DVDVR Message Board

2024 HORROR DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

GOOD LORD. Nobody told me that there was an Amityville Dollhouse (?!?!?!). 

There is so much trash that air along with the crappy "classics" on Screambox and Altar Horror. Clownado has to be the nadir of these. I will let you look into it.

Awesome! Screambox is gonna make up for censoring The House on Sorority Row last night (blurring out stab wounds?!) by showing Road Games and Grotesque tonight. Jamie Lee ho'ing it up on the road like in The Fog for another mustachio'd, way-older lothario in Stacy Keach should be fun, and Grotesque has '80s punk rockers getting killed so that'll be a ton of fun. It also has Linda Blair and Tab Hunter?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfenBtoqBvw

https://tubitv.com/movies/100013508/hunchback-of-the-morgue-dubbed

HUNCHBACK OF THE MORGUE (1973)

Hey hey! I found a free, dubbed Tubi version of what is maybe the best of all the Paul Naschy movies (and considering his filmography, that's out of a LOT of them). An ultimate combination of sleazy grue and Hammer-style gothic, with a spoonful of pathos from poor Paul's humptastic romantic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2024 at 12:55 AM, Curt McGirt said:

GOOD LORD. Nobody told me that there was an Amityville Dollhouse (?!?!?!). 

There is so much trash that air along with the crappy "classics" on Screambox and Altar Horror. Clownado has to be the nadir of these. I will let you look into it.

It's on Tubi(as are a veritable shit load of AH rip offs). The one that caught my eye was Amityville Karen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Watchers

Written and Directed by Ishana Night Shyamalan (M. Night's Daughter)

Also - since the trailer came out, WB pushed back the release date a week. It is now June 14, 2024 - which is Father's Day Weekend

The Strangers: Chapter 1

This is the reboot of the 2008 movie which is the first of three films - all directed by Renny Harlin

Oh for fuck's sake

Spoiler

May be an image of text that says 'OCTOBER 2024 DJ QUALLS EREO max'

FRED SERIES ON MAX - ROB ZOMBIE!!!

Get ready for a chilling journey into the origins of terror with "FRED" - a gripping 10-episode event on MAX streaming service this October. Starring DJ Qualls as the titular character himself. Witness the transformation of Fred Krueger from evil man into nightmare slasher in this Wes Craven Studios Production. Directed by Rob Zombie in his television series debut, brace yourself for an unforgettable descent into darkness.

Showed up in my FB feed. Please say this is a joke.

EDIT: Ah, it is! Well done, Facebook person, well done.

Edited by Curt McGirt

Parasyte: The Grey

Directed by Yeon Sang-ho (Train to Busan)

It is a 6 episode series

"When the full moon is high, so is he"

and

"You can run, you can hide, but he will sniff you out"

I feel like the creators thought of the taglines first then worked backwards from there 😂.

• Haha 2

I had no idea that Waxwork II (on now on the Altar Horror channel) had a full-on Aliens ripoff segment where the Xenomorph was actually a frickin' guy in a kaiju costume who pulled some guy's head up with his neck stretching real long before he smashed it down, and another guy who the alien broke his space helmet and his head implosion-splattered immediately 😄 They do the fog/steam effects and the flashing lights and the closeups and the crew firing guns at it and everything. A billion stars!

In A Violent Nature

For those who haven't heard about this one basically think of it as an entire movie where you watch from Jason's perspective (I am using that as a analogy - the movie has nothing to do with the franchise)

• Like 2