DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK THREE

EVA

Too bad Carolina couldn't keep their shit together for more than a half.  Then again, as much as I hate both of those fucking schools (despite, or perhaps because of, attending one), the only real and true winner in that game would have been the Good Ol' Asteroid (though a very carefully aimed one, because Athens is nice, but depriving the world of 60,000 of UGA's most obnoxious fans could only possibly be a universal good).

Edited by Contentious C

How dumb was that pass???

I didn’t exactly think USF was going to tie that game but they dang sure weren’t going to tie it by throwing a duck into double coverage. The call was dumb almost any time, but this time was even dumber. They made 2 first downs that sequence. Had they even done that at all today??? They thought that the way to win that game was to quit doing what had just got them farther down the field than anything else did the whole day. Real good idea. 

I’m just a little mad about this because had USF won this game, I would have been redneck rich later on tonight. No I didn’t make a bet lol! I work at a nightclub whose business swings with the direction of the football season. 

• Haha 2

That game was like watching a little kid play Tecmo Bowl after he’d gotten past the call the Hailmary every time phase, and finally tried to win a game however tedious it might have been. Get first downs within 3 or 4 tries doing the 3 plays you know how to run right and hope you can hang on until it’s over. Bama managed to do that, and probably would have done it had their opponent been able to resist the Hailmary.

10 minutes ago, EVA said:

Conversely, vibes are terrible for Mike Gundy, as OK State got absolutely stomped at home by South Alabama, 33-7.

Too bad for him since he’s done a good job for a long time IMO. When he leaves they won’t be competitive ever again unless they commit to being better from the ground up similar to how Clemson and others did. I know he’s not everybody’s perfect little angel but in a world with Brian Kelly and Lane Kiffin Gundy doesn’t bother me at all.