DVDVR Message Board

AEW Rampage - 4/22/2023

The Natural

JR during the Firm beatdown: "That Big Bill is a difference maker!"  Yeah, not 17 year veteran Ethan Page, not young wrestling machine Lee Moriarty.  The guy whose only asset is he's big.  He's the difference maker in this fight.  Don't ever change, JR.

Speaking of, JR did some impressive mental and verbal gymnastics to compare Moxley to a football linebacker.  I really need another announcer, one with an obsession with some other, more fringe sport, just to show how truly bizarre all this is.  Like if Alex Marvez re-joined the team and suddenly started tying everything back to curling, we'd fully grasp how weird JR is.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

JR during the Firm beatdown: "That Big Bill is a difference maker!"  Yeah, not 17 year veteran Ethan Page, not young wrestling machine Lee Moriarty.  The guy whose only asset is he's big.  He's the difference maker in this fight.  Don't ever change, JR.

Speaking of, JR did some impressive mental and verbal gymnastics to compare Moxley to a football linebacker.  I really need another announcer, one with an obsession with some other, more fringe sport, just to show how truly bizarre all this is.  Like if Alex Marvez re-joined the team and suddenly started tying everything back to curling, we'd fully grasp how weird JR is.

You’re doing some impressive mental gymnastics yourself to remind us people don’t like JR.  Putting over the largest (by far) guy in the match as the biggest threat is pro wrestling 101.  

• Like 1

Funnily enough, I haven't seen any Julia Hart stuff since she joined the House of Black, so since her entrance was getting bigged up, I jumped onto youtube this morning to check it out. I was enjoying it, but then when the camera zoomed in on her for her close-up, JR cuts in with "she's a mysterious, beautiful jezebel", and I just had to laugh. I tend to cut him more slack than he probably deserves but that snippet was all the criticisms against him writ large.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Opener was fine, a little weird. The later backstage angle didn’t make a lick of sense.

women’s match was bad, but Julia’s finisher does look gnarly.

8-man was fun as hell as expected.

Main was fun as hell and had a lot more kicks and strikes than high spots. JR was right though there were a lot of splats. The 630 senton finisher looked like it landed hard. Vikingo is awesome.

Dynamite looks stacked.

• Like 1