DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 11

Dolfan in NYC

Man, I hate saying such and such team deserved to lose, but Notre Dame deserved to lose that game, horrifically bad playcalling all night long. RAt3 busts a 35 yard run on a play after Cam overpowered the D-line, and the next set of plays were all passes. In fact, Kelly relied on Rees so much in that game that I wondered if he somehow confused him for Golson.

My God Tommy Rees fucking sucks.

Man, that was one hell of a second half. It was starting to remind me of how Bama beat UGA and ND to death with the ground game 10-11 months ago. And man, Les Miles is an asshole for leaving Mettenberger in there for that last drive when the OL had clearly given up and guys were just teeing off on him. Great, GREAT win, though. The LSU fans I'm coming across on Twitter are incredibly salty right now which just makes their bitter tears all the more delicious.

• Like 1

Tana Patrick just made the play of his career on the goal line.

Reposting for emphasis.LSU was about 2 feet from making it 7-0. How different of a game might it have been if not for "Who's" Tana Patrick punching the ball out of JC Copeland's enormous hands?It's easy to forget that for every stud recruit that Saban signs who goes on to be a star player, there are 2 or 3 other stud recruits who turn out to be just some other dudes on the roster. Patrick was one such dude, until tonight. Amazing story of perseverance.

Man, that was one hell of a second half. It was starting to remind me of how Bama beat UGA and ND to death with the ground game 10-11 months ago. And man, Les Miles is an asshole for leaving Mettenberger in there for that last drive when the OL had clearly given up and guys were just teeing off on him. Great, GREAT win, though. The LSU fans I'm coming across on Twitter are incredibly salty right now which just makes their bitter tears all the more delicious.

This.  Mettenberger was just getting battered in the 4th, and he didn't have to be.  Saban was after blood.  People can bitch about Bama being on top, but I don't see anyone knocking them off anytime soon.

Can we just skip to Bama and FSU playing for the title? Because those are clearly the best two teams.

You were ready to bury them at halftime. The thing that would worry me about FSU is that Jameis can obviously attack down the field which has been the one flaw with Bama... Still, I think Bama wins the title. They'll have a month to prepare. I think they slow down Jameis enough to get it done.

I agree, but boy did ESPN sure like em.  My friend Tommy is a lifelong ND fan, and he was convinced they had a chance, even after I accurately predicted how it would turn out.  As for this season, I really don't see beating Bama.  Yeah, they are weak against longer passes, but you can't do that for a full game.