DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 14

Dolfan in NYC

So, how does the NCAA manage to get Alabama into the National Championship game anyway?

It's not that hard.  FSU #1, Auburn #2, Alabama #3, OSU #4.  Auburn loses SEC title game in a squeaker--computers do the magic, and Alabama is #2.

Cade Foster may never want to show his face in Tuscaloosa again.  I could have hit one of those FGs.

What I can't understand is Alabama can recruit five star players all over the field, but somehow they can't recruit a decent kicker?

The freshman who kicked the last one was actually the #1 kicker coming out of high school a year or two ago.

And it was a good effort on his part, considering he was coming off the bench cold in the highest pressue situation possible for the first significant kick of his career. Saban probably should have let him kick earlier on that late 4th down when they went for it.

The freshmen actually got a good snap too.  Foster could have made that kick.

I doubt it. Something was just off in his form tonight. A couple of his PATs looked bad, too.

If putting in Griffin was something Saban was willing to do, then he should have done it on that 4th down when they chose to go for it instead of kicking. I think it woudl've been beween 30-35 yards, so it would've been a much easier kick for the kid to come in on.

It's hilarious, in a deeply saddening way: Saban is the absolute best at EVERYTHING...except managing kickers.

I'm not exactly sure what I should be rooting for now.

Should I be pulling for Mizzou and South Carolina to win tonight, thus ensuring the best possible scenario for a non-Bama SEC team to make it to the championship?

Or should I be pulling for TOTAL FUCKING CHAOS on the slim chance Bama could weasel their way back into the title game, thereby driving the whole country insane?

Difficult choices.