DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT! WRESTLING - 2023

Impact is heading to Australia, as a replacement for postponed NJPW shows on June 30 and July 1.

"IMPACT Wrestling replaced New Japan Pro Wrestling in Australia due to NJPW scheduling and talent availability issues. The NJPW Oceania Cup has been postponed.

The IMPACT Down Under Tour will feature most of the IMPACT stars, numerous championship matches and special challenge matches against the best Australia-based wrestlers. The shows will be broadcast worldwide on FITE TV and across IMPACT Wrestling international broadcast platforms, digital and social media.

Renowned wrestling podcaster Conrad Thompson will be coming to Australia for the IMPACT Down Under Tour and he will be hosting a live podcast on Sunday, July 2."

• Like 1

Watched this past Thursday's episode. It was pretty good although it felt like the six-man tag went on forever or it didn't have much behind it. Gresham and Speedball was great as usual. Some of my favorite things Impact does though are the backstage segments. I thought the segment with Rosemary, Jessicka and Jim Mitchell was fun and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes (which I'm guessing is the eventual return of Jessicka back into Havok but we'll see).

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 8:49 PM, DreamBroken said:

Impact is heading to Australia, as a replacement for postponed NJPW shows on June 30 and July 1.

"IMPACT Wrestling replaced New Japan Pro Wrestling in Australia due to NJPW scheduling and talent availability issues. The NJPW Oceania Cup has been postponed.

The IMPACT Down Under Tour will feature most of the IMPACT stars, numerous championship matches and special challenge matches against the best Australia-based wrestlers. The shows will be broadcast worldwide on FITE TV and across IMPACT Wrestling international broadcast platforms, digital and social media.

Renowned wrestling podcaster Conrad Thompson will be coming to Australia for the IMPACT Down Under Tour and he will be hosting a live podcast on Sunday, July 2."

"You won't be seeing any of your favorite New Japan talent, but hey, we got Conrad!" 😂

• Haha 4

On 5/10/2023 at 11:09 PM, Curt McGirt said:

It's cool to see Speedball finally speak. He comes off like an excellent babyface who could be a fantastically smug heel at the same time. 

He’s been throwing some heelish stuff in here and there in his GCW bouts and it’s great. The best though was the GCW Title match between him and Masha Slamovich in Toronto back in March. He worked the crowd great and just came off as really smug and cocky. It’s honestly my favorite GCW match this year because of the overall violence factor in it too. They beat the hell out of each other, literally tore the place up and destroyed the ring.

On 5/12/2023 at 12:29 AM, DreamBroken said:

I'm the opposite, always thought protagonist with Jean Claude Van Damme in Kickboxer vibes. 

See I get antagonist in a JCVD film. As in he's clean cut and smiles but he's secretly an awful person that JCVD has to fight to bring down.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 11:45 AM, Wee Bey said:

These guys vs ABC, MCMG or Speedball & Gresham should rule! Throw in Masha, Killer Kelly, Jody Threat or Juggernaut and there's a smashing trios match in there somewhere!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rosemary coming back from the Undead Realm as her alter ego Courtney Rush to save Jessicka is great!

https://youtu.be/iAkfMMBcL8w

I'm not ashamed to admit that the Undead Realm stuff they've been doing with The Coven, Rosemary, Jessica and James Mitchell is probably my favorite thing in wrestling right now. It's so goofy, so cheesy and honestly, a ton of ridiculous fun.

It sure took me awhile, but I recently finished the No Surrender'23. The main event of Josh Alexander defending against Rich Swann was a hell of a match! Overall, a good card. It makes me pleasantly surprised that they can still produce at this level!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 1:41 PM, writeradam84 said:

Rosemary coming back from the Undead Realm as her alter ego Courtney Rush to save Jessicka is great!

https://youtu.be/iAkfMMBcL8w

I'm not ashamed to admit that the Undead Realm stuff they've been doing with The Coven, Rosemary, Jessica and James Mitchell is probably my favorite thing in wrestling right now. It's so goofy, so cheesy and honestly, a ton of ridiculous fun.

Same here.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Any thoughts on who he could be facing this time around? Who would be the most interesting options of the currently healthy roster? There's many directions one could go with this.

2 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Any thoughts on who he could be facing this time around? Who would be the most interesting options of the currently healthy roster? There's many directions one could go with this.

I would *hope* the show gets headlined by Speedball vs. Ospreay since that was supposed to happen at the first Multiverse United before Ospreay's injury

I could see Bully Ray lobbying for a match with Tanahashi since it's the ECW Arena

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

I would *hope* the show gets headlined by Speedball vs. Ospreay since that was supposed to happen at the first Multiverse United before Ospreay's injury

I could see Bully Ray lobbying for a match with Tanahashi since it's the ECW Arena

Yeah, Speedball needs that match to happen and everyone wants to see it!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...