DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/23/2022

I liked the main but man that crowd was quiet, and the 2.0 run-in went over like a fart in church. Maybe that match was too much 'in a vacuum'. Heel vs. heel doesn't always work and I feel bad for Garcia, but he still got to face Danielson. 

"They're trying to CRUSH HIS FACE" was one of the best Tony calls of all time. 

Such a great show. Again, it was marred by copious vanilla midgetry in parts. No show needs multiple appearances from red dragon. There’s a reason no one watched nXt 1.0.

The lack of compelling substance from anyone in that UE/Bucksdebacle was highlighted by actual, honest to god great promos from Eddie Kingston and Ricky Starks. Imagine having those two on the payroll and not using them every week so the EVP’s and refugees from a show that got beaten into reformat can shit up their new program every week.

Buddy Mathews rules ass, so I’m happy to see him w Malakai. House of Black is better every week.

Tay is the first opponent Jade’s had since the tournament final that puts her in legit jeopardy. I’d probably do the switch at the ppv and then have Jade win it back.

Garcia/Danielson ruled. So good. Mox & Dragon are gonna tear the house down.

Edited by just drew
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Either MJF has movie star-level acting ability or there was something very real with what he was saying.  I think it would be cliche for it to all be a ruse to fuck with Punk.  But there was something about the whole thing that made me go "Hmmm...maybe..."  It did throw off the crowd though for a while as they just wanted to boo the shit out of him.  But man that was one helluva promo.

As for the rest of the show 'bout time we see Buddy debut though it always seems like he's a lackey to somebody be it WWE or AEW.  I hope he's still able to shine but I'm hoping it won't be long before he goes on his own.  I liked Penta's new entrance though it had that "And then the bell ring" vibe to it sadly.  It needed him dominating more and showing more of that sinister side to complete it.  Unfortunately this wasn't it.  Jade/Bunny was fun as was the battle royal and of course there was that motherfucking sweet match in Danielson/Garcia.  Much like last week it wasn't meant to be an epic so much as showing that Garcia belongs and I really hope this all leads to them, Mox, Moriarty and Serena dominating everything in their sight.  Just too bad the crowd was so damn quiet.  In a livelier town I think it would have been one helluva atmosphere for the main.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 6

I hope this was just one of those shows where the crowd was mic’ed poorly, because they sucked on TV. Big pops for entrances and then dead silence for everything else.

This was especially egregious at the end of the battle royal when Dax and Kyle were MURDERING each other and getting nothing from them.

I imagine I would’ve been equally infuriated if I could’ve heard them during the PIP section of Daniel/Bryan, which was awesome. As was the whole damn thing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Such a great show. Again, it was marred by copious vanilla midgetry in parts.

Don't talk about Danielson like that.

There’s a reason no one watched nXt 1.0.

Have you seen the ratings NOW?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bryan Danielson is one of my favorite wrestlers. He manages to look credible at his size without undermining his opponents. He’s also carrying about 1000x the charisma of fish & O’Reilly both. As much as I despise the Jacksons, at least they wear interesting gear. There is zero reason to give a shit about red dragon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Either MJF has movie star-level acting ability or there was something very real with what he was saying.  I think it would be cliche for it to all be a ruse to fuck with Punk.  But there was something about the whole thing that made me go "Hmmm...maybe..."  It did throw off the crowd though for a while as they just wanted to boo the shit out of him.  But man that was one helluva promo.

Punk's a wily vet who's had many a ruse played on him.

Better way to fuck with him is to weaponize some real shit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

Daniel/Bryan

Okay, that just so happening to be their first names never registered with me like that but is making me laugh.  It would have been corny to match them up for that reason but thankfully that had nothing to do with anything.

Man, I really wish Kingston just punched Jericho when he did the sports-entertainment stuff.  It completely validated him not wanting to take part in that but I still loved the build for their match.  I mean he really does have to win now and if he doesn't then there's going to be problems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Bryan Danielson is one of my favorite wrestlers. He manages to look credible at his size without undermining his opponents. He’s also carrying about 1000x the charisma of fish & O’Reilly both.

He's my favorite ever.

Still a vanilla midget.

• Haha 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Bunny should always wear black lipstick. That was a good look for her.

That was also the first MJF promo I liked. Credit where it's due.