DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK THIRTEEN

Brian Fowler

I had a feeling that would end disastrously given that Milroe had enough time to walk the Earth like Caine on Kung Fu, watch every season of Bonanza, take up advanced archery lessons, read War and Peace, come back to Jordan Hare, and still have about 4 hours to throw the ball to a somehow completely open Isaiah Bond in the endzone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

meanwhile in D2, my school had an 11-2 season where the two losses involved a failed 2 point conversion and a blocked extra point, both at the end of the 4th quarter in games they lost by 1 point.

My cousin lost in the playoffs today dang dang dang but they’ll be back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I had a feeling that would end disastrously given that Milroe had enough time to walk the Earth like Caine on Kung Fu, watch every season of Bonanza, take up advanced archery lessons, read War and Peace, come back to Jordan Hare, and still have about 4 hours to throw the ball to a somehow completely open Isaiah Bond in the endzone.

That’s still the best way to make a play. Protection. 

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

If BYU doesn't blow this lead on Oklahoma State, then the Big XII is gonna be mighty pissed seeing Texas and OU play for the title to end their time in the conference.

His knee was on the defender’s foot which is why he wasn’t down wow that might be wilder than Antonio Freeman in 2000. 

42 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I know there are differences between Day and Harbaugh but it feels like the talk about Day not beating Michigan is a reprise of the talk about Harbaugh and Ohio State from a few years ago

There's similarities in the way they lose the game as well. Harbaugh often went ultra conservative when aggression might've won it, now Day has been doing the same.

But I do think Harbaugh had two things to cushion him for longer than Day is gonna get: he was a Michigan legend, the last Michigan quarterback to be invited to the Heisman ceremony, was linked directly to the good ole days of Michigan. And, he took over Michigan coming off maybe the worst 7 or 8 year stretch in school history, while Day took over a fully operational Death Star that regularly made playoff appearance and wasn't that far removed from a national title. And most importantly, Ohio State had won 17 of the previous 19 and 15 of the previous 16 against Michigan, with the only stumble being with an interim head coach coming off the stupid tattoo scandal.

19 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

But I do think Harbaugh had two things to cushion him for longer than Day is gonna get

Three things if Harbaugh having coached a lot longer (Stanford/NFL) than Ryan Day means something here. Even if Urban hasn't coached in college for 5 years, Ryan Day is probably in Urban's shadow for Ohio State fanatics.

35 minutes left in your last chance to see some PAC-12 AFTER DARK~! as Cal vs. UCLA are currently closing down the bar for good

So far we've got 3 picks, a turnover on downs, an injured starting QB, a missed 20 yard field goal, and a 100 yard kickoff return by a guy who's been held to 3 rushing yards.  Hopefully all building to one last wacky finish for old time's sake.

39 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

35 minutes left in your last chance to see some PAC-12 AFTER DARK~! as Cal vs. UCLA are currently closing down the bar for good

So far we've got 3 picks, a turnover on downs, an injured starting QB, a missed 20 yard field goal, and a 100 yard kickoff return by a guy who's been held to 3 rushing yards.  Hopefully all building to one last wacky finish for old time's sake.

73 yard punt because the returner lost the ball in the lights

• Thanks 1

To go back to something from a month and a half ago: before the sign stealing scandal broke this season, Michigan was 3-3-1 against the spread.

They finished against teams presumably all having changed their signs 4-1 against the spread.