DVDVR Message Board

2023 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

I don’t know if anyone else watched PFL but Friday both John Jones and Francis Nganuo where interview and expressed interest in fighting each other. Seeing as ESPN is in business with both companies I wonder if they would throw their weight behind a co-promotion 

On 6/20/2023 at 2:57 PM, zendragon said:

I don’t know if anyone else watched PFL but Friday both John Jones and Francis Nganuo where interview and expressed interest in fighting each other. Seeing as ESPN is in business with both companies I wonder if they would throw their weight behind a co-promotion 

Yeah, UFC doesn't do co-promotions outside of Mayweather/McGregor. Even with that, it wasn't really a true co-promotion. However, what's intriguing is Bellator and PFL are going to merge probably. How the hell that's going to work and why a merger is taking place...who knows?

• Like 1

I was hoping we avoided my two favs having to fight each other after the canceling in Feb, especially since Erin was talking about moving up to bantamweight recently. I'd love to see her take that title now that Alexa has flyweight.  Should be a great fight regardless though.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I'm thinking we've got Makhachev vs. Oliveira II instead of Makhachev vs. Volkanovski II as Volk needs surgery on his injured arm. That needs running back, 2023 FOTY and I thought Volkanovski won to be the UFC Lightweight Champion and UFC Featherweight Champion at the same time. Can't see Charles beating Islam.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

to the surprise of nobody, 39 year old Junior dos Santos vs. 46 year old Fabricio Werdum wasn't a great match. this match was filled with lots of tension (read: it was boring). a quick search didn't turn up a clean picture pic in spoiler tag, but Werdum's eyelid got cut open pretty bad. JDS by split decision. 

Spoiler

upload_2023-9-9_11-58-9.png

[IMG]

Edited by twiztor
found a pic

5 hours ago, twiztor said:

Pat was scheduled to make his return to MMA next month (vs. Mike Jackson. Yes, the Mike Jackson who holds a victory no contest over CM Punk). Wonder if that still happens. 

It would be a shame to lose that fight.