DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

CD Projekt Red again confirmed that Phantom Liberty will be the only DLC the game gets

The reason is due to technology

CDPR has decided to move to using Unreal 5 instead of its own REDengine (which really shouldn't be surprising since they had signed an agreement with Epic last year)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, PL will make this game as playable as it will ever be.  It's not just DLC; it's an overhaul of the entire game.  That explains why they are making it a paid add-on.

It is also a game overhaul for current gen only, so that opens the door to kvetching about promises broken and whatnot.

Most likely I will buy this around my birthday or Christmas aka whenever someone gifts me an XBox gift card.  Then it will languish on my console until I have gotten Starfield out out of my system sometime next year.

There will also be the issues of Sea of Stars and BG3 and the Witcher 3 remaster that I haven't even touched yet.

Edited by J.T.

The 2.0 patch pays tribute to the characters from Edgerunners anime series by adding niches complete with epitaphs for the dearly departed now entombed at the Columbarium at North Oak. 

There are niches dedicated to David and his mother, Kiwi, Rebecca and her brother Pilar, Dorio, Maine, and Julio.

I'm not crying, dammit, you are.

Edited by J.T.
o
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m pretty sure the 2.0.1 patch/hotfix just gave me all the unattained trophies I hadn’t gotten yet for the main game. Which was only like, 3, but still. I suddenly now have the platinum trophy for the base game 😂

Oh well, thanks CDPR! No need for my other save now I guess?

• Like 1

Be on the lookout for new loot if you have a current gen console (PS5 or Xbox Series S or X) and have upgraded to 2.0 or have upgraded to 2.0 and have installed Phantom Liberty.

Spoiler

If you inspect Saburo's body during The Heist after Yorinobu and Adam Smasher have left, you will find the iconic tanto, Nehan, on his corpse.  Nehan is a companion weapon to Satori, Saburo's iconic katana, that can be found in the Arasaka AV on the roof of Kompeki Plaza during The Heist. 

If an enemy is suffering from the Bleeding effect caused by Satori, hitting the enemy with Nehan gives you the Hemorrhaging status effect where you will recover as many HP as the enemy loses due to Bleeding.

Also if you check around the tree trunk on the first floor of the penthouse, you will find an Iquana egg.   If you take the egg with you, a bowl of water will spawn at V's apartment.  If you put the egg in the bowl, a baby iquana will hatch after roughly 90 days of game time.

Edited by J.T.

Fired up a new game to see what was what.  Love the new interface and that the game world is not littered with trash items anymore.  Getting used to the idea that clothing is mostly cosmetic now and cyberware does most of the heavy lifting in the Damage Resistance department.

Edited by J.T.

So the 2.0 patch has introduced the most amusing glitch ever.

During the story mission, The Ripperdoc, it is sometimes possible for the Basic Kiroshi Optics and Ballistic Coprocssor cybwerware installations to glitch and not slot.  Most people find out about the glitch the first time they try to use the zoom feature of their Kiroshis and nothing happens.

You cannot get Viktor to slot the software after the fact because he does not do any further work on you have satisfied your 21K Eddie debt to him (Paid in Full side gig).

The glitch seems to occur when you exit directly out of the menu where you install your initial cyberware.  Navigating to another menu before exiting out seems to work around the bug.

Edited by J.T.

Ran into another bug where your craftic iconics are not being displayed in V's arsenal when you place them in the weapon stash.  I am beginning to think I should've revisited The Witcher instead of 2077.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

CDPR announced this past Friday that 2.02 will be released "soon."

2.01 came out a week after the announcement, so it is likely that 2.02 will go live this coming Friday.

It'll be interesting to see if they also fix any of the known 2.0 glitches/exploits or introduce new ones

I would guess both.   The 2.01 patch broke things that have been fixed or working normally since 1.6.

It is ironic that the consoles left behind when Phantom Liberty launched also have the more playable version of the game.

Edited by J.T.

• 4 weeks later...

Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition will come to “next-gen” consoles and PC on December 5

It will be the 2.0 version of the game and include the Phantom Liberty expansion

And perhaps most importantly for people - there will be a physical edition of it

The XBOX version will have everything out of the box. PS5 will have to download the DLC

• 2 weeks later...

The 2.1 (final) patch should drop sometime in the next few days.  The biggest additions to the game world will be a working NCART mass transit system and a new piece of cyberware that will allow you to listen to the in-game radio stations even when you are on foot.

I'm really excited to dive back in early 2024. I played it at launch and beat it/liked it, but I recognize it wasn't a polished game then. Sounds like now its almost a totally different game with how much they've added in the meantime, along with the DLC of course. I did think it was funny they said the 2.1 patch will make the final boss harder, he kicked my ass the first time as he was. I better get gud in the meantime.