DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF: Week Six

Pete

When Spiller came back into the game...I was like "oh shit". 

Even though he didn't do much, that seemed like a turning point for the Aggie offense. If your top RB can survive a bruised tailbone and your QB can come back in after it looks like he completely blew out his knee, I would say that's a very good omen. Turned out to be the case.

I had a completely shit day and didn't even end up watching the game.  Saw the Ags had won, so now I gotta go figure out when it replays on the SEC network, so I can record it.  Might get round to watching by March or so, given the way life is going at the moment.

If you'd have told me at noon today that Texas (who was up 28-7 or something similarly ridiculous at that point) would lose and A&M would win, I'd have been willing to bet you quite a lot of money that you were wrong.

I'm kinda guessing Calzada just had ihs Reggie McNeal vs. OU moment, and next week he reverts to being himself all over again, but even if that's what it was it's good enough.  If he didn't, or if King comes back and is actually good, then 10-2 isn't out of the realm of possibility, looking at the remaining schedule.  OL somehow didn't give up a sack, which is really encouraging.  They gave up three against New freaking Mexico.  And they scored more points against Alabama then they did New Mexico as well.  Football is weird, but I don't hate it this week like I did last week.

At one point early in the 4th quarter, the second half offense was like 242 yards for Bama and 17 yards for Texas A&M. A&M had the ball for 10 plays because they scored a TD on special teams. That's a game Bama usually pulls out. 

Billingsley had an uncharacteristic terrible game. He had some critical drops that ending up hurting Bama. The Latu non touchdown also hurt. He holds onto the ball one second longer and the game feels different.

Biggest loser yesterday might have been Cincinnati. Even though they got some help clearing up the Bama/Georgia 2-berth log jam (although that’s still in play), Iowa’s odds of going 12-0 are now in the 90% range with what’s left on their schedule, so there’s a possible B1G 2-berth log gam in front of them, too.

In their favor is that Wake Forest continues to be the best team in the ACC, and a good Demon Deacons team is always a harbinger of chaos.