DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

Fired this up yesterday to see if there were any notable improvements in 1.6.1.  The game seems very stable now, but there is still the odd hiccup in gravity while you are operating a vehicle.

Some structures in the city have changed.   The locations from Edgerunners like Pilar and Becca's flat were added in Patch 1.5 IIRC and you can even order a David Martinez from the bar if you go have a drink at Afterlife.  It's made with NiCola which is ironic because in the animated series, David despises carbonated beverages.

This is both awesome and sad since the only way to get a drink named for you at Afterlife is to snuff it during a mission, so there is the answer to whether or not David Martinez is dead.

One day when I finally settle down and complete my Skyrim antics, I will focus on beating 2077.  Probably won't put any serious time into the game until after Phantom Liberty since it will be the only expansion made for the game.

Edited by J.T.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Idris Elba is now in the game - looks like I will finally break down and get it

He's doing the voice work for an FBI agent named Solomon Reed.  Reed's not in any of the rulebooks like Adam Smasher or Johnny Silverhand.  He's an original character for the new story.

AA154JT9.img (534×300) (akamaized.net)

And I wouldn't bother buying the game quite yet.  Phantom Liberty will be paid DLC and CDPR announced on their message board that a GotY edition is in the works which will include Phantom Liberty as well as all of the added content since launch.

Supposedly there will be one more huge patch before the release of Phantom Liberty which will include more fixes, an improved vehicle combat system, yet another overhaul to police response to crimes, and a new gameplay loop for melee combat.  If this is true then this patch should also be bundled with the GotY edition.

Edited by J.T.

Here is the second Phantom Liberty trailer featuring Idris Elba / Solomon Reed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrHb2p4YPT0&feature=emb_logo

There is some speculation that Phantom Liberty will either add NG+ or somehow allow you to keep playing after you unlock one of the better endings where V is still alive (The Star, The Sun, The Secret Ending)

The dates that scroll at the conclusion of the trailer appear to consist of the release years of the various Cyberpunk RPG lorebooks, the release year of the video game, and then "2079" and "2023" which could mean that Phantom Liberty happens two years after the endgame mission, Nocturne OP55N1.

This would run counter to CDPR's initial statement that Phantom Liberty would have to be played before the final mission of the main storyline.

Edited by J.T.

On 12/10/2022 at 2:46 AM, J.T. said:

Here is the second Phantom Liberty trailer featuring Idris Elba / Solomon Reed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrHb2p4YPT0&feature=emb_logo

There is some speculation that Phantom Liberty will either add NG+ or somehow allow you to keep playing after you unlock one of the better endings where V is still alive (The Star, The Sun, The Secret Ending)

The dates that scroll at the conclusion of the trailer appear to consist of the release years of the various Cyberpunk RPG lorebooks, the release year of the video game, and then "2079" and "2023" which could mean that Phantom Liberty happens two years after the endgame mission, Nocturne OP55N1.

This would run counter to CDPR's initial statement that Phantom Liberty would have to be played before the final mission of the main storyline.

Doesn't one of the endings where V ends up working with Mr. Blue Eyes hint that he (Blue Eyes) may be able to help V live?

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Doesn't one of the endings where V ends up working with Mr. Blue Eyes hint that he (Blue Eyes) may be able to help V live?

Indeed which is why the ongoing fan theory is that Mr. Blue Eyes will factor in heavily into the plot of Phantom Liberty.

CDPR loves inside jokes so I always assumed that Mr. Blue Eyes was a riff on The Illusive Man from Mass Effect, until someone unpacked the game files and found out that all of the Mr. Blue Eyes files are associated with Morgan Blackhand.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

Indeed which is why the ongoing fan theory is that Mr. Blue Eyes will factor in heavily into the plot of Phantom Liberty.

CDPR loves inside jokes so I always assumed that Mr. Blue Eyes was a riff on The Illusive Man from Mass Effect, until someone unpacked the game files and found out that all of the Mr. Blue Eyes files are associated with Morgan Blackhand.

I hope he's involved. I was intrigued by mentions of him and the "space people who run the politicians" and thought they'd figure into the ending. I figured he and the space stuff had to lead to a sequel or something.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you that are thinking about playing again when Phantom LIberty drops, do not make the Crafting mistakes you did the first time you played.

Here is a good tutorial about weapon crafting that also holds true for armor.

Free Legendary items have probably been moved around since the last time you played the game thanks to the new patches.   Here is an update on where you can find free good shit in the current game.  Remember that a lot of loot is level locked when you acquire it, so be careful when you grab the items unless you are looking for a quick boost or fodder items to shred for mats so that you can upgrade something else.

Now that transmog is in the game, you can shred the item anyway and still keep the appearance template to wear for later.

• 3 months later...

Patch 1.62 rolled out this afternoon.  It allows high-end PC's to maximize Ray Tracing.

Still no word on when Phantom Liberty will drop.  Most people think it won't be out until Winter and some think it will be delayed until next year.

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

Patch 1.62 rolled out this afternoon.  It allows high-end PC's to maximize Ray Tracing.

Still no word on when Phantom Liberty will drop.  Most people think it won't be out until Winter and some think it will be delayed until next year.

As someone who hasn't bought it yet, is it worth getting on pS4?

3 hours ago, Contentious C said:

And here I am, wondering when I should go to the trouble of finally picking this up, too.  Evidently, the answer is, "Basically never."

PL will practically be end of life cycle for the game.  If you are going to play it, play it after the DLC and last patches roll out.  That will be as "fixed" as it will ever get.

Half of the dev crew has already been shifted over to the next Witcher project.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Imagine my frustration when I realized I didn’t save Goro during that one mission, so now I can’t get The Devil achievement unless I start a new save. Fuck. Oh well, I fucked up with the skill tree and was one level away from maxing out an attribute and then I hit the level cap. So that’s two achievements I have to start a new game for.

It’s going to be a pain in the ass to do the one about finding all fast travel terminals. Goddamnit. I was going to wait until the September patch to buy all cars, but I only have maybe 10 left so I’ll knock that out tonight I guess, along with the Johnny ending achievement.