon. My two teammates were like 3x ahead of me.

I did notice, as JT pointwd out, guys now camp at fallen players to kill those coming to revive them.

At least i got a solo walker gold event.