DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

39 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Meanwhile, the Celtics are already close to clinching a playoff spot of some kind.  The nice thing about a home-and-home against the Nets, besides skulling the Nets, is that their magic number for at least guaranteeing the play-in is already going to be down to 7 after tonight's prime curb dinner.

Nets fans were like "Hey, we kept it below double digits in the first game, maybe we can pull off something in the rematch, they have to be tired, right?"

Celtics put 136 up against them.

Craziest thing is it isn't even the biggest win of the season (beat Indy by 51)

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Isaiah Stewart punched Drew Eubanks in the face in an arena tunnel. No word on what started the altercation but police had to separate them and the Suns statement makes it sound like they want to see charges filed.

Stewart was indeed arrested, issued a citation and then released

Monty Williams was then all pissy at the Suns because the organization put a statement out supporting Eubanks and Williams was all THEY DON'T KNOW THE FACTS!!!!

"The thing is to get all of the information. The NBA will do an investigation," Williams said. "For me to come here and make a statement would be a bit irresponsible. I know the Suns said it was unprovoked; I think that is irresponsible for sure. You really don't know.

"That did not need to happen. There is a time for the information to be gathered, and then you can make a statement."

11 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Craziest thing is it isn't even the biggest win of the season (beat Indy by 51)

They are only the third team in history to have multiple 50 point wins in a season (1992-93 Sacramento Kings and the 1978-79 Milwaukee Bucks)

As a reminder - there are three games tonight and then the All Star Break finally fucking starts

Regular season games then resume a week from today (Feb 22)

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They are only the third team in history to have multiple 50 point wins in a season (1992-93 Sacramento Kings and the 1978-79 Milwaukee Bucks)

Man, those two inspire confidence (B-R puts them at 25-57(!) and 38-44 respectively; I figured they stunk but wow).

Edited by Contentious C

Your Eastern Conference All-Star Coach is now 3-7 after losing at Memphis, whose starting 5 consists of Santi Aldama, a Bag of Used Wind, Champagne Wishes, Caviar Dreams, and a Sandwich LeBron James left in the locker room after that game where Dillon Brooks punched him in the gonads.

• Like 1

I've come to grips with the fact that the Bucks probably slammed their own championship window shut so mostly I'm just looking forward to the inevitable Woj/Shams season post-mortem article where everyone blames everyone else.

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah hiring Doc never looked like a great move to me, but it's looking more and more like a disaster every game.

I haven't been paying much attention to NBA recently. But when they put Doc's record so far with them I shook my head in dismay. I'm sure there's time for everybody to get on the same page but they're swimming upstream on the steepest incline. 

Since I wasn't paying much attention did they find out why exactly the coaching change was needed? Something seemed very off about it from the start.