DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Went back to Venus for the story missions and breezed past the story bosses.  Just spammed the Gate Lord Vex with rockets :D .

I will say, that while I am not a fan of the Destiny story, I think the stuff with the Awoken and the Queen of the Reef was well done.  I just wish there were more scenes like this available in the game.  

Holy shit I could not disagree more.  I mean, the queen was cool and the setting of the scene was cool but her brother to that scene was about as effective as Jar Jar Binks was to Star Wars.  Looking back on the cut scenes, the only ones I felt like were worthwhile were the ones with The Stranger. 

Has anyone played Combined Arms yet? I'm curious to see what you guys think

I like it because I like driving around in the vehicles but it's just the regular game modes, it just makes sure to put you on one of the maps with vehicles.  Sometimes it's Clash and sometimes it's Control. 

I'm still trying to figure out how to get some goddamn legendary shit.  Joined a faction last night (New Monarchy) because they had an auto rifle that I want.  Now I guess I just have to wear their lame towel around my waist while I kill people and eventually they'll give me some free shit. 

#jealousofpurpleautorifle

Which one did it give you?  I've played so much and gotten so many purples that turned out to be blue that I've all but given up on the drops...I know that once I have the gear purchased, I'll start getting the drops

I did Strike playlist and picked level 22, and it put me in Summoning Pits with two other guys. Telthor dropped the Engram.

I now have a Complete a Strike without dying bounty, and I've got two fifths of my complete 5 strikes without dying bounty. If I can somehow combine those with going for the 'complete a strike without anyone dying' achievement, I'll be laughing.

For anyone who's jealous of my Purple Rifle (which should be everyone):

I was doing Moon Patrol to gain cheap XP (to level up my equipment and my second class attributes), and to get the Helium Filaments that I'll need soon. Between Patrol missions, I as killing a few Dregs, and one of them dropped a Purple Engram. Took it back to the Tower, and it was decoded into Hawkmoon.

An Exotic Hand Cannon.

I have a Yellow item.

I got a Super-rare Exotic weapon off a bloody Dreg! Shows what happens when you level up stuff by spamming Strikes instead of doing the stupid Crucible matches.

Congratulations AxB, that's awesome!

I finished all but one of my crucible bounties last night in a little over an hour.  It's hard to get postmortem kills when you are wrecking fools.  I got a mote of light at one point during a kill streak, which I thought was cool.  Also picked up another strange coin, giving me enough to pick up the Lucky Raspberry for my hunter from Xur, but I haven't pulled the trigger on that purchase as of yet.  I already have a purple chest armor, and while that one has a tremendous intellect skill (meaning I will be able to just spam the arc blade throughout a match), I'm not sure it's the direction I want to take to get to 29-30.  I picked up another Shingen-esque rare auto rifle, but I'm still running the green one in crucible, where the bottom half of the mag deals additional damage.  

I didn't even bother with yesterday's daily heroic or vanguard bounties that had changed by the time I got home.  I can only earn 8 more vanguard marks for the week, my vanguard rank is where it needs to be, I need to get my crucible and Dead Orbit rank up just a little more.

I hope to eventually play Destiny with some of you guys again.

Did a little research. My Exotic is a PS3/4 exclusive just now. Not available on XBoxes.

I have 9 strange coins right now (got one today for defending the Warsat). I need four more to get them Gauntlets Xur is selling. Not going to happen, is it?

edit: Apparently you get three for doing the weekly heroic strike. Might have to take a bash at that later. If I can complete that, then do a Gold Event tomorrow as well, before Xur vanishes...

You can only equip one Exotic weapon and one piece of Armour at a time. I might be the first person to discover that.

About spamming Supers: The last thing a Voidwalker unlocks is the ability to have his Grenades and Super do the same effect as his melee. You can have your melee set to charge your Super. So your Super charges itself, so long as you get the kills. It also gives out Orbs which other players can pick up to charge their supers, which when they use, you can pick up their orbs...

I got hit by error codes bee, lion, and then centipede in quick succession the other night.  I reset my router and everything went fine afterwards.  

As far as the exotics go AxB, nah man, I've known, it's part of the reason why I didn't pull the trigger on the hunter chest armor from Xur.  Im thinking of saving my coins for a helmet or a weapon since I can only have one of each equipped at a time.  

Sometimes I feel like people don't read the shit I post on here.  I come back and read others posts and they're all like "oh snap" on some shit I posted three pages ago.  Why bother?

I got hit by error codes bee, lion, and then centipede in quick succession the other night. I reset my router and everything went fine afterwards.

As far as the exotics go AxB, nah man, I've known, it's part of the reason why I didn't pull the trigger on the hunter chest armor from Xur. Im thinking of saving my coins for a helmet or a weapon since I can only have one of each equipped at a time.

Sometimes I feel like people don't read the shit I post on here. I come back and read others posts and they're all like "oh snap" on some shit I posted three pages ago. Why bother?

Because I enjoy reading it. So continue to bother please.

Played the Mars strike on hard from the Vanguard strike playlist.  It was fairly hard, but nothing ridiculous.  Made it to the final stage and just couldn't beat it.  Could not kill those stupid fucking flayers. It was just two of us though, sometimes there would be a third guy but they'd quickly quit after trying and failing once.  I did manage to get four blue engram drops that ended up being green uncommon items, thanks a fucking lot.  This game is pretty shitty with the drops.  Hopefully they patch this game and adjust how you get loot. It's pretty lame right now.  Ever since I hit level 20 I don't get shit anymore and I've certainly put time into the game.  I'm not a grinding type of player and I could see this not being very enjoyable in a very short while especially since I finished the extremely short story already.  And I never actually finish the story mode in games.  

So, this Exotic Weapon Vanguard Bounty I got from Ikora Rey. Do five Strikes without dying. I got it to 3, and then me and Cristobal tried to get the 'Strike with no-one dying' trophy. The first time we tried, he died once, and I never did. We tried it again and got it. Went to Ikora to cash in and get another exotic weapon, and...

Ikora's Bounty Part 2. Get a 25 k/d spread in Crucible. I don't play bloody Crucible! What's a k/d spread anyway? Does it just mean I need 25 more Kills than Deaths? Because that's not likely on current form. Even with my Awesome new weapons.

Just about to level 7. Made my first trip to the Crucible today for a "Control" mission. I wasn't great. . .lowest scoring player on our team (of course, I had the lowest level, too. . .one guy was at 9 and the other 4 were all in the mid-to-upper 20s).

Was kind of fun, though. . .I'm sure it will be more so once I get leveled up a little further.

At least with Controls - you can feel like you are contributing even if you aren't doing much killing.

I'm assuming the one cave in Russia that everyone is farming is going to get fixed soon

At least with Controls - you can feel like you are contributing even if you aren't doing much killing.

I'm assuming the one cave in Russia that everyone is farming is going to get fixed soon

Yeah, it did. Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling to find yourself next to a guy that's about 20 levels above you and knocking him out with a melee attack.

I only registered seven kills and had a k/d ratio that suggests that I was killed more times than I actually had kills racked up, but it was still pretty cool. The only other Crucible option available was Combined Arms.

Sorry Mis

Your first party invite came when I was knee deep in the final boss of a strike. And as an aside - the random dude I did it with immediately went on my preferred players list since he was all about teammate and killing shit.

The 2nd time you sent me a party invite - Xbox wouldn't let me join. I blame Bill Gates.

I will be back on after the 1 PM games. Depending on if JT is will determine if we are trying to tackle the Devil's Lair or not