DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER '23

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Germany are super-ultraomnishambles, losing 4-1 to Japan.

What the hell is going on over there? Flick was already under fire for Germany being horrible lately, and he's no longer under fire, he's under molton lava.

Bloody hell at that scoreline and the state of Germany in recent times. Germany have won just one of their last six games at home. Hansi Flick has won just 12 of his 25 games in charge since replacing Joachim Low in August 2021. Hansi Flick in deep shit.

Edited by The Natural

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Bloody hell at that scoreline and the state of Germany in recent times. Germany have won just one of their last six games at home. Hansi Flick has won just 12 of his 25 games in charge since replacing Joachim Low in August 2021. Hansi Flick in deep shit.

And he's gone.

Hansi Flick has been sacked as Germany manager following Saturday's 4-1 friendly defeat by Japan.

He becomes the first German head coach to be sacked since the role was created in 1926.

They have now lost four of their past five games, with the 58-year-old having overseen just 12 wins in his 25 matches in charge since replacing Joachim Low in August 2021.

Rudi Voller, who managed the team from 2000 to 2004, takes temporary charge.

Unwanted history there made by Flick.

Revealed: the FA secretly let off a manager who had been gambling on football.

The manager - who cannot be named because of a court ruling - was spared at the same time Ivan Toney, and others, were being punished. 

The FA is refusing to say why .

From Daniel Taylor at the Athletic

Newcastle become the 355th True and Accurate Champions of English Football, holding the belt for the 19th time. It's their first title win since 2019, although they haven't successfully defended the belt since July 2016. Only four teams have won the belt more times; but six teams have 'won' more title matches; with a seventh equal with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you told me before the season, the English side I support who play in blue would have no wins after 5 matches and the Spanish side in which I have shares who play in blue would have no wins after 5 matches, I wouldn’t have been shocked just very melancholy. 

File under "Only in MLS"

Player for Montreal FC, fed up with his playing time (only eight substitute appearances this season), decides he needs playing time, and plays three games for a friend's amateur league team (under a fake name), cops an indefinite ban for punching another player out, gets caught, and gets fired. Although he CAN point out he scored six goals in those three games...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66849573

• Haha 1